ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 general extension queries - maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sandeep_m
Newly Registered

Tier 1 general extension queries - maintenance funds

Post by sandeep_m » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:09 pm

Hello Friendly boarders,
My HSMP expires on jan 19,2010. Applying for extension 1st week of december. A few queries if you could help with please :

For my maintenance funds I have my HSBC bank, UK statements of the past 3 months (the once that come monthly through post). I assume these are the orginals. However the hsbc bank is not ready to attest it (sign + stamp) in spite of me requesting them. I tried this in two separate branches in London..but no luck.

So my question is :
1. Is it ok to just send the original bank statements without attestation?

2. Also the bank is refusing to give me any free form letters claiming funds above 800 GBP in the past 3 months. Is this a must ? It is worrying me .please help

3. I am planning to get the visiting card of the bank personal and send it with the application so that HO can enquire if required. Is it ok...

Apart from these a few more clarifications :
1. There is a mention of ICFN (identity card for foreign natinals) in the application form. As I do not have a card what should I fill in here. It appears as if it is mandatory but contradictory to the one mentioned in identity_cards_for_foreign_1.pdf ...

2. I am sending my visa debit card of HSBC for payment ( this is not in the list of acceptable cards as per the documentation).. Hope its ok . (checked in immigrationboards.com they say its fine ) . However your thoughts on this would be useful.

When I first applied for HSMP i got letters from Indian bank without problem... Here in UK I am stuck..

I am applying for extension in the first week of december.
Thanks for your time and help.
Cheers,
Sandeep

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 general extension queries - maintenance funds

Post by mvent00 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:18 am

sandeep_m wrote:Hello Friendly boarders,
My HSMP expires on jan 19,2010. Applying for extension 1st week of december. A few queries if you could help with please :

For my maintenance funds I have my HSBC bank, UK statements of the past 3 months (the once that come monthly through post). I assume these are the orginals. However the hsbc bank is not ready to attest it (sign + stamp) in spite of me requesting them. I tried this in two separate branches in London..but no luck.

So my question is :
1. Is it ok to just send the original bank statements without attestation? YES

2. Also the bank is refusing to give me any free form letters claiming funds above 800 GBP in the past 3 months. Is this a must ? It is worrying me .please help If you have statement, you do not need that.

3. I am planning to get the visiting card of the bank personal and send it with the application so that HO can enquire if required. Is it ok... Yes, it is good idea to provide these with bank statements.

1. There is a mention of ICFN (identity card for foreign natinals) in the application form. As I do not have a card what should I fill in here. It appears as if it is mandatory but contradictory to the one mentioned in identity_cards_for_foreign_1.pdf ... Leave it blank.

2. I am sending my visa debit card of HSBC for payment ( this is not in the list of acceptable cards as per the documentation).. Hope its ok . (checked in immigrationboards.com they say its fine ) . However your thoughts on this would be useful. Should be no problem, as per other person's experiences on the forum.

When I first applied for HSMP i got letters from Indian bank without problem... Here in UK I am stuck.. Just bank statements are fine.

Cheers,
Sandeep

sandeep_m
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep_m » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Thanks mvent00. I am applying next week.

Many thanks,
Sandeep

push

Post by push » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:04 pm

sandeep_m wrote:2. I am sending my visa debit card of HSBC for payment ( this is not in the list of acceptable cards as per the documentation).. Hope its ok .
You are sending your Debit card with application?? Why??
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:23 am

push wrote:
sandeep_m wrote:2. I am sending my visa debit card of HSBC for payment ( this is not in the list of acceptable cards as per the documentation).. Hope its ok .
You are sending your Debit card with application?? Why??
I guess sending means, just sending the info, not the card itself :wink: .

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Just wondering, Is it OK to provide monthly statements towards maintenance funds?

The HO guidance states:

For applications made either in the United Kingdom or overseas, all evidence must be dated no more than one month before the application is submitted.

Does this not mean, we need a single statement (dated within the last month) covering the entire period?

So my question is :

2. Also the bank is refusing to give me any free form letters claiming funds above 800 GBP in the past 3 months. Is this a must ? It is worrying me .please help

3. I am planning to get the visiting card of the bank personal and send it with the application so that HO can enquire if required. Is it ok...

1. There is a mention of ICFN (identity card for foreign natinals) in the application form. As I do not have a card what should I fill in here. It appears as if it is mandatory but contradictory to the one mentioned in identity_cards_for_foreign_1.pdf ...

2. I am sending my visa debit card of HSBC for payment ( this is not in the list of acceptable cards as per the documentation).. Hope its ok . (checked in immigrationboards.com they say its fine ) . However your thoughts on this would be useful.

When I first applied for HSMP i got letters from Indian bank without problem... Here in UK I am stuck..

Cheers,
Sandeep

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Master_Blaster wrote:Just wondering, Is it OK to provide monthly statements towards maintenance funds?

The HO guidance states:

For applications made either in the United Kingdom or overseas, all evidence must be dated no more than one month before the application is submitted.

Does this not mean, we need a single statement (dated within the last month) covering the entire period?

So my question is :

Cheers,
Sandeep

One month condition here will mean that you have got the statements within one month before the date of application.

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:04 pm

In this case, only the last statement will be within a month as statements are received monthly.

In the guidance, HO have mentioned that ALL evidence should be within one month and hence my question.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:10 pm

NO, for bank statement it is not applicable.

Guidance states:
The most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

It does not say all statements should be one month old.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf page 35 of 44.

Master_Blaster wrote:In this case, only the last statement will be within a month as statements are received monthly.

In the guidance, HO have mentioned that ALL evidence should be within one month and hence my question.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi sandeep
I also have an account with HSBC but i did get a statement for maintenance of balance from HSBC.
I thought otherwise caseworker had to search in bank statement..
It was not necessary but i did it for peace of mind...

sandeep_m
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep_m » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Thanks folks for the friendly reply.
Yep I am sending only the debit card details...
Posting it tomorrow.. :)

Thanks for all your advice once again...

Cheers