ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR JR Refunds

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gloria
Newly Registered

Post by gloria » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Pisces wrote:
Hi gloria, just write to the address appeared in your ILR/Refund letter as I have called HO and he advise me to do so as well. Witting a reminder letter to any other address might not speed up the processing on your refund application.
Just read it. Thank you Pisces. I sent an email to UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk few days ago and got an automatic reply saying I might not get a response. If so, I will write.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:54 pm

In the end, if you are owed a refund, you can fill out a form to request it. You do not need to rely that upon obtaining ILR it will occur to the HO to refund you. I already had Citizenship by the time the JR was made into effect. I sent in the refund form about 2 months ago and just got a letter confirming, I am entitled to an ILR upon an earlier date and a refund which has been requested.

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:13 am

gloria wrote:
Pisces wrote:
Hi gloria, just write to the address appeared in your ILR/Refund letter as I have called HO and he advise me to do so as well. Witting a reminder letter to any other address might not speed up the processing on your refund application.
Just read it. Thank you Pisces. I sent an email to UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk few days ago and got an automatic reply saying I might not get a response. If so, I will write.
you need to write to the HO postal address (on your ILR letter), for the email I would suggest you write an email to the case worker not to the general email address. you can formulate the case worker email as firstname.lastname@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (you can get the first and last name from the bottom of your ILR Letter). I wrote an email to the case worker and received her reply within 15 minutes (surprised isn't it), mentioning that my request is forwarded to the relative department and she has asked them to process my refund urgently. I will try posting the template to the forum later today.

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:17 am

republique wrote:In the end, if you are owed a refund, you can fill out a form to request it. You do not need to rely that upon obtaining ILR it will occur to the HO to refund you. I already had Citizenship by the time the JR was made into effect. I sent in the refund form about 2 months ago and just got a letter confirming, I am entitled to an ILR upon an earlier date and a refund which has been requested.
yes, that's right but if one applied after after JR, they will receive a letter with ILR stating that refund is due and HO will issue a check in DUE COURSE so I don't think submitting a refund form can do batter then what is already acknowledge by the HO.

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:09 am

What about people who did not need an extension to their existing LTR (under pre April-2006 HSMP), but had to wait an extra 1 year and thus incur the increased fee (effective from April 2007) for settlement application ?
Is there any directive from UKBA with regards to refunds in above case ?

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:28 am

dnicky wrote:What about people who did not need an extension to their existing LTR (under pre April-2006 HSMP), but had to wait an extra 1 year and thus incur the increased fee (effective from April 2007) for settlement application ?
Good point I haven't seen any such directive either on UKBA or on HSMP Forum Ltd. I think no one is interested in that as if we start chasing these then it would be a long list including "child benefits", "child tax credit" etc. Anyone knows HSMP Forum Ltd stand on these issues?

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:07 pm

@republique

Where can I get the refund request form? :roll:

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:05 pm

supercreature wrote:Yes sir, perhaps I have 35 days gap .... but do I need extension for 1 week? for 750£?? :lol: (smiling with anger)
I think that is why you didnt get letter.

To answer your question, yes you would have needed to apply an extension for your Tier1/HSMP leave to remain ifyour visa expired 28days before you were due for ILR, well according to the rules anyway. This is what the HO is effectively saying, that at 3years 10months and a bit you applied for FLR as your visa was about to expire as at that stage you did not qualify for ILR

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:12 am

supercreature wrote:@republique

Where can I get the refund request form? :roll:
please find the link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ew-09-form

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:16 pm

dnicky wrote:What about people who did not need an extension to their existing LTR (under pre April-2006 HSMP), but had to wait an extra 1 year and thus incur the increased fee (effective from April 2007) for settlement application ?
No, they couldn't cover all the different permutations so waiting longer and paying a higher fee is not included.
You can ask but I doubt you will get a response.

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:16 pm

@Pisces

Many thanks Pisces. Much appreciated.

gloria
Newly Registered

Post by gloria » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:00 pm

Pisces wrote:you need to write to the HO postal address (on your ILR letter), for the email I would suggest you write an email to the case worker not to the general email address. you can formulate the case worker email as firstname.lastname@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (you can get the first and last name from the bottom of your ILR Letter). I wrote an email to the case worker and received her reply within 15 minutes (surprised isn't it), mentioning that my request is forwarded to the relative department and she has asked them to process my refund urgently. I will try posting the template to the forum later today.
Yes, you are right. I got an email response from the HO. They suggested me to write to the following address with my detail:

UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road , Croydon CR9 2BY

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi Pisces

Can you also confirm the address where to post the refund request form please?

Thanks

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:06 pm

supercreature wrote:Hi Pisces

Can you also confirm the address where to post the refund request form please?

Thanks
@ supercreature

I wrote a letter to Sheffield PO, as my ILR application was processed there (same day). Find the address below:
UK Border Agency, PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi Pisces
Sorry to bother you again, but what did you put in the Original Payment Reference Number (PRN) field on the form? Thanks for earlier replies .. and very quick too :lol:

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Sorry to bother you again, but what did you put in the Original Payment Reference Number (PRN) field on the form? Thanks for earlier replies .. and very quick too :lol:
Hi supercreature,
I didn't actually used the refund form as I have already got the confirmation letter with ILR stating that I will be getting a one-off payment in due course and was also advised by the Call Centre Agent not to send the form if you have already received confirmation letter. I just wrote a reminder letter to process my fee i have included the copy of the confirmation letter as well.

Hollow
Newly Registered

Post by Hollow » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:43 pm

Has anyone received their refund yet? I sent the refund form in the middle of July, received the letter back dating my ILR in August, but I haven't received the actual check yet... How much is it for? Anyone has any idea on how I can chase this up? Many thanks.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Pisces wrote:
Hi supercreature,
I didn't actually used the refund form as I have already got the confirmation letter with ILR stating that I will be getting a one-off payment in due course and was also advised by the Call Centre Agent not to send the form if you have already received confirmation letter. I just wrote a reminder letter to process my fee i have included the copy of the confirmation letter as well.
Still got nothing. The money would be nice to have in this economic woeful time. I am getting annoyed. After all it cost more than the refund amount to wait an extra year

miniluv
Newly Registered

ILR JR Refunds

Post by miniluv » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:32 pm

There's some people over on the "ILR Processing Timelines 2009" thread that report having received their cheques just days after receiving their ILR by post. However, they all seem to have applied around September/October time. It may be that UKBA has put extra mapower on this and hence are resolving things quickly. Too bad for the rest of us who got the ILR back in July (like me): I'm afraid our refund requests are buried under tons of paperwork! I've emailed my caseworker as mentioned on this thread and will be writing by post to the Croydon Office tomorrow, where I applied in person. Good Luck everyone!

indianadr

Got Refun

Post by indianadr » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi All

Happy to inform you that today I got refund from UKBA for £350.

This refund cheque got trigged ONLY after I called them. When I called them on 9th Nov, they checked and found that my case was not sent to the charging department. Then the agent made the correction to send it to charging dept.

Before all this I had sent the completed Refund form to Sheffield Office.

You need to call 01142074074 and choose option 5.

Good luck to all waiting.

Thanks
Mallik

miniluv
Newly Registered

ILR JR Refunds

Post by miniluv » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:15 am

Following on Mallik's advice I called that number about 5-6 times, holding for about 5 minutes each time, throughout all day yesterday and finally today got through. They tell me they will investigate what happened to my payment as it may've been lost on the postal strike or something like that. They asked me to check in two weeks time, so let's hope I get lucky like Indianadr...

republique
BANNED

Re: ILR JR Refunds

Post by republique » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:21 pm

miniluv wrote:Following on Mallik's advice I called that number about 5-6 times, holding for about 5 minutes each time, throughout all day yesterday and finally today got through. They tell me they will investigate what happened to my payment as it may've been lost on the postal strike or something like that. They asked me to check in two weeks time, so let's hope I get lucky like Indianadr...
I just gave it go. 11 minute waiting time. My mobile lost its charge half way through. Does nothing happen in the UK, unless you pester someone.
And as if they knew I wasn't going to let it go, I got the refund check so my case is closed.
Strange I posted that I got the refund last week as if they knew I was calling and wouldn't get out of it.
Last edited by republique on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bani

Post by bani » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:33 pm

Some people at hsmp forum have gotten their refund cheques after filing a complaint. Info at this link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 pm

bani wrote:Some people at hsmp forum have gotten their refund cheques after filing a complaint. Info at this link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/
Not posting?
I already posted this and it seems to have disappeared.
I got the refund last week as if the HO knew I wasn't going away.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi Bani

Do you know anyone in HSMP forum got their refund back who entered UK 6 weeks after getting first entry clearance. HSMP forum has raised this issue with HO and requested refund for people who entered UK within 3 months after getting entry clearance.

Please post your feedback. Thanks in advance.