ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rights with a family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

Rights with a family permit

Post by benbmxer » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Hi all,

As I did before, I come again to this very helpful forum to seek for some help.
I just entered UK a month ago with a 6-month family permit valid until April 2010. My wife is Italian and she's been working full time in UK for the last 15 months now. We plan to stay in UK for a long time.

My question is, what are my working rights with this 6-month family permit? can I start working straight away (I've got already an interview this week)? What after April 2010, what should I do to stay here legally? I know I have the right to stay but which document I should get to prove it?

Thanks in advance for your help and wise information you always provide people.

Cheers!

BEN

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:28 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

Post by benbmxer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:26 am

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:57 pm

Since you are here with your wife, you can do pretty much anything she can do. You can work, come and go, and pay taxes.

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

Post by benbmxer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Since you are here with your wife, you can do pretty much anything she can do. You can work, come and go, and pay taxes.
Thank you, also great information there... :)