ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering in Jan 2010. Opinion Needed

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nikumbmehta
Newly Registered

Entering in Jan 2010. Opinion Needed

Post by nikumbmehta » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi All.

I will be entering London in Jan 2010 as it is expected that economy will recover in 2010.

I have taken 5 months leave from my current employer and would like to take this opportunity and make the most out of it. In this regards, I have few questions if someone can reply on that I will be grateful.

1. I got visa from March 2009 to March 2012 and this will be the first time I will be entering in UK, will it be any problem?

2. I am planning to carry around £2000 for this five months and considering I wont get any job during this, will it be sufficient to survive for five months?

3. I would like to take parttime jobs until I get a concerned job. I just want to know that are part time jobs availabe there? and if so will I be able to survive with that money?

4. Last one, I know most of you will deny on this aspect but still let me ask you. I have done MBA and have worked for banks, just want to know are there any signs of recruitment happening in finance sector?

Thanking you in advance.

vnvijay

Re: Entering in Jan 2010. Opinion Needed

Post by vnvijay » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi,

I have sent you an personal message, check & reply.

VJ

nikumbmehta wrote:Hi All.

I will be entering London in Jan 2010 as it is expected that economy will recover in 2010.

I have taken 5 months leave from my current employer and would like to take this opportunity and make the most out of it. In this regards, I have few questions if someone can reply on that I will be grateful.

1. I got visa from March 2009 to March 2012 and this will be the first time I will be entering in UK, will it be any problem?

2. I am planning to carry around £2000 for this five months and considering I wont get any job during this, will it be sufficient to survive for five months?

3. I would like to take parttime jobs until I get a concerned job. I just want to know that are part time jobs availabe there? and if so will I be able to survive with that money?

4. Last one, I know most of you will deny on this aspect but still let me ask you. I have done MBA and have worked for banks, just want to know are there any signs of recruitment happening in finance sector?

Thanking you in advance.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:54 pm

2000 GBP for 5 months is very less...At least 1000 GBP per month (even if u stay in shared accomdation/cook food etc)...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:29 pm

You'll be lucky if £2 lasts even a month....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:21 pm

good luck. 2k for 5 months...you need to aim higher than that. 3x your amount I suggest is a good starting point - this also depends on where you will stay.
nikumbmehta wrote:Hi All.

Thanking you in advance.

nikumbmehta
Newly Registered

Post by nikumbmehta » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:22 am

Ok I got it that I need to have more on table and then enter there but can u please give your views on other questions. It seems all are pointing out the one thing.

Thanks

[quote="Markie"]good luck. 2k for 5 months...you need to aim higher than that. 3x your amount I suggest is a good starting point - this also depends on where you will stay.

[quote="nikumbmehta"]Hi All.

Thanking you in advance.[/quote][/quote]

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:02 am

Hi

How the market situation now.? i just posted my profile on the job portal and not getting much calls...

Am in inside UK.

pyke

Post by pyke » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Things pretty much slow down with Christmas and New Years, don't they? Not much hiring for new positions at this time of the year, for full-time positions at least.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:16 pm

Finance market is painfully slow unless you want to work in credit control and spend all day every day chasing people up for debt.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:40 pm

nikumbmehta,
I live half an hour away from london, if you were to come in April 2010, then you could have stayed with me might. I have 1BHK and I will only be staying in, I have broadband, Asian TV, Vonage unlimited calls to India, I shall charge you £180 to £200 per month. You can use all the facilities which I don't mind. You have to take care of food and travel.

December31

Hi

Post by December31 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:54 pm

2000K should last you for 3 and half months in my opinion, if you are spend your money frugally and intelligently.