ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependent on SET(O) Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cisadi

ILR for Dependent on SET(O) Application

Post by Cisadi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:37 pm

Guys, I really need help !!

I am confused, could some one please answer my questions below :

1. Can I apply for my wife's and son's ILR with my ILR application on the same form SET (O)

2. Which documents are required to prove that she has stayed with me in the UK for at least two years.

3. I got confused when I checked details of SET(M) which is a separate application form for dependents which indicates that my wife will need to make a separate application on SET(M) form.

Please please help. Thanking you in anticipation

dish71
Newly Registered

Post by dish71 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:37 pm

hiya,
as far as i know the best thing for you would be to apply for ilr for your dependants along with your application on set o form. set m form is used for dependants of an individual who is already here with settled status. Hope that helps.

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:49 am

Thanks, dish17.

Do you know which additional docs (if there are any) would i need to provide for proving that my wife has stayed with me for atleast two years ?

dish71
Newly Registered

Post by dish71 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:33 pm

hello Cisadi,
u can provide bank statements if on joint acoount or anr utility bills though i am not entirely sure whether u need to prove that u hv been living together for the last 2 years for set o form. I did not provide any such documents which proved it. may be senior members can shed some light on this.

Markie

Re: ILR for Dependent on SET(O) Application

Post by Markie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:43 am

Cisadi wrote:Guys, I really need help !!

I am confused, could some one please answer my questions below :

1. Can I apply for my wife's and son's ILR with my ILR application on the same form SET (O). Yes

2. Which documents are required to prove that she has stayed with me in the UK for at least two years. utility bills, council tax notice, bank/card statements

3. I got confused when I checked details of SET(M) which is a separate application form for dependents which indicates that my wife will need to make a separate application on SET(M) form. Not applicable to you because you're not settled yet (permanent resident - a.k.a. ILR granted).

Quote:

You should use application form SET(M) if you:

â– already have temporary permission to stay in the United Kingdom (limited leave to remain) as the husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner of a permanent resident;

UNQUOTE:
Please please help. Thanking you in anticipation

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:45 pm

Thanks Markie

2. Which documents are required to prove that she has stayed with me in the UK for at least two years.

utility bills, council tax notice, bank/card statements

Do I need to provide this when applying for my wife's ILR on SET(O) form along with my application ?