ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR - Informartion share

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prasnna

Got ILR - Informartion share

Post by prasnna » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks a lot all for your valuable advice, I've got my ILR. Just wanted to share my experience with others.

I've found the PEO staff very kind and helpful. They expect all the documents very well arranged from the applicants.

Keep the following documents loose and in separate sets.

1. PEO Appointment letter/Ref no *
2. Application form + picts.
3. Passport - Current and previous
4. Work permit(s)
5. Life in the UK or ESOL result
6. Employer's letter - current (a must) and if possible keep previous employers contracts of the UK with you **
7. Salary slips, if possible carry your P60s as well.
8. Bank Statements, is possible ask your bank to produce prints and get them verified from your bank just days before your appointment.

Present them at least 3 months (slips and bank stmts), if possible carry at least 1 years of both esp if there are any big transactions.

* You should receive an e-mail confirmation with 48 hours of booking your appointment via online system. For individuals applicant this e-mail confirmation is enough which include your reference number etc.

If you are applying for dependents in your application then please confirm the details after booking your appointment. You should print the appointment letter and take it with you.

If unsure call the enquiry number and clarify. PEO staff is very particular about the type of appointment you have. Due to the high number of applications, they are unable to change the application type on the day of the appointment.
Even for 1 dependent you need to have 'Family' appointment, pay attention when using the online booking system.

You will receive couple of text messages few days before your appointment with your reference number etc.

** Present them with letter from current employer only. It should be addressed to the ukba and should confirm your start date, designation & say that you are required by the team for a foreseeable future. It Should be signed by your HR / Dept Manager, with their designation and contact no. If your employers name has ever changed after you were issued the WP then please include the old name your WP shows, in the letter.

If dependents are also applying, Carry necessary docs like marriage/ birth/ registration certificates etc. Just in case they want to verify.

PEO Staff is very polite and friendly and expects the same from the applicants.

Dress in smart casuals. Wear a smile!

Good luck.
Last edited by prasnna on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 12 times in total.

sac

Post by sac » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:23 am

hi, congrats on getting your ILR.

couple of quick (and possibly dumb) questions - grateful if you or anyone else could answer them:
1. do we need to fill & submit the payment page of the form, if we are making a PEO application? (and does one need to check the relevant box in the final checklist?)
2. in the checklist of documents, how many payslips and bank statements are you listing as submitted?

prasnna

@sac

Post by prasnna » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Cheers mate!

If you are paying by cash then no need to fill the payment section(6..12), but you have to submit page 4, with sections 1..5 filled.

Although not listed as mode of payment, they accept VISA debit card.

Don't pay by cheque unless you have £1000 gurantee on our cards (you can check this on back of your card).

I did fill the check list, don't know if its necessary.

In the check list I filled 6 for payslips and 19 for bank statements as I have few accounts (covering 6 months). It would be wise to ask your bank to print consolidated stmt for 3 months and get it signed + stamped from them.

Hope this helps
Last edited by prasnna on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: @sac

Post by pkumar » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:57 pm

did u have more than 90 days gap? any more info?

prasnna

Re: @pKumar

Post by prasnna » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:27 pm

pkumar wrote:did u have more than 90 days gap? any more info?
no I did not have 90 days gap. But be prepared for questions on this.... not discouraging you, I know someone who got rejected for this very reason.. then again it depends on caseworker.. usually they are very particular about the rules.

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:57 am

Thanks prasnna for sharing the information. Could you please let me know if employer letter is required if we are applying for ILR via WP+Tier1 (Tier1 is recent)? If yes could you please share a template to me of the employer letter?

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:59 pm

cheers2boss wrote:Thanks prasnna for sharing the information. Could you please let me know if employer letter is required if we are applying for ILR via WP+Tier1 (Tier1 is recent)? If yes could you please share a template to me of the employer letter?
If you are currently employed, then employers letter is a must.

It should be addressed to the ukba and should confirm your start date, designation & say that you are required by the team for a foreseeable future.

And also mention that if they require further info then whom to contact+ signed by your HR or dept manager. with their name and designation clearly mentioned.

If the company has changed its name (after your WP was done) then please mention it in the first paragraph... formerly ABC corporation.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Are you sure? as far as I am aware you do not need an employer letter for your tier1 employment. If you are currently on a work permit then yes you must have an employer's letter.
'In everything give thanks'

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Does the letter from the employer need to be addressed to the UKBA or "To whom it may concern" would do ?

Kartiksha
Newly Registered

P 60 ?

Post by Kartiksha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Dear Prasnna

Many Thanks for sharing all the info.

Did you submit all 5 years P60 ?

I am planning to submit my ILR by aug and by then I will be having only 2 P60. Is that enough ?

Many Thanks in Advance

blue.olive

how you made ur booking

Post by blue.olive » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:28 am

How did you made you booking online or on phone

I just made the booking for Prem-services online
when i log in , UKBA online system confirm my appointment
but when i called UKBA to confirm my booking,
i was told that they cant see my appointment on the system and she further said i donot how this online system works
Bit confuse ,

Kindly advise

Olive

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:54 pm

Cisadi wrote:Does the letter from the employer need to be addressed to the UKBA or "To whom it may concern" would do ?
Since you are submitting the letter to UKBA by hand/post and your employer knows why you are asking for this reference letter, it is advisable to write To The UKBA and Ref: Application for the ILR for <your name> <Passport number>.

Good Luck.
Last edited by prasnna on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prasnna

Re: P 60 ?

Post by prasnna » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Kartiksha wrote:Dear Prasnna

Many Thanks for sharing all the info.

Did you submit all 5 years P60 ?

I am planning to submit my ILR by aug and by then I will be having only 2 P60. Is that enough ?

Many Thanks in Advance
Hi Kartiksha,

To be honest, staff asked me to submit only 3 salary slips, since I had all P60 with me I submitted with the bunch of salary slips. In some cases (with my friends) they did ask for last years P60. Since you have lot of time in hand you can ask your employer to produce duplicate P60's, as I understand this is not difficult to reproduce.

Regards.

prasnna

Re: how you made ur booking

Post by prasnna » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:29 pm

blue.olive wrote:How did you made you booking online or on phone

I just made the booking for Prem-services online
when i log in , UKBA online system confirm my appointment
but when i called UKBA to confirm my booking,
i was told that they cant see my appointment on the system and she further said i donot how this online system works
Bit confuse ,

Kindly advise

Olive
I did mine online. You should be able to download the appointment letter which is sent to you via e-mail and print it. It clearly tells you the details of the appointment.

In theory, you should be able to meet them with just the reference number in hand esp. if you are going for individual appointment then you can just take the appointment ref number which you would have got by now. You will also receive confirmation text messages couple of days before the appointment.

However, it is advisable to print the appointment letter, as this the first document they ask for when you arrive at the counter.

If I were you (and going for family appointment) and not able to download the appointment letter, I would confirm the appointment and number of people in that appointment before leaving for the big day.
Last edited by prasnna on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bpandrate

Post by bpandrate » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Hello Prasanna,

Would you pls tell me about on-line booking,as i booked mine today SET(0),do i have to book separately for my dependent as well or is that enough? as we both have different Ids i am bit worried now .Can you pls clarify this?
Thanks

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:16 pm

bpandrate wrote:Hello Prasanna,

Would you pls tell me about on-line booking,as i booked mine today SET(0),do i have to book separately for my dependent as well or is that enough? as we both have different Ids i am bit worried now .Can you pls clarify this?
Thanks
There are two types of bookings individual and family, If you are applying for yourself + dependent(s) then it should be of type - family, otherwise you will end up paying the fees twice (applying separately with separate appointment for your dependent) or cancel the appointment on that day.

They are very specific about the number of people who booked and number of people in the application form. (however, you can go on your own for the family appointment, no need to take all dependents with you).

They usually schedule 2 family appointment per day as each application takes roughly 1.5 hours+. People usually book individual appointment (just to get the appointment or by mistake - joy of seeing the availability after days/weeks search) and include the dependent(s) with them which throws PEO staffs schedule out of place, which is something they do not want to do as they have many individual appointment to deal with on the same day.

You would receive a confirmation mail within 48 hours of booking, and after that you should be able to print a nicely formatted appointment letter and check the appointment type, number of people and other details.

As per rules, you should book family type appointment, even if you have 1 dependent in the application or pay for separate application with a separate booking.

If you remember selecting the 'family' type when you booked yours then you should be okay otherwise they will entertain as individual booking and take only your application and your wife's dependent (if on WP) status might becomes invalid (as you will be treated as ILR type) and she had to apply as set(M).

If I were you, I would wait for the confirmation e-mail, check the details in the appointment letter which you can do by logging to the booking system. If still in doubt then call the enquiry number and confirm the appointment details (usually takes 10+ minutes, but its worth).

Last thing you want to do in this process is book the wrong appointment and asked by the PEO to make a decision on that day.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by prasnna on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:44 pm

congrats on getting ILR!
I tell it like it is.

dreamer12
Newly Registered

Post by dreamer12 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Congrats on your ILR, I'd appreciate if you or someone else can answer a few of my questions.

1. I have been working for the same company for past 5 years but before my work permit extension company name was changed. My company director contacted home office case worker directly and it was all sorted out and they issued me an extension. Do I sill have to mention the old company name on the letter from employer?

2. I only have 1 p60 2008-2009. Are they required for ILR? I was under the impression that only last 6-12 months payslips are required.

3. Are the work permit and extension letters required since my employer has kept them.

Thanks

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:52 pm

dreamer12 wrote:Congrats on your ILR, I'd appreciate if you or someone else can answer a few of my questions.

1. I have been working for the same company for past 5 years but before my work permit extension company name was changed. My company director contacted home office case worker directly and it was all sorted out and they issued me an extension. Do I sill have to mention the old company name on the letter from employer?

2. I only have 1 p60 2008-2009. Are they required for ILR? I was under the impression that only last 6-12 months payslips are required.

3. Are the work permit and extension letters required since my employer has kept them.

Thanks
1. If your visa stamp/WP/WP-Ext/employer's letter shows different names then you should ask the person who is giving you the employer's letter to include just few words, something like...previously registered as XYZ Ltd at the end of the letter. My friend literally got his ILR refused, luckily the employers letter head had a small print in the footer about the previous name, and they reconsidered his application. If I were you, I would ask my employers to do that, as it costs nothing.

2. Case worker didn't ask me to provide them either, since I was carrying them with me I submitted with me application. If you are with same employer for the last 5 years then you probably won't need them either, as you have continuous employment record, they are particular interested if you've changed the employers (just to make sure you were not sitting at home for more than allowed period). Just for your info, P60s can be reproduced on request. Mention in your employer's letter something like .. he is working with us for the last 5 years... in the first para itself.

3. In my case too, originals of my WP and Ext letter were with my employer and I asked them to release them a week prior to my appointment, and collected them a day before my appointment. When I came back I returned them docs. Its mentioned in the application form, they require to see your original travel documents.

...at the end of the day, it all depends on the case worker and how well you present your docs, they might not ask you originals of WP /p60 and you might notice them asking the originals of all the docs from the person sitting next to you.

Hope this helps.

ilrseeker
Newly Registered

Post by ilrseeker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi Guys,
Can anybody please confirm the below doubt?

I am applying ILR in set (O) as I came here on WP, changed to HSMP and now on Tier1 general .

From last 1.5 years I have been working as a contractor on a ltd company. Recently my contract has ended and I am now looking for work,

Alo I am due to appear to one of peo offices next week for my ILR app,

My question - does anyone know if I need to show a letter from my employer that I am in employment currently ?
If yes how do I show a letter as I am between contracts and havent got a contract at present?

As I am the director of my ltd co, will my own letter suffice or a letter from my accountant showing my yearly income do the trick?

Greatly appreciate views and if anybody is in similar situation and can answer please.

Thanks

kububeach
Newly Registered

Post by kububeach » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:36 pm

OFCHARITY wrote:Are you sure? as far as I am aware you do not need an employer letter for your tier1 employment. If you are currently on a work permit then yes you must have an employer's letter.
Yes, no employer letter is necessary for Tier1. It's only for WP holder. It is stated in the form