ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 4/3 supporting evidence - your experience wanted

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

juso73

EEA 4/3 supporting evidence - your experience wanted

Post by juso73 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:12 pm

I thought I better post this in a separate post as it might be of interest for others too:

I am putting together the supporting evidence for our EEA3 and 4 applications for PR and found that I am unsure whether what I have is enough. I am the EEA national.

While I have all supporting evidence for the last three years of employment (P 60s and most payslips) when I have been employed by a government agency I miss quite a few things for the employment I held before (hotel - 2 years).

I only have a copy of my first P60 (not original) but am missing the second P60 and the final P45 (I think I have done a tax return and the P45 doesn't seem to be with my current employer - instead they have a P46 for me). I also don't have all my payslips anymore (I have payslips for Dec 04 - June 05 as well as April 06 - Sep 06 and Dec 06, but am missing July 05 - March 06 and Oct/Nov 06, Jan 07).

What I can get for sure is a letter from my former manager at the hotel to confirm that I was in continuous employment with them for the whole time and the former accountant might also be able to confirm this (in case he can't send me copies of the payslips I am missing, which I asked for).

Do you therefore think this would be enough in terms of supporting evidence:

- Letter of current employer confirming employmet for last three years plus last three P60s and some payslips.

- Letter from former employer and possibly accountant confirming continuous employment for 2 years, plus a number of payslips and copy of first P60 - plus a note explaining that others have gotten lost over the years?

Guidance on the internet is a bit vague so it would be great to have people's input.

I could also send them a mortgage statement etc if peope think that would help to prove we are really 'settled'!!

Many thanks!!

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi
You should send all the required documents needed in the respective EEA4 and EEA3 forms. In addition please see these guidance notes http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... /guide-eea for additional documents like bills,tenancy agreement,bank statements . Bascally they will need your proof of treaty rights for 5 years (5 years P60s, tax retruns, payslips etc whatever is relevant) and proof of residence of family members of sponsor .
also can see this topic http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... light=eea4

Regards.

juso73

Post by juso73 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Many thanks, the document was helpful!! Fingers crossed what i have got is enough!

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Don't forget to send evidence for both parts (The EU and the non-EU applying for the PR)
The Home Office took 17 months to write to me asking for proof I was living here for 5 years (I am the non-EU partner) and that was never listed on their documents, they only asked for this kind of document to be sent for the EU national part.

The more you send the better basically.

Good luck! :wink:

juso73

Post by juso73 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Hmm, you are right this is not mentioned and I wouldn't have sent this sort of proof for my husband (apart from marriage certificate).

What do they want? Shared bank statements, bills, mortgage statement etc? He has worked as well but not continuously for the whole 5 years and has had a lot of different employers as well as a stint as self employed - hould we add all of that? Would be a lot of work of getting it all togther and also a lot for them to look at... Strange, as this is really not mentioned anywhere??

What is the experience of others?

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:39 am

Well, as far as I gather, he only needs to prove he has been living here for 5 years, so any utility bill (council tax, bank statements, etc) would count. He doesn't need to prove he has been working because on EEA4 situations you would be his sponsor as the EU-National in the family.

But together with utility bills, I've also sent payslips, HMRC letters and anything I could find with my name and address on it that would look slightly official so that there were no more excuses to delay my case. It was very poor of them to ask something that is not on the checklist but because they have the power to decide, there is nothing I could do to deny sending it over really...

I thought they would be clever enough to check my passport and see the times I left the country and came back (I always got a stamp in my passport when coming back) which would show my 5 continuous years living here, but clearly that is not the case.

juso73

Post by juso73 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:32 am

Thanks, Lilly, that's really helpful. I will add lots of official stuff which proves he has been here continuously, no problem. Can't believe though they let you wait for such a long time - scary!! He wouldn''t really be able to be without his passprt for such a long time... I wish you the best of luck that you finally receive your stuff back! Keep on complaining though, my experience is that this is the only thing that works in the UK - and always by letter!

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:28 am

Yeap, I am trying everything I can, I've sent emails for now, but if I don't get an answer in until next Friday I will start sending the registered letters until I get some feedback :)

Oh and if your husband need to travel, he can ask his passport back and wait until a caseworker review his case, but be advised this could mean have to wait another X amount of time for them to bother looking at your case once you return your passport (I sent mine back in October as they requested me to do so, and still didn't hear back !! )