ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MaheshTripathi
Newly Registered

WP to Tier 1 General

Post by MaheshTripathi » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:09 pm

My Application Details:
Work Permit to Tier 1 General
Total Points Claimed: 105
Date Application Sent: 5/11/2009
Money Deducted: 10/11/2009
Reference Letter Received: 12/11/2009 dated 11/11/2009
Payslips: Last 12 Months of my India Salary, Last 5 Months of UK Salary stamped by respective offices
Have lived in India, Switzerland and UK in the past 2 Years

Has anyone have had this kind of background wherein they have lived in more than one country in the last two years and have given payslips for India as well as UK or is aware of someone in the same situation? Please share the experiences. My WP expiry date is 03 Jan 2010 and I am starting to get a bit worried with the impending Holiday season approaching.

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Re: WP to Tier 1 General

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:35 am

MaheshTripathi wrote:My Application Details:
Work Permit to Tier 1 General
Total Points Claimed: 105
Date Application Sent: 5/11/2009
Money Deducted: 10/11/2009
Reference Letter Received: 12/11/2009 dated 11/11/2009
Payslips: Last 12 Months of my India Salary, Last 5 Months of UK Salary stamped by respective offices
Have lived in India, Switzerland and UK in the past 2 Years

Has anyone have had this kind of background wherein they have lived in more than one country in the last two years and have given payslips for India as well as UK or is aware of someone in the same situation? Please share the experiences. My WP expiry date is 03 Jan 2010 and I am starting to get a bit worried with the impending Holiday season approaching.
I had the similar background, same countries, and payslip pandemonium when I applied initially. Didn't have much problem, it just took a long cover letter. I suppose you did the same, explained everything in the cover letter. Besides, by now, these case workers know how this onsite-offshore salary processing works. I'm sure it’s taking more time because the cw has to go over the various earning factors, and in the end it will be fine.
Third World Traveller

hiraviku
Newly Registered

Post by hiraviku » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:48 pm

HSMP to Tier1 (General)
Application Sent: Nov 9, 2009
Application Delivered at HO: Nov 10, 2009
Fee deducted (credit card): Nov 12, 2009
Reference No received: Around Nov 16, 2009

Awaiting passports...

chennaibabu

Re: Hi, Can you all help please

Post by chennaibabu » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:53 pm

deveshm wrote:Hi,

My case has been a sorry tale. I had applied for HSMP visa for self and dependent visa for my wife and kid within UK. I am a Chartered Accountant from India and had a work experience of 6 years 11 months at the time of making application. In UK, my work experience has been of total 20 months at the date of application. My previous visa was work permit sponsored by my employer. I had applied on June 1, 2009 and since then it's been a long ordeal of wait. Between money was debited from my a/c in last week of June. Further my kid's recent photo was asked for in first week of July. My OISC consultant assured me that it means that my application is successful and the reason that they have asked for recent photo of my son is to scan and put it in visa. That was 10th July and since then it's been an endless wait to get back passports. I have consistently tried to approach my consultant as well as home office for update and they have stuck to 1 line "THE APPLICANT IS BEING SELECTED FOR EXTENDED CHECKS". Between i moved house and every utility/medical service required passport for identification as i do not have a UK driving license. When i literally begged Home office for mercy, they issued a letter to concerned authorities that my passport is held by Home office for visa purposes. While this atleast confirmed that my passport is not lost, I am clueless as to when is this ordeal going to end and what do I need to do. Please help with your or some known person's experience. :cry:
Hi Devesh, sorry to hear that you have to go through this ordeal. i have seen few cases in Trackit where it has taken long time. Keep the hopes on. All the best and wish you good luck with a early dispatch of stamping and passport.

10swagga
Newly Registered

Post by 10swagga » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:36 pm

i am on a dependant visa, my wife has a work permit and we are due to apply for ILR but my passport expired end of August. Do i need to apply for a new passport first or can use my expired one ?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:51 am

10swagga wrote:i am on a dependant visa, my wife has a work permit and we are due to apply for ILR but my passport expired end of August. Do i need to apply for a new passport first or can use my expired one ?
Get your new passport from the embassy.. its just 3-4days job... valid passport is very imp

vijigerm1
Newly Registered

Post by vijigerm1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:31 am

Hi
I have sent fax yesterday and recieved a call today about arranging courier to collect my documents. Could you please tell me which courier is best and how to organise?

Thanks a lot
Viji

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:24 am

vijigerm1 wrote:Hi
I have sent fax yesterday and recieved a call today about arranging courier to collect my documents. Could you please tell me which courier is best and how to organise?

Thanks a lot
Viji
If you are not worried abt the costs.. couriers like DHL, UPS are good.. but expensive.. you can google and ring them to get price..

srsatya

Post by srsatya » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:41 am

Thanks a lot
Viji
Hi Viji,

Even I want to arrange the courior, kindly give me the templet to arrange the fax and the fax number please.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:45 am

srsatya wrote:

Thanks a lot
Viji
Hi Viji,

Even I want to arrange the courior, kindly give me the templet to arrange the fax and the fax number please.
How we return your documentsIf you are in the United Kingdom, your documents will be returned to you by post to the address you provide on your application. If a representative makes an application on your behalf your documents will be returned to him/her. Your documents will be returned using recorded delivery. If you want your documents to be returned by special delivery, you should provide a prepaid special delivery envelope. You can also arrange for your documents to be collected by courier at your own cost. If you would like to arrange a courier, put a courier request in writing by fax to 0114 207 5862.
If you are outside the United Kingdom, your documents will be returned in the same way you sent them to us. For example, if you took them to a visa application centre, the visa application centre will return them to you.

For template pls wait for someone to chip in..

srsatya

Post by srsatya » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:58 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
srsatya wrote:

Thanks a lot
Viji
Hi Viji,

How we return your documentsIf you are in the United Kingdom, your documents will be returned to you by post to the address you provide on your application. If a representative makes an application on your behalf your documents will be returned to him/her. Your documents will be returned using recorded delivery. If you want your documents to be returned by special delivery, you should provide a prepaid special delivery envelope. You can also arrange for your documents to be collected by courier at your own cost. If you would like to arrange a courier, put a courier request in writing by fax to 0114 207 5862.
If you are outside the United Kingdom, your documents will be returned in the same way you sent them to us. For example, if you took them to a visa application centre, the visa application centre will return them to you.

For template pls wait for someone to chip in..
Thanks a lot Ramesh.

vijigerm1
Newly Registered

Post by vijigerm1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have arranged 3d courier service to pickup the documents. It is from Sheffield office only.

viji

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Good to hear that you have sorted it out.

Can you also please provide the courier company contact details, cost, etc for everyone's benefit?

Thanks for the reply. I have arranged 3d courier service to pickup the documents. It is from Sheffield office only.

viji

vijigerm1
Newly Registered

Post by vijigerm1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:50 pm

http://www.3dcourier.com/

This is based in Sheffield.

qwertry333
Newly Registered

how does HO inform about decision when they make it?

Post by qwertry333 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:53 pm

Hello, guys.

I see that some people who have applied later than me have already received their passports back, while I have received only a call today from the HO asking for new photos of me. Thus I am a bit worried.

Could you tell me if HO informed you when they have made the decision (by phone or e-mail), or they just send the passport back and you wait for a surprise at the doorstep?

Best

vijigerm1
Newly Registered

Post by vijigerm1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Visa expiry date: 12 Nov 2009
Application sent via Royal mail special delivery: 5th Oct 2009
Fee deducted :06th October 2009
Reference number received: 8th Oct 2009
Visa stamped: 7th Dec 2009
Stamped docs received: 9th Dec 2009 (Arranged Courier to pick up)

My visa was stamped on the same date that i have faxed about courier request.

Thanks a lot for the members for your kind support. This forum was very useful for me.

Viji

Tier1_General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1_General » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:44 am

Hi Guys,

I'm Switching from Work Permit to Tier1 General...

Below is my case.....

I came to UK in 2006 from one indian Company on Deputation..... Was with the company till 2008, than i have transfer my WP to one of the UK employer.... So got WP approved till Sep - 2013 (For 5 years).

But now i'm switching from WP to Tier1....and Its a straight forward application,

Documents Submitted:

WP Copy
Employer Contract Letter
3 Passport (Including 2 Dependent)
12 months UK Payslip
Birth Certificate of Child
Marriage Certificate
Degree Certificate (Along with letter from NARIC)
Bank Statement (Showing Salary credited in last 12 months and Maintainence fund)

Date Application Sent: 10th Nov
Arrived HO: 11th Nov
Payment deducted: 12th Nov (Applied via Credit Card)
Application Ref received: 19th Nov.
Waiting for approval

Just wanna know if a person whoz applied during the period has received documents back from HO. Also, whats the current processing time...

Guys, i haven't received any news from HO. Does HO Takes time if there are more than 1 dependent?????

Many Thanks,

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:26 am

Tier1_General wrote:Hi Guys,

Below is my case.....

I came to UK in 2006 from one indian Company on Deputation..... Was with the company till 2008, than i have transfer my WP to one of the UK employer.... So got WP approved till Sep - 2013 (For 5 years).

But now i'm switching from WP to Tier1....and Its a straight forward application,

Documents Submitted:

WP Copy
Employer Contract Letter
12 months UK Payslip
Marriage Certificate
Bank Statement (Showing Salary credited in last 12 months and Maintainence fund)

Waiting for approval

Just wanna know if a person whoz applied during the period has received documents back from HO. Also, whats the current processing time...

Guys, i haven't received any news from HO. Does HO Takes time if there are more than 1 dependent?????

Many Thanks,
I can see from Trackitt that the avg time is about 30 days. So hopefully you will get it by next few days. The guy posted before you had to wait almost two months for it. So chill, you may soon get the good news.
Third World Traveller

srsatya

Got my VISA

Post by srsatya » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:28 am

Visa expiry date: 17 Dec 2009
Application sent via Royal mail special delivery: 12th Nov 2009
Fee deducted: 13th Nov 2009
Reference number received: 16th Nov 2009
Visa stamped: 7th Dec 2009
Valid till: 17th Dec 2012
Stamped docs received: 9th Dec 2009
Total processing time: 27 days

Although I did not sent self addressed envelop with my application, I received my documents by Royal mail recorded delivery within 1 and half days.

Thanks a lot for the members for your kind support. This forum was very useful for me.

Tier1_General
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1_General » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:34 pm

HSMP_maybe wrote:
Tier1_General wrote:Hi Guys,

Below is my case.....

Documents Submitted:

WP Copy
Employer Contract Letter
12 months UK Payslip
Marriage Certificate

Waiting for approval

Many Thanks,
I can see from Trackitt that the avg time is about 30 days. So hopefully you will get it by next few days. The guy posted before you had to wait almost two months for it. So chill, you may soon get the good news.

Thanks Bud.... Just counting seconds now..... Hope to get it soon.....

Ranjanx

Post by Ranjanx » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 pm

Just checked Trackitt, first case for "reference number received 23rd Nov" has been decided ! Thats the start of cases for my week :!: :!:

chennaibabu

Post by chennaibabu » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:12 pm

During the week commencing 14 December 2009 we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 20 November 2009.

thats the latest update from UKBA site.

Ranjanx

Post by Ranjanx » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:16 pm

chennaibabu wrote:During the week commencing 14 December 2009 we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 20 November 2009.

thats the latest update from UKBA site.
I checked that, but since people for "applications received 20th Nov" have already started receiving decisions made on 9th Dec, there is still hope for some of us to see a letter from HO waiting for us, today or tomorrow.

kranthi15

has any one sent application with postal order payment

Post by kranthi15 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:11 pm

hello all

i am holding hsmp visa and presently in uk..my visa gonna expire in dec end
submitted my application in nov end... but unfortunately it got rejected saying bank didnt allow to take application fee.

so m posting my application again tomorrow by postal order payment method to be safe this time... as no time if any thing goes wrong with bank again..

has any one did payment method by postal order?

pls reply me if i need to follow any specific rules.
Cheers

shiva321

Re: has any one sent application with postal order payment

Post by shiva321 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:19 pm

kranthi15 wrote:hello all

i am holding hsmp visa and presently in uk..my visa gonna expire in dec end
submitted my application in nov end... but unfortunately it got rejected saying bank didnt allow to take application fee.

so m posting my application again tomorrow by postal order payment method to be safe this time... as no time if any thing goes wrong with bank again..

has any one did payment method by postal order?

pls reply me if i need to follow any specific rules.
Write your Name and DOB back side of the postal order and Postal order number in the form.

Postal Order is the fastest way of clearing of the funds for the fee, but little expensive.

I have paid my fee via CC, i called the credit card call center and informed of the transaction a day before.

All the Best :)