ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCESS TO MY NHS MEDICAL RECORDS!

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rozen
Diamond Member

ACCESS TO MY NHS MEDICAL RECORDS!

Post by Rozen » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:42 am

Does anyone know the procedure for one to acquire access to their NHS Medical Records? I know that NHS patients are legally entitled to access their medical records, I just don't know where to start...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:44 am

Hi Rose hope you are alright.

This page gives you information on how to proceed in getting your records.

I hope this helps.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:00 am

Cheers Obie, mate! :)

amitc

Post by amitc » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi Rozen.

May be I am late for the reply. Did you already apply for your records? Please see how it works- You have to write/fax your request to the data protection team in your NHS trust. You can find leaflet regarding access to your records in your local NHS. Data Protection team will send you a form which you have to fill and return them back by post. They can take up to 40 days to send your records. You have legal right to sue the trust if they don’t send your health records within 40 days.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:41 pm

amitc wrote:Hi Rozen.

May be I am late for the reply. Did you already apply for your records? Please see how it works- You have to write/fax your request to the data protection team in your NHS trust. You can find leaflet regarding access to your records in your local NHS. Data Protection team will send you a form which you have to fill and return them back by post. They can take up to 40 days to send your records. You have legal right to sue the trust if they don’t send your health records within 40 days.
Never too late, Amitc! I'm still looking into it (from NL)! Thank you for your reply. :)

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:58 pm

I just ask the GP if I can look through them at an appointment if they have time to accomodate that. If it is just your GP records you want to see this may be worth a try. If you want a copy of everything you will probably have to fill in a form as Amitic said.

amitc

Post by amitc » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:35 pm

I used to work in Data Protection- NHS so I know how it works. Even if it is only GP records still they will take permission from consultant. Once consultant give permission then they can photocopy of the records and send via recorded delivery or can arrange time for you to view the records. As Paper pusher said it will take less time if you only want to view your records. You can contact your GP or Local Hospital for more details.