ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

MohammedKhan2009

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:47 am

batleykhan wrote:
Hi Mohammed,

I dont entirely agree that your refusal was only because of the phone cards. There must be some other reason behind the refusal. So once you get the refusal please let us know what the exact refusal was.
I agree with this. Untill such time we know the exact wording of the refusal,its difficult to comment.

I have sneaky feeling that Refusal notice will probally say that they have doubt whether this marriage is subsistence because the applicant has failed to provide proof of contact with each other since the marriage.

Whilst it can be argued that yes there was conatct (phone cards)but this is no proof.

My advice to those who have got married and then returned to UK to do a number of things:

1. Keep in contact with each other by phone(provide phone bills to prove it).

2. Use email if you have internet.

3. if you cant do 2 then write letters to each other saying how you miss each other, want to be together etc.

4.All men should send about £100 every couple of months to their wifes back in Pakistan so they can buy thins for themselves. WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT GIVE IT TO FRIENDS GOING TO PAK TO PASS IT ON TO WIFE. SEND IT VIA THESE MONEY TRANSFER AND GET RECIPT FOR IT

This is good proof that you love and care for your spouse and all this will help the application.

As whether the above should appeal or reapply, it will all depend on reason for refusal. If it is above then I would appeal evenb though it may take 6-8 months.

Lets wait and see what the wording of the refusal is ( please give exact wording rather than what you or your wife thinks)
Thanks for your replies, I will let you know exactly what they said, as soon as I get the paper.

Thanks again
Mohammed

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:48 am

A bit of background. I applied first week november so getting a reply 6 weeks later was quicker than I thought. I added everything thats required for application and I thought I had everything covered but today my wife got a refusal. Basically refusal was because they said my personal bank account doesnt show my work income coming in to the acoount. I gave the accountants letter and tax returns etc to show my income (which is in the 40% band) and my personal account and company account had good money in them too. I suppose they are right there is no eveidence of my income coming into my account but because im self employed I use drawings when ever I need money and its not always money into my account as cash is used as well. Are they really picking for small excuses just to get people to appeal and delay giving visas? or do I need to show income coming into my account even if I have a healthy personal and company account?

Anyways, for the experts like BatleyKhan, what shall I do now? The appeal papers ask for the evidence but how can I show that if I havent been drawing direct into my account? What shall I do? Appeal or start a fresh application? What would be the next best step?

Arent appeals a long process? how long do they take? Ive got till 6th jan to show documents for my case. Is there any way I can speak to someone who can over look the visa application without having to appeal or re submit?

Many thanks for your help

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Anelka
I know you are new to this forum, so I will forgive you for asking.

However it is vital and important that we get to know the exact wording of the refusal as per the refusal notice, as it makes a lot of difference as to what advise you will recieve.

The refusal wording is very important,so if you care to post it, we will see what you can do

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:52 pm

batleykhan wrote:Anelka
I know you are new to this forum, so I will forgive you for asking.

However it is vital and important that we get to know the exact wording of the refusal as per the refusal notice, as it makes a lot of difference as to what advise you will recieve.

The refusal wording is very important,so if you care to post it, we will see what you can do
Thanks for the reply. Here is what they had to say:

"You have produced as evidence of your sponsor's employment, a letter from his accountant's declaring that he had xx% net profit of £xxxx for the period ending xxxx. However, your sponsor has submitted nothing to verify this claim and I note bank statements produced purporting to substaniate your sponsors income, shows deposits which fail to reflect the amounts claimed as earnings"

Thoughts?

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Also, the next paragraph stated in brief,

I am not satisfied that your sponsor has sufficient funds as claimed, or hence that you will be able to maintain yourselves without recourse to public funds etc etc
also taken in to account human rights act. while I accept the decision constitutes limited interference with article 8, I am satisified that the decision is justified etc etc

!!

c4551m
Pakistan

Batleykhan & other experts

Post by c4551m » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:59 pm

hi there
looking for information regarding the student dependent visa as I am about to apply for my wife. Got much of information thru home office website and thru this forum, here are the list of documents which I have prepared

Financial Documents.

(Sponsor/Husband) Current Bank Statement.
(Support/Father in Law) Bank Statement.
Wife Bank Statement.(opened after marriage)
Bank Letters.
Wage Slips.

Accommodation Details.

Tenancy Agreement Form
Council survey Letter
Rent receipts
Council Tax Letter
Letter from Landlord
Utility Bill ( Telephone/Broadband)

Proof of Marriage.

Marriage Certificate in Urdu & English Translation
Wedding invitation cards
Wedding Pictures
Wedding Bills
Wedding CD

Relationship & Communication.

Letter from Me & my wife .
Calling cards , Mobile phone Bills & Landline Bills.
Greeting cards exchanged between us.
Gifts receipts.

Sponsor letters

Letter from Me (Husband).
Letter from (Father in Law).
Affidavit of support from (Father in Law).

Student status.

Unconditional Acceptance Letter
Attendance Letter
Student dependents Sponsor letter

Other supporting documents.

Certificate of Service
My(Sponsor) CV
Electoral letter.
Birth Certificate

what else can I add in it , keeping in mind I am an international student with 2 years visa, I did a big mistake by applying a vist visa for my wife which got refused, (lack of knowledge)it was 4 months back,will this affect the application this time, as I tried my best to get as much information I can, and if you guys can help in this process.
Thnks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:23 pm

The above documents should suffice for the application.

You will need to declare the earlier visit visa application and state why you did it, so they are fully aware of the circumstances.

Other than above your application will be trated like a standard settlement visa application. the length is approx 3 months,

Hope this help

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:47 pm

Thnks for your reply .
Do I have to write in seprate letter of support or shall I mention it in the Visa Application form,Is it the VAF 3B Form
thnks

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:42 am

batleykhan wrote:The above documents should suffice for the application.

You will need to declare the earlier visit visa application and state why you did it, so they are fully aware of the circumstances.

Other than above your application will be trated like a standard settlement visa application. the length is approx 3 months,

Hope this help
Any thoughts on my refusal?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 am

Thnks for your reply .
Do I have to write in seprate letter of support or shall I mention it in the Visa Application form,Is it the VAF 3B Form
thnks
Yes its the form VAF3B.

Write the reasons on a blank A4 SHEET OF PAPER and attach it with the application, so they know the exact reasons.

Good luck

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:20 am

Any thoughts on my refusal?
I am waiting for my son ( who is by the way an accountant) to seek his advice on your financial problem/soloution. He wont be back till Monday.

I am sure there is someone here who is an accountant, but cant remember his name

Is it not possible to transfer money into a personal bank accounts from your business account?

Did you provide evidence of your business bank statements with your application?.

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:07 am

batleykhan wrote:
Thnks for your reply .
thnks
Yes its the form VAF3B.

Write the reasons on a blank A4 SHEET OF PAPER and attach it with the application, so they know the exact reasons.

Good luck

Thanks again batleykhan.
I have got the true translation of my nikahnama from pakistan and attested by the foreign office in pakistan,just for a safe side shall I get it translated here in the UK and certify it .

Is the british high commission still in AbuDhabi or have they started in Isb again.

If the sponsor and the applicant intend to live in an accommodation with multiple occupants, the information shown for renters should be provided. Additionally, the applicant and sponsor should show that they will have exclusive access to a bedroom which is not used by anyone else.Will the council survey letter be enough.

VASEY

Post by VASEY » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:11 am

Hi guys,

They are speeding things up for sure, Anelka what date did you apply and from which Application centre.

In relation to your case, i would wait and see what an Accountant reccommends. I would however say that an appeal maybe better, it may not take so much time as they are moving faster.

Also if you provide an explanation as to how and why there are differences, the decision could be overturned by Entry Clearance Manager who reviews all Appeals.

In relation to BHC making petty refusals, that is correct they look for any excuse as Batleykhan has persisted in reminding us.

My wife has applied in 2nd week of November but we haven't heard anything yet.

Inshallah it will be ok.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks again batleykhan.

I have got the true translation of my nikahnama from pakistan and attested by the foreign office in pakistan,just for a safe side shall I get it translated here in the UK and certify it .

No the one that you have got should be enough

Is the british high commission still in AbuDhabi or have they started in Isb again.

All settlement applications are dealt with at Abu Dhabi and London

If the sponsor and the applicant intend to live in an accommodation with multiple occupants, the information shown for renters should be provided. Additionally, the applicant and sponsor should show that they will have exclusive access to a bedroom which is not used by anyone else.Will the council survey letter be enough.

If you rent a house or rent a house and share it with someone, then the tennancy agreement should be enough.

If you intend to live and share with family/relatives then you need an accomadation report to say that it is not overcrowded. Council and estate agents will do it for you

Hope that answers your questions. You've now got your moneys worth of advice from me, let me now help someone else :D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:24 am

They are speeding things up for sure, Anelka what date did you apply and from which Application centre.
Vasey

Anelkas application is different type of settlement application than most on here. Thats why it was dealt with slightly quicker.

Spouse app still takes around 2-3 months, so you still have got some wait :lol:

b92753

Post by b92753 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi Batley Khan,

Alot of people seem to be saying that there are some proposed changes in law for settlement visas next year. I couldnt find anything- you couldnt shed some light on this please ?

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:43 pm

Yes they are.

You both have to be over 35.
Have a 4 bedroom detached house
Must earn £50,00 per year
Have over £45000 in bank for at least 12 monthse
You havto be born in this country..

Only Joking........There are no changes to settlementbut they will be if you want your spouse to become British

b92753

Post by b92753 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:03 pm

[quote="batleykhan"]Yes they are.

You both have to be over 35.
Have a 4 bedroom detached house
Must earn £50,00 per year
Have over £45000 in bank for at least 12 monthse
You havto be born in this country..

Hi thanks for the Prompt response Batley Khan. Well similar changes would come in to action if the conservative government comes in to power hehe. So everyone Please Vote and make sure its for labour.

b92753

Post by b92753 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Batley Khan

I also have another qustion. My Visa got refused a while back ago for my wife. My wife got the nikah namah translated to english and the incopetent man in pakistan made mistake with my date of birth. So if i translate the nikah nama my self on the computer and get it attested by a solicitor who is able to read urdu and confirm that the english copy is a true copy of the original but translated in english. Would that be accepted ?

Hope to hear from you soon

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:21 am

batleykhan wrote:
Vasey

Anelkas application is different type of settlement application than most on here. Thats why it was dealt with slightly quicker.

Spouse app still takes around 2-3 months, so you still have got some wait :lol:
Was my application different because I applied straight after my wedding? If applying again, do you think the response would be as quick?

Thanks for the help and I will wait to see what you son has to say (as well as taking some advice from other people I know)

Yes I gave bank statements of two companies that I am a shared owner of.

My personal bank statement had around £6k which I thought that might have been enough? If and when we need money we use the company account as its a family business and there is more (alot more) in that account than the personal account.

Also, I showed my income was £xxxx but because im a partner in the business they thought I had xx% of my income which was totally wrong and made it look like im not earning that much lol.

Not really looking to appeal because I dont want to be waiting 6 months lol.

Thanks again for your help and look forward to your reply hopefully monday.

zoomaj
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zoomaj » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi Anelka! trust me u wont be waiting 6 months! im on my 12th month with no end in sight! iv recently won my appeal! its just a nightmare!

setm
BANNED

Post by setm » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:05 am

Sammie wrote:Salaams all..

Just wondered if anyone is about who applied for a Spousal Visa in early 2008? I applied in March and I am due to apply for ILR in a few months and just womdered if any of the old timers were on here who could share their ILR app experience with me?

Hoe everyone in the process of applying gets a speedy and positive response, inshAllah..

G'luck all..!!

Sammie

Salam Sister,

I got spouse visa in march 2008 now I'm planning for ILR SET M in Feb 2010 ( 28 days before expiry ). I am planning for premium services rather than normal service ( by post )because normal service takes up to 6 months. I'm preparing following docs plz double check your side if any of these missing.

1. Life is uk test (I passed couple of months ago). I guess your husband must pass this b4 ILR application.

2. 6 month bank statements (must be joint account) + 6 months payslips
3. Letter from Employer confirming employement.
4. Tenent Rental Agreement ( should be joint name on contract)
5. 6 letters from last two years (joint name or single name on same address) it should be bt bill, gas, electricity bill, tv, dvla, hmrc, inland revenue, gp, bank statements (joint name or single), credit card statements, or any other junk mail like gym membership or home insurance etc.

R u applying in person or by post?

InshAllah hope for the best.

Kind Regards,

Moh Caan

gulyana786
BANNED

Post by gulyana786 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:16 am

Salam ALL,

I'm about to apply ILR SET M in person. Is there anyone who got ILR SET M recently ( in person or by post ) and would like to share his or her experience with us.

I'll really appreciate your reply and thanks for your time.

InshAllah ALL THE BEST.

GUL

Post by 2036789 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:45 am

hi ppl long time since i have posted on this site, and just to update ppl im still waiting for a decision on my wifes application which was submitted on june 4th (6.5 month since my wife submitted it in islamabad), when the backlog started. Ive seen ppl come after me on this forum and go why? we are still waiting is beyond comprehension. I only know of one other person who has been waiting longer than us. I remember joking at this rate we will be waiting till the end of the year

my MP has called uk visa on several occasions they keep telling her they are doing further enquiries. do they need this long!?? what is this some kind of FBI investigation??!

Im just hoping its not too far on the horizon now, ive had so many dreams in these 6.5 month that im flying out to get my wife. Inshallah I hope that becomes a reality soon and for anyone else waitin.
MM

zoomaj
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zoomaj » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Salams brother i got married June 2008, i think il be going in Feb 2010 to see her as well, as this appeal stuff is just a nightmare even after winning its still a wait!