ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP + EEA Spouse + child on the way, which ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LA_Mike

HSMP + EEA Spouse + child on the way, which ILR?

Post by LA_Mike » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:53 pm

Thanks to this forum, I was able to immigrate to the UK in June 2004 under the old 1 + 3 system

Timeline
June 2004: 1 Year HSMP, entered UK and started cohabiting with my then girlfriend, now wife, an Irish citizen living in England since 2000
June 2005: 3 year FLR extension to HSMP
July 2007: Married
May 2008: Got a 2 year EEA spouse FLR in May 2008 (as the rules had changed to requiring 5 years residency for ILR and I didn't want to reapply under the points system)

My FLR expires in May 2010 and I would like to apply for ILR. As I understand it, I would need to do this in April with a SET (M) (no sooner than 28 days before expiry, but no later than the expiry).

We also have a baby due on March 2, who will qualify for an Irish and American passport.

So a few questions:

* Would I qualify for ILR any earlier than April based on other factors (>5 years residence, >5 years cohabiting, > 2 years married)
* Do I need to apply for my dependent child even though he/she will be a EEA citizen?
* The SET (M) form asks whether I or my wife am receiving child tax credit or child benefit. I don't think we would qualify for child tax credit, but as far as I can tell it should be ok for her to apply for child benefit as an EEA citizen (but not me as I still have "no recourse to public funds"). Is that true?

Thanks!