ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application - Bank statements & Absences from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tsumeisienna
Newly Registered

ILR application - Bank statements & Absences from UK

Post by tsumeisienna » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I am applying for ILR next week (5 years work permit - from Oct 2003), nearly got all the information together with just a couple of questions below. Hope someone has information that can help!

1) I have 12 months worth of bank statements with the bank letterhead etc. However, it does say that the bank statement that it is a duplicate. Do I need to get my bank statements validated by my bank?

2) With regards to absences out of UK for the past 5 years, is it the time period from 1st jan 2005 to 31 dec 2009 or was it 5 years to the date of your application? Does anyone know which are the correct dates?
If it is 5 years to the date of my application, I am out of the country for 183 days but all of which are either business trips or annual paid leave. None of them are more than 90 days each. Will this invalidate my application?

Thanks in advance.

blue.olive

Re: ILD application - Bank statements & Absences from UK

Post by blue.olive » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:53 am

If your traveling was work related , get letter from your employer and hopefully that will be fine.
Be specific with dates in letter and match it with ur passport stamps
good luck
regards
olive
tsumeisienna wrote:Hi everyone,

I am applying for ILR next week (5 years work permit - from Oct 2003), nearly got all the information together with just a couple of questions below. Hope someone has information that can help!

1) I have 12 months worth of bank statements with the bank letterhead etc. However, it does say that the bank statement that it is a duplicate. Do I need to get my bank statements validated by my bank?

2) With regards to absences out of UK for the past 5 years, is it the time period from 1st jan 2005 to 31 dec 2009 or was it 5 years to the date of your application? Does anyone know which are the correct dates?
If it is 5 years to the date of my application, I am out of the country for 183 days but all of which are either business trips or annual paid leave. None of them are more than 90 days each. Will this invalidate my application?

Thanks in advance.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:26 am

As blue.olive said, if it was business then get letter from employer. Paid leave is holiday so that counts as days out of the country if you did indeed take your paid leave outside of the UK.

tsumeisienna
Newly Registered

Post by tsumeisienna » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:10 am

Thanks for your replies! Much appreciated. My application is on 19th Dec, which brings my absences out of UK to 180 days! 9 of which are business trips. Going to get employer to specify this in a letter. So fingers crossed!
Last edited by tsumeisienna on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnnyng
Newly Registered

Post by johnnyng » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:12 am

good luck with that mate, let us know the result.

cheers,

johnnyng
Newly Registered

Re: ILR application - Bank statements & Absences from UK

Post by johnnyng » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:02 am

tsumeisienna wrote:If it is 5 years to the date of my application, I am out of the country for 183 days but all of which are either business trips or annual paid leave. None of them are more than 90 days each. Will this invalidate my application?
as you know i also have questions wrt. my absences as well. did you exclude days of travel (i.e. the day you left UK and day you arrived in UK) in your calculation?

cheers,

tsumeisienna
Newly Registered

Post by tsumeisienna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:59 pm

Went to the PEO in Croydon today for my ILR application. All went well. Got my ILR stamp in my passport after 2.5 hours!

No problems with me being out of the country for more than 180 days during the last 5 years. I did get a letter from my employer stating that the nine days were work related. They did do a very thorough check of the days I was out of the UK.

My advice to those with more than 180 days out of the UK in the last 5 years is not to put the number of days. Just put the day in, day out and reason for absence. The caseworker can do their own calculation. But put in all the days as they did check the dates I gave to stamps in my passport and their system. If more than 190 days, perhaps speak to a solicitor.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:55 am

Hi all,
Congrats for your ILR.
The guidance regarding absences does say that holidays and business trips are allowed, it also says its at the discretion of the case worker.

Many people here have posted that absences above 200 days and got ILR.

I become eligible for ILR after 4 months. I have all holidays, out of UK which are already 180 days, as I get 6 wks annual leave each year.
I have two more booked for about 20 days, should I not go ahead to jeopardise getting rejected just on this basis, even though I have maintained legal and continuous 5 yr resisdence with employment and income.
Thanks

johnnyng
Newly Registered

Post by johnnyng » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi,

Congratulation on obtaining ILR. When you count the days you were absent, did you count the day in and day out as well?

Thanks,
tsumeisienna wrote:Went to the PEO in Croydon today for my ILR application. All went well. Got my ILR stamp in my passport after 2.5 hours!

No problems with me being out of the country for more than 180 days during the last 5 years. I did get a letter from my employer stating that the nine days were work related. They did do a very thorough check of the days I was out of the UK.

My advice to those with more than 180 days out of the UK in the last 5 years is not to put the number of days. Just put the day in, day out and reason for absence. The caseworker can do their own calculation. But put in all the days as they did check the dates I gave to stamps in my passport and their system. If more than 190 days, perhaps speak to a solicitor.

savita
Newly Registered

Bank statements

Post by savita » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi,

Can you please let me know if the word 'Duplicate' on bank statemetns caused any problems? As Ihave got the HSBC bank statemetns posted to me which says Duplicate word as well though its on original letter head..do i need to get them signed? or are they ok to submit?

Many Thanks
Savita

geriatrix

Re: Bank statements

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:03 pm

savita wrote:Hi,

Can you please let me know if the word 'Duplicate' on bank statemetns caused any problems? As Ihave got the HSBC bank statemetns posted to me which says Duplicate word as well though its on original letter head..do i need to get them signed? or are they ok to submit?

Many Thanks
Savita
Okay, if these bank statements are same as the regular ones that received from the bank through post.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!