ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1- Rental Income Documentation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

goodwind
Newly Registered

Tier 1- Rental Income Documentation

Post by goodwind » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:08 am

Hi there,

I am wanting to apply for my Tier 1 Highly Skilled visa and would like to include my rental income as part of my earnings to get enough points. The policy guidance hasn't given much indication of how they will require proof of that income. Does anyone know how one establishes their rental income as a business and what documents they have to give to UK Border to verify that?

Another issue I have is I have done some self employment work throughout the year where I was paid in cash but I have invoices and receipts a form of documentation. Is there any way of being able to claim these earnings? I rang the help line in the Tax Office and they have told me I can't file my self employment earnings until April 2010 thus I can't get documentation from HMRV as a form of evidence. Furthermore, I need to apply for the Tier 1 visa early next year as I will be turning another year older in February and unfortunately will lose even more points if I wait until April to apply.

Any help is appreciated!!! Thank you.

V

durak
Newly Registered

Post by durak » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:51 am

Rental income can't be counted.

Neither can income from shares or other investments. Only work you're directly involved in.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... s/#header4

Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:

* expenses (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that reimburse you for money you have previously spent;
* dividends from investments, unless it is a company in which you are active in the day-to-day management, or unless you receive the dividend as part or all of your remuneration package;
* income from property rental, unless this forms part of your business;