ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

There are too many forums in here - I am a bit confused.

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tvt

There are too many forums in here - I am a bit confused.

Post by tvt » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:39 pm

Also my posting name somehow reverted to my login name.

Apart from that - an excellent job!
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

Dip

Post by Dip » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:54 pm

..A bit confusing with so many links on the home page. I hope the moderators are listening to the views.

Cheers..

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:09 pm

If you have reasonable sugesstions, then please let us know. Tomorrow I will send e-mail to moderators and maybe we will make some changes.

But note that in UK section will be more than one forum (because UK section is most popular and we have too much topics in this section).
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice

mercury
Newly Registered

The new forum is appropriate

Post by mercury » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:32 pm

The previous UK forum bacame clutered with HSMP posts and sometimes other posts moved to the bottom without being answered. I like the separate forum for HSMP.

Dip

Post by Dip » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:40 pm

Admin,

I think over a period of time, as people get used to it there shouldn't be a problem......but since you asked here is my suggestion.

Compared with the previous home page, which only had 5 links to the various country immigration forums, this one has many.

Probably you could just have main links on the home page like

US
US
Europe
Canada
Australia & NZ

Once the surfer clicks on any of the links, it then opens up the country specific home page, with all the sub-sections. For instance in UK it would be HSMP or short term etc etc.

I am very impressed with the look and feel plus the dynamic stats on the activities.

I noticed that the number of posts have suddenly reduced for some posters including myself. Kaya was close to 1000 and I was to compliment him but notice it says aruond 700 now. Mine was upwards of 350 but says around 200 now. I thought we will continue to have access to old posts..probably not??

Lastly, I hope the moderator will be very vigilant to stop nonsense that we noticed on the previous site.

Rgds
Dip

kishorebhosale
Newly Registered

Post by kishorebhosale » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:47 pm

I agree with Dip. All the link for all the country in one page. Too many link in a page.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:49 pm

Dip wrote:Once the surfer clicks on any of the links, it then opens up the country specific home page, with all the sub-sections. For instance in UK it would be HSMP or short term etc etc.
Maybe it is good idea, but unfortunately it isn't possible because we have some software limitations.
Dip wrote:I noticed that the number of posts have suddenly reduced for some posters including myself. Kaya was close to 1000 and I was to compliment him but notice it says aruond 700 now. Mine was upwards of 350 but says around 200 now. I thought we will continue to have access to old posts..probably not??
You have same number of posts as in old message board on 16th February. I left this information because it can help to see how serious are some of our members.

kishorebhosale
Newly Registered

Post by kishorebhosale » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:51 pm

By mistake I double clicked my reply and it was taken as 2 replies which lead me to a page which say something like 'YOU CANNOT RESPONSE/REPLY AGAIN SO SOON'....

This is something new....
Moderator what is the time limit between first and the second reply ?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:59 pm

My 0.02 c,

Appreciate it appears there are too many sublinks here in relation to the 'old' board. However new board is really in 2 sections. One is the UK and this IMHO is appropriatley split into the main sections as per queries on old board - the move to isolate/ position HSMP apart is especially good as this was swamping out everything else.

The 2nd section deals with the other countries where traffic was considerably lower to the extent of being non existent on some forums. As Dip says we'll get used to it soon. I dare say that if it had been feasible to have sublinks sheer laziness or sometimes lack of knowhow would have seen people post in the first link available - I have seen such on many boards.

All in all new board looks well impressive - now for the avtars (sp). TVT/ tnavon have you updated your profile to adrdress sign/un display issue.

JayGee

Extremely pleased.

Post by JayGee » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:26 pm

Congratulations with your new fresh web-site, I am impressed. :D

Few suggestions though;
a) If you click on the buttons (eg. Profile) I suggest a new window opens as it is very irritating when you just want to see someone's profile then you have to right click then open in new window - it should be done automatically, only a suggestion!! :P

b) Is there a possibility that you can include a "Call Administrator" button which allow members to advise Adminstrator of unwanted/derogatory/dearly beloved/ etc.. stuff which requires either to be moderated or message removed or member banned/removed. Naturally the sender must motivate why such action is required. Once again, only suggestion!!

c) What about including current status of all members responding on a particular subject/topic? (Status = Away/Online/Active/Not Logged In) etc

d) I know this may sounds like a tall order, but how about a spell checker?

Please note - they are only suggestions!! :)
Last edited by JayGee on Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chess
Diamond Member

Password and user name - case sensitive??

Post by Chess » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:52 pm

The website looks good but like all new things - it takes time to get used to.

My password could not be recognised, I had to attempt about four times. I wonder whether the password and user name is case sensitive???
Where there is a will there is a way.

JayGee

Password problem

Post by JayGee » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:37 pm

Chess, I had similiar problem, except I went to reset my password. Be carefull though - it takes a while before you receive the required info in your mailbox.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:22 pm

Username is not case sensitive, but password is.

There could be some problems for some users, but I hope that nothing serious.

Also I would like to mention that you need change your username (if it is different form login name).

Chess
Diamond Member

Cannot access forum from work!!!!

Post by Chess » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:25 pm

What on earth should I do?, when am at work - I dont get access to the forum...it always says 'could not get data from proxy'..

However, I get the website easily when I am at Home..

What should I tell the IT people at work to do with my machine???
Where there is a will there is a way.