ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and 28 days pre application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mackenrob
Newly Registered

ILR and 28 days pre application

Post by mackenrob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Anyone else seen this situation. Issued visa on February 15, 2008. Arrived in UK on March 28, 2008. In order to apply for ILR need to meet the two years criteria. Can only apply for this 28 days prior to the end of my current visa. My current visa runs out on February 15, 2010.
The way I understand this is that I will have to get a visa extension on my current visa to a cost of 460 pounds. I will then have to apply for ILR only a few weeks later. Does this make sense. Is this normal. Any advice to not have to spend this 460 for the extension. :shock:

mackenrob
Newly Registered

Post by mackenrob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:20 pm

I now see that they are issuing a 27 month visa so that the situation that I have mentioned does not occur.

Any idea if they will take this in to account retrospectively.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:51 pm

Apply for settlement by post shortly before visa expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mackenrob
Newly Registered

Post by mackenrob » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:15 pm

I only need to do a SET(M) application? Is this correct? Do not need an extension?

I have now read that I can make application and in will be held by UKBA for up to three months.

Know anything about this biometric identification. Will they want this before application, or will they allow me to do this after.

I gave biometric fingerprints and photos during my application process in Canada. Anyone know what they do with this?