ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post by 2036789 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:38 pm

finally a breakthrough after 7 months I got an e-mail from ukhub to tell me tha wifes visa was processed on 22nd of dec, im going to get on to my mp to tell me the result pls pray for me so nervous

does anyone know approx how long after the decison is made the passport is sent to gerrys
MM

zoomaj
Mood:

GOOD NEWS TOO!

Post by zoomaj » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:44 pm

call letter received today! won appeal in OCT 09!

the letter went to the wrong friggin address! but lucky they gave it to my wife as they all live in the pind,

my wife didn't receive a determination letter tho! now i wudnt be suprised if that got lost!!!

this really is a close call! il keep all posted

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Casa wrote:Refusal due to 'poor planning'...what was the actual reason was given for refusal? Do you still have legal representation?
Hi,

I still have legal representation. Its just i never include d some rental agreements therfore refued on maintenance grounds.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:29 pm

Refusal due to 'poor planning'...what was the actual reason was given for refusal? Do you still have legal representation?
Boy I hate it when these newbies come on wanting advice without giving full reasons for their refusals.

I am not going to help anyone who does this from now on.

When will these newbies realise that to an experienced advisor the reasons for refusal are critical in giving correct advise.What the newbies interpret the refusal will be completely different to what an experienced advisors interprets :x :twisted:

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:16 pm

The reasons of refusal was that i had 5000 pounds savings in my account which is cummulated due to my rental income. The eco wanted to know where this 5k came from and also said that i stated in my application that i receive rental income and no evidence has been submited to support this. (when infact there was) therefore the eco claimed that i could not fund my self without recourse to public funds.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:45 am

Thankyou uncle Batley khan.

Will they definetly take 2 months for the date because i appealed to bhc london so i didnt go through ait to start of with???

i think i will let it go to appeal as re- applying will not gaurantee success. Where as appeal most probably will as i have strong evidence.

MohammedKhan2009

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:53 am

VASEY wrote:Hi Mohammed,

as there was a gap between your last contact with your wife and your application they needed to be satsfied that you did have contact, did you send anything or make any calls which will show records.

In relation to the other points you could submit a new accommodation report but act really fast. it must state you occupy the property.

If you submit the above with the appeal papers you wil have a good chance it will be reviewed. You will have a good chance.

The reasons for refusal are petty and i think you will be ok if you can prove contact.
Hi I have a lebara sim which i got on 13th october 2009 and before that have a 3 mobile sim which i used to text off. The accomodation report says that I occupy 1 of the rooms in the house.

MohammedKhan2009

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:55 am

batleykhan wrote:
You state that you travelled to Pakistan in April to May 2009. Your passport does not show that you travelled to Pakistan since 2006. You say you keep in contact by telephone, you have provided phone cards as evidence of regular contact with your sponsor. However these cards have no name or personal details on them and so do not demonstrate who purchased them or whom they were used to contact. Also I am aware that these cards are readily available in Pakistan to purchase second hand. On the evidence before me I am not satisfied that these cards were used to contact your sponsor. Save for these phone cards you have not been able to supply any evidence of contact with your sponsor. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that your relationship with your sponsor is subsisting or that you intend to live with your sponsor. Paragraph (iii) HC395

Your sponsor has not provided any evidence that he occupies the accommodation where he resides. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 281 (iv) HC 395
Hi Mohammad

You are not from Batley by any chance?

Mohammad if you have read my earlier post somewhere here, You will see that I pointed out the disadavantages of using calling cards. The ECO has pointed out the reasons why, these cards are not acceptable.

I am afraid unless you can provide evidence of how you kept in contact with your wife, its going to be difficult.

Did you send any hand written letters, emails etc?. What about sending her money?. Have you got receipt for it. Things like these will do.

As far as your acommadation is involved, beside doing the report, did you send any proof that you actually own it and live there ( eg bills etc)?
My dad owns the house, My dad wrote a letter saying we can live rent free, and sent a copy of his title deeds, i have a lebara sim, which i got on oct 13th 2009 which shows that i kept in touch, also before that I have a 3 mobile sim which i used to text off, the sim is on my brothers name.
any help??

Thanks

Im from Bradford 5

MohammedKhan2009

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:15 am

batleykhan wrote:
You state that you travelled to Pakistan in April to May 2009. Your passport does not show that you travelled to Pakistan since 2006. You say you keep in contact by telephone, you have provided phone cards as evidence of regular contact with your sponsor. However these cards have no name or personal details on them and so do not demonstrate who purchased them or whom they were used to contact. Also I am aware that these cards are readily available in Pakistan to purchase second hand. On the evidence before me I am not satisfied that these cards were used to contact your sponsor. Save for these phone cards you have not been able to supply any evidence of contact with your sponsor. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that your relationship with your sponsor is subsisting or that you intend to live with your sponsor. Paragraph (iii) HC395

Your sponsor has not provided any evidence that he occupies the accommodation where he resides. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 281 (iv) HC 395
Hi Mohammad

You are not from Batley by any chance?

Mohammad if you have read my earlier post somewhere here, You will see that I pointed out the disadavantages of using calling cards. The ECO has pointed out the reasons why, these cards are not acceptable.

I am afraid unless you can provide evidence of how you kept in contact with your wife, its going to be difficult.

Did you send any hand written letters, emails etc?. What about sending her money?. Have you got receipt for it. Things like these will do.

As far as your acommadation is involved, beside doing the report, did you send any proof that you actually own it and live there ( eg bills etc)?
I sent bank statements for a year, I gave money to family to ger to her, am going to send her some this week,

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:45 am

akhan19
Newly Registered

visa application

Post by akhan19 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:49 am

hi everyone

i found this forum yesterday and have found it to be one of the best for information and advise, than you to everyone who has posted on this site

i hope someone can help me out aswel, my wife applied for a visa 6 weeks ago, we got married about a month before the application

after reading the information on this website, i am extremely worried now that the application will be rejected, some people have gone in to a lot of detail with the evidence and i feel mine pales in comparison

what worries me most at the moment, is the contact side of the evidence, i went to pakistan in june and in my application, included stamps from my passport on entry and exit from pakistan

when i returned in august from pakistan, i contacted my wife via calling card and have done so everyday, but upon advise from others, i did not send any calling cards, i have not emailed my wife as she has no access to email where she lives,

i am worried that they will say there is not enough evidence to prove contact with her

also, i called her today to get her reference number and she told me it was

islamabad/131109/108233/1

but when i go on the website to track and enter her date of birth,it says invalid search

can anyone advise if i have the number incorrect or maybe show me a example reference number, she sent it from islamabad

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:54 am

Mohammad

See the Private message that I sent you

ukusman

Re: visa application

Post by ukusman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:59 pm

islamabad/131109/108233/1

Hi, in order to track it the initial "islamabad" should be only three digits either ISB not to sure maybe someone will be able to advise what the initials are for the islamamabd vac as the mirpur VAC initials are QML.

t_a786

Appeal

Post by t_a786 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi, Mr Khan and RM786,

Can you please explain what is going on. I got married in march 09. My hubby submitted papers on 28 April 09. After long wait they rejected as i have explained previously. I submitted his appeal in uk ECO office 2nd sep 09. My MP got involved. ECO said my appeal was late. but it wasn't because we didn't get the decision until 19th august 09. after long letter and conversation with MP they desided to take the appeal not late. I phoned AIT people they said they don't have the documents. And that they can't tell me anything as it is my hubby' case. Then my hubby sent permission letter to them to say I have all the rights to deal with his case.

My MP contacted them AIT they said they are not expecting papers to reach them by 16th March 2010. What does that mean.

They refused to answer me and my MP.
My MP said wait for the ECO people to make the decision.
I don't know what is happening. They wrote to my hubby so thay said. But my hubby in Pakistan Karachi didnot recieve any papers at all. 3 months ago.

I don't what is going on where are the papers. I don't what to do? Who to contact. I sent three times permission letters recorded delivery. They said they don't have it yet.

What shall I do?

Please help.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:09 pm

You can do one of two things:

Get your hubby to make a new application ensuring you correct the reasons that he was refused on first time around and hope for the best.

As far as your appeal goes
Applied 29th April 09
rejected 8th May 09
Recieved response 18th Auguast 09
Lodged Appeal 2nd Sep 09,
Why was it rejected in May , yet it took 3.5 months for you to recieve response /refusal notice?. If that is the case I can understand why the AIT or BHC are saying your appeal was lodged out of time.

Is there a date on the refusal notice taht your husband recieved and he should have signed for.... what date is on there.

If you say that AIT have said your appeal is in time, then the time they have given you (March 2010) is the latest time that the ECO must get the appeal papersto AIT, if the ECM has reviwed it and still has refused it.

It will be then listed down for an oral hearing where you have to attend to represent your hubby.

Like I have said if you dont want to wait, then reapply againmaking sure you have all the correct docs.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:35 am

Hi t_a786,

You are in exactly the same situation as me. Just be patient and relax as the chances are they will not overturn the decision. When they have reviewed your case if the do not overturn they will send all documents to AIT. Ait will then set up a hearing date within the next 2 - 3 months. Best thing is to get some immigration advice or let a solicitor deal with the appeal. I think re-applying can be waste of money as they know it will be your second application and you have an appeal in process. So just relax i know its hard but things will get better Inshallah. As i am abit nearer in the qeue to you i will keep you updated thanks.

akhan19
Newly Registered

tracking reference number

Post by akhan19 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:17 am

Could anyone be kind enough to advise me of the prefix to the tracking number if the case was submitted in Islamabad, i would be extremely appreciative of your advice, many thanks

i have the numbers but do not know the letters that go before

zoomaj
Mood:

Guys call letter has been E mailed to me from Pakistan

Post by zoomaj » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:59 am

Hi Guys,
i need your help on this one
my Mrs has e mailed me the call in letter and its asking for so much info!

the following needs to be taken with the call in letter apparently

1st Question " your passport and the passports of any members of your family if mentioned above"
at the top of the letter its got my name and my wifes! so how on earth does she get hold of my passport when im here in the UK!unless they want a copy???

2nd Question "please confirm your intended date of travel and length of stay!"
what do we write for this please Mrs! 2mro and forever???

3rd question" up to date bank statement"
now is that mine or my mrs?? she's not even got a bank account!

4th Question a copy of HSMP letter!
whats that please??

Please help guys if anyone has been thru this scenario recently.

zoomaj
Mood:

Post by zoomaj » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:18 pm

on closer inspection

whats happened is they have issued the letter asking for everything but iv just rang my wife and she sed look at the ticks!

the ticks are very small and its only asking for the call letter, her passport, copy of mine and a TB Certificate and dates of travel etc!

few not so bad after all!

thanks again

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:50 pm

I thought that might be the case. Dont worry about it. Just ask your wife to take docs down and hand them over. Normally it takes about 4 - 5 weeks to come back.

Your wife must come to the Uk within 3 months of the visa being issued ( not 28 days like most people assume).

She must bring TB certificate with her on arrival in UK.

Hope this helps

zoomaj
Mood:

Post by zoomaj » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:52 pm

dont worry Batly khan il make sure she comes over in under 28 hours!!!

high_aimer

Re: tracking reference number

Post by high_aimer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:57 pm

akhan19 wrote:Could anyone be kind enough to advise me of the prefix to the tracking number if the case was submitted in Islamabad, i would be extremely appreciative of your advice, many thanks

i have the numbers but do not know the letters that go before
ISL

akhan19
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by akhan19 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:40 pm

thanks

i appreciate it, just checked the status and extremely dissapointed to see it says forwarded to islamabad oc, ive heard it stays like that for AGES

submitted on 13/11,hope they hurry up, am really missing my wife

thank you again for your help

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:50 am

Hi,

I will be sending my wifes settlement papers next week inshallah. My visa got refused last time due to some papers that got misplaced and the eco claimed that several docs were not there.

So therefore i have hole punched corners of the orginal documents and placed a treasury tags to secure them ensuring they dont get lost or misplaced this time.So what i want to know is that Holepunching original documents does not compromise their legality or does it ? Batley khan if you could please advise

thanks

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:41 pm

batleykhan wrote:You can do one of two things:

Get your hubby to make a new application ensuring you correct the reasons that he was refused on first time around and hope for the best.

As far as your appeal goes
Applied 29th April 09
rejected 8th May 09
Recieved response 18th Auguast 09
Lodged Appeal 2nd Sep 09,
Why was it rejected in May , yet it took 3.5 months for you to recieve response /refusal notice?. If that is the case I can understand why the AIT or BHC are saying your appeal was lodged out of time.

Is there a date on the refusal notice taht your husband recieved and he should have signed for.... what date is on there.

If you say that AIT have said your appeal is in time, then the time they have given you (March 2010) is the latest time that the ECO must get the appeal papersto AIT, if the ECM has reviwed it and still has refused it.

Hi,

They reject in May because, there was no prove that bank where I pay my mortgage and bill, statement. I had only sent saving accounts statements. Not the normal bank statement.
They reject it as there was no prove that I was paying mortgage and bills.
There were no date on page 4 of AIT form for appeal. No signature. My hubby signed it when He got the papers, after coming out of garry's office. There was not evidence of we recieving the docs late. Embessy sent docs, status changed on website on 18th August I told my hubby to contact. He got papers 19 August. No reason or covering letter to say why they sent it late. It was rejected long time ago.
This system in Pakistan is rubbish. They should have emailed or contacted me. But no. Kept the papers for long time. AIT said they are not expected all docs to be recieved until 16th March 10. What does that mean?

Many thanks for your help.