ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Clarification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

garry_viki
Newly Registered

ILR Application Clarification

Post by garry_viki » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi

I am planning to apply for ILR in March 2010(by that time I will complete 4 years as i am unders old rules) but I have couple of questions, Can anyone please clarify me?

I will apply for my wife with me. She Arrived in UK on 31st dec 2008 but she has not completed 2years stay in Uk... But v will complete 2 years of our married life.

1. Is there any time limit required for dependents (do the dependents have to complete 2 years to apply ILR)

2. Also every year I had gone to India on annual leave (one month - paid holidays), so approx. 120 days I spent outside UK, hope this is not a problem, is it correct?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:59 pm

1. I don't think that there is a time limit in this case:
HSMP INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN (ILR) JUDICIAL REVIEW: POLICY DOCUMENT wrote:Dependants
29. The immigration status of dependants of migrants in the categories covered by this policy will follow that of the principal applicant.

2. A CaseWorker's Guide/Manual
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.