ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for nationalization but got court fine and points

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

james-khan
Newly Registered

applying for nationalization but got court fine and points

Post by james-khan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:34 pm

Hello.
i will come straight to the point. i got married to a british citizen. got my 1 year spouse visa, and then my indefinite 3 years ago. i passed my nationaliztion test.
for some reason i got delayed in applying for my nationalization...
now i've a few points on my licence, due to un-insured drving, and a fine from the court.
will it be possible for me to apply for my nationalization.... and british passport.
please need advise.

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:17 am

Your issue is addressed in a similar thread here.

benz52

Post by benz52 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:11 pm

you cannot apply until 5 clear years of the court fine. you have infact been convicted of driving without insurance. i've had the same thing only that it is expiring in a couple of months. i've tried applying and was turned down. so this information is from first hand experience.

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:54 pm

benz52,

When you applied and were turned down did they still charge you for this or did they just send the paperwork back to you?

Biggie22

lboro

Post by lboro » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Biggie wrote:benz52,

When you applied and were turned down did they still charge you for this or did they just send the paperwork back to you?

Biggie22
I think Benz52 would have to confirm this but as per the guideline, if your application is processed and rejected, you do not get your money back except for the citizenship ceremony fees. I think if he didn't specify on the form about the conviction then there might as well be a further punishment for not disclosing all the facts.

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:44 pm

lboro,

Ok, thanks.

Biggie.