ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 years long residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

redokeef
Newly Registered

14 years long residence

Post by redokeef » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:22 am

I have applied for ILR under 14 years long residence in september2008. then this year i sent two letters through my MP they said i will get a decesion by july 2010.two weeks ago i received a letter they asked me recent photographs,prrof of address,work,other compatinate issues and asked me to submit within 28 days in a envelope provided with the letter in order to process my application.they also said it will be heplful if i reply them in 14 days.i sent documents after 3 days.I also include p-60 and payslip as i work and support myself independently.Any one can say what is the out come of my case likely to be and how long to wait to get a decesion as i have been waiting since september 2008.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:40 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

Re: 14 years long residence

Post by Procrastinator » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:27 pm

redokeef wrote:I have applied for ILR under 14 years long residence in september2008. then this year i sent two letters through my MP they said i will get a decesion by july 2010.two weeks ago i received a letter they asked me recent photographs,prrof of address,work,other compatinate issues and asked me to submit within 28 days in a envelope provided with the letter in order to process my application.they also said it will be heplful if i reply them in 14 days.i sent documents after 3 days.I also include p-60 and payslip as i work and support myself independently.Any one can say what is the out come of my case likely to be and how long to wait to get a decesion as i have been waiting since september 2008.
If they contacted you and asked for furtherdocuments e.g. proof of address then it looks like that you are going to get ILR before Christmas or very soon after new year.

By the way, I submitted my application in the same category on 30 July 2009 so it has been over 4 months now. UKBA contacted me through my MP and said that they deal 95% of cases within 6 months. I know a person who made her application under the 14 years rule on 15 June 2009 and she got her ILR on 19 November 2009.

So be positive I am sure you 'll hear a good news very soon.

Good Luck!!!

redokeef
Newly Registered

Dont confuse people

Post by redokeef » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:01 pm

Thanks.for 14 years long residence If your stay legal than you can get a decesion within 6 months.otherwise no body dont know when you will get a result.Your application will have to pass stages.I have been waiting for more than 14 months.usually you need to wait for a decesion 2 to 3 years.Dont confuse people saying that someone get decesion in 5 months like solicitor does.Just give what is true not i know or maybe.Just tell here your case and your experience.

vinny

Re: Dont confuse people

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:06 pm

redokeef wrote:Thanks.for 14 years long residence If your stay legal than you can get a decesion within 6 months.
If your stay is legal then you may be eligible for ILR under the 10-year long residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

londongood

14 years long residence

Post by londongood » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:51 am

i got my ILR in 7 months 14 years rule i submited my application in may 2009 i was granted in dec 2009

redokeef
Newly Registered

Cohgratulations

Post by redokeef » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:19 pm

Please tell us starting from your application until you got your ILR like the whole process and what types of documents you supplied and did you have your original passport submitted that you used to enter uk and any solicitor you have etc.So people know your story of success.

redokeef
Newly Registered

Method of entry questionnaire

Post by redokeef » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:24 pm

I got a letter from UKBA in middle of november asking me submit photo,proof of address,any work related documnets and method of entry questionnaire.i submitted straightway and waiting to get some response.Did you get the same letter?After how long you get your ILR?

londongood

Post by londongood » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:52 pm

yes i submit all my passport coz i was legal in this country more then 9 years
no they didn't ask me for any information the first letter i recieved was ack and then my ILR yes had soliciter and i paid him a lot money for nothing lol