ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

comprehensive health insurance ?PLEASE HELP MY FAMILY.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

worldyus
Newly Registered

comprehensive health insurance ?PLEASE HELP MY FAMILY.

Post by worldyus » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:32 pm

could anyone please tell me how i can get a comprehensive health insurance cover?my family and i are migrating to london in january 2010 and we are applying for resident permit and registration certificate under the self sufficient rule.problem is how to get a comprehensive health insurance cover that covers emergencies.someone from this site just told me that It is not enough if my insurance covers only in or out patient costs, and that it must cover pre-conditions and accidents.
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?

Iira

Re: comprehensive health insurance ?PLEASE HELP MY FAMILY.

Post by Iira » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:26 pm

worldyus wrote:could anyone please tell me how i can get a comprehensive health insurance cover?my family and i are migrating to london in january 2010 and we are applying for resident permit and registration certificate under the self sufficient rule.problem is how to get a comprehensive health insurance cover that covers emergencies.someone from this site just told me that It is not enough if my insurance covers only in or out patient costs, and that it must cover pre-conditions and accidents.
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?
Hi,
I have posted in several occasions and I mentioned that after calling pretty much every insurance company in UK, they all explained that nobody covers emergencies because there are no private hospitals with A&E.

I have successfully received COA after submitting my EEA4 application with an insurance that covers in- and out-patient treatment. Mine doesn't cover accidents or pre-conditions.

I'm still waiting for my application to come back so, I cannot tell if EEA4 will be granted but, for the time being, it has been accepted.

If you want to play safe, you can spend some more money and get something in the "comprehensive" category. They usually cover pre-existing conditions for some extra money.

Kind regards.

monsaviki
Newly Registered

Post by monsaviki » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:04 am

Yes, it is me who told you this. As I told, I did a pretty deep research on this. It is true that none of the UK local companies offer this type of insurance...and I was also told by one of the insurance companies that they are aware that packages that they offer as 'comprehensive' are actually not comprehensive by Home Office terminology...so, many of their clients had taken out the inpatient-outpatient insurance but failed later in Home office...
...as I mentioned earlier you need to take INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE....just google it and you will find some companies...they cover accidents and emergencies, etc...and a few of them even have a local branch in London!

CorwinBrown
Newly Registered

Post by CorwinBrown » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:41 am

I agree with the above member.Such insurances are for Complete coverage for hospital and physician charges subject to deductibles and coinsurance..
This coverage combines basic medical expense policy and major medical policy.Please suggest that if you want need more related information.Please describe the main query for the topic.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

try wpa

Post by toni34 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:58 am

i was in the same situation,we applied as self sufficient and we used wpa,which doesnt cover emergency and we got our coa and eventually our eea1 and 2,under 3 months.
NON EU national with RC

kevinstelfox
Newly Registered

Great Source of Help

Post by kevinstelfox » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:01 pm

I came accross these guys while looking for comprehensive Sickness insurance
<a href="http://www.healthinsurancesolutions.co. ... prehensive Sickness Insurance</a>