ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Odd situation - Here on Tier 5 visa, pregnant, married to UK

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dinosauuuuuur
Newly Registered

Odd situation - Here on Tier 5 visa, pregnant, married to UK

Post by dinosauuuuuur » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:04 am

Hi guys,

I'm currently in a bit of a situation - 4.5months pregnant. On a Youth Mobility Visa (Tier 5) from New Zealand, been here for 4 months - married to a UK citizen for almost 3 years. I'm 22 years old.

I have not been working and will not be working probably the entire duration of my stay. I have received medical care since being here and had to go to an interview at the hospital to determine whether I was entitled to NHS care for free and they determined that I was.

The baby will be born here and as I understand be a full UK citizen because of my husbands citizenship. I did not know I was pregnant until a month after I arrived here.

Am I breaching my visa conditions by having this baby? I know it states you can't have dependent children. My husband has a good steady job and we have money/car/apartment etc to support ourselves.

Should I switch to a spouse visa - and if so - can I do this from inside the UK? I plan on travelling with the baby and husband end of the year (2010).

Thank you for any advice on what I can do :)