ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visit visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

snow

visit visa

Post by snow » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Hello

I Want to know if someone is on housing benefit and in one bedroom flat with 2 children can sponsor his parents on visit.

Thank You.

meats
BANNED

Re: visit visa

Post by meats » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:31 pm

snow wrote:Hello

I Want to know if someone is on housing benefit and in one bedroom flat with 2 children can sponsor his parents on visit.

Thank You.
You can try but if they're staying with you during their stay then they've got no chance of getting the visa. Also depends on how much money you've got saved up. Are you working?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:31 pm

In my opinion the answer would be no as the flat would be deemed as overcrowded, irrespective of whether one is claiming housing benefit or not

snow

Post by snow » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Thank You

So if someone is on public funds eg.housing benefits etc, they can still sponsor family members for visit.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Yes they can providing they have sufficient savings of their own to support and accomadate their visitor without resorting to claiming more public funds