ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Returned Unsuccesful

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

murphy
Newly Registered

EEA2 Returned Unsuccesful

Post by murphy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:39 pm

I just got my eea2 application back... they said I hadn't proved my wife is excersizing her treaty rights.

She is a polish national, lived here almost 3 years. She worked 9 months when she got here in a normal job, then she became self employed as a cleaner. She cleans peoples houses and they pay her cash. So she doesn't have money being paid into her account regularly (as they ask for) or the lease of a building for her company (she's just a cleaner after all...)

I included her national insurance contributions and the photocopied papers she submitted for her last taxes. I wasn't sure what else to put in. She writes invoices for her customers and retains those, but there are a ot really. Any help?

Also, am I right in thinking that she, once she can prove her treaty-rights-excersizing status (which was never a problem before), is considered a 'settled person' and our son can become a british citizen?

thanks
murphy

jude

Re: EEA2 Returned Unsuccesful

Post by jude » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:52 am

The job is not considering as self-suff job coz she is not paying tax and even with self -suff she would need full private medical insurance . I would advise you not to waste ur time to appeal but kindly talk to her to look for a job or if she could show proof that she is paying tax at the end of each year. Then look for P.M. Insurance and apply again.
hallo

murphy
Newly Registered

Post by murphy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:12 am

I'm pretty sure that's not true. You can be excersizing your treaty rights by being self sufficient, but she isn't and I never said she is, she is self-employed, works 16hrs a week, and pays national insurance contributions as well as income tax (well she doesn't earn enough to pay income tax, but she files a tax return). Also as far as I understand it, she wouldn't need private medical coverage unless she was a student.

Believe me I wouldn't have been let in the country unless she was indeed excercizing her treaty rights through self employment. I just need to figure out how to prove it to the eea2 people

jude

Post by jude » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Sorry , I did not understood ur post before. Also as far as I understand it, she wouldn't need private medical coverage unless she was a student or self sufficient.
hallo