ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm british but not live here, can my wife get a spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tdow
Newly Registered

I'm british but not live here, can my wife get a spouse visa

Post by tdow » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:17 am

Hello, i have a query, I am british but the over the last 7 years I have lived abroad. I now have a cambodian wife and want to return here with her and our baby to live. Can she apply for a spouse visa?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: I'm british but not live here, can my wife get a spouse

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:21 am

tdow wrote:Hello, i have a query, I am british but the over the last 7 years I have lived abroad. I now have a cambodian wife and want to return here with her and our baby to live. Can she apply for a spouse visa?
How long have u been married?

Remeber u will need a pass a finance and accomodation test so u'll need a job here and somewhere to live or a huge wodge.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

meats
BANNED

Re: I'm british but not live here, can my wife get a spouse

Post by meats » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:23 am

tdow wrote:Hello, i have a query, I am british but the over the last 7 years I have lived abroad. I now have a cambodian wife and want to return here with her and our baby to live. Can she apply for a spouse visa?
Read the UKBA website about what is required for a spouse visa and then see if you meet the requirements.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:53 am

Basically you need to come back before her and set everything up and then apply for a spousal visa

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:47 pm

You don't necessarily need to arrive in the UK before you apply for your wife's settlement. However, you do need either substantial savings or a job offer to show that you will be able to support yourselves once you return to settle here together. You will also need to show evidence of adequate accomodation, which if necessary, can be with friends or family.
As Wanderer has asked....how long have you been married? You're both over 21?