ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling on Jan 18

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sajan.chandran

Travelling on Jan 18

Post by sajan.chandran » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:34 am

Hi Friends,
Am planning to travel to UK on January 18 from Chennai, any one travelling around that time?

Thanks,
Sajan Chandran
91-9840031179

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Do u already have a Job or ur going to search. Whats ur exp and profile..is it in testing

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Welcome to UK. It will be good holiday so bring enough money dude. And surely bring ticket back to India. Serious advice, if you already have job in India, don't quit now. Situation in UK is really bad.

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:45 am

huh huh huh... these guys will never listen no matter what...

let them quit their jobs, come to the UK... spend a few 1000 pounds, revive the UK economy and then they will go back happy... :):)

no use advising them whatsoever.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Invictus by William Ernest Henley wrote:Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:13 pm

sashi1979 wrote: no use advising them whatsoever.
What kind of advice is this? Can you explain, what you are doing in UK, advising them not to come to UK ?

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:04 pm

gotcha.. i did give my try on the job hunt.. but so futile... went back to my own country and now back in as a dependent of someone who has been deputed in the UK.. i have my own tier 1 - only that the market isnt any good.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:08 pm

sashi1979 wrote:gotcha.. i did give my try on the job hunt.. but so futile... went back to my own country and now back in as a dependent of someone who has been deputed in the UK.. i have my own tier 1 - only that the market isnt any good.

Sorry to hear story. Even so, there is no point discouraging newcomers. There are 10 succes stories for every failure. I can tell about a friend of mine and his wife, both got offers within last 3 weeks.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:58 pm

gotcha wrote:
sashi1979 wrote:gotcha.. i did give my try on the job hunt.. but so futile... went back to my own country and now back in as a dependent of someone who has been deputed in the UK.. i have my own tier 1 - only that the market isnt any good.

Sorry to hear story. Even so, there is no point discouraging newcomers. There are 10 succes stories for every failure. I can tell about a friend of mine and his wife, both got offers within last 3 weeks.
I think it is the other way around there 10 failures to every success in this economic climate especially

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:55 pm

Please do not discourage the new comers coming to UK. Situation is not the same with everyone. We have some lucky few who still have got jobs in this bad situation. It all depends on the indvidual his efforts and finally luck.

I am still not able to locate a Non functional tester (Volume and Performance) with 5 years exp for a contract position....so jobs still exist in pockets and u need to be lucky to grab that.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:32 pm

sujyo wrote:Please do not discourage the new comers coming to UK. Situation is not the same with everyone. We have some lucky few who still have got jobs in this bad situation. It all depends on the indvidual his efforts and finally luck.

I am still not able to locate a Non functional tester (Volume and Performance) with 5 years exp for a contract position....so jobs still exist in pockets and u need to be lucky to grab that.
It is not discouragement. It is a reality check.
If it is what the other person said, then I want him to provide a valid source for his information. My comment makes more sense in the current economic climate

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:42 pm

republique wrote:
sujyo wrote:Please do not discourage the new comers coming to UK. Situation is not the same with everyone. We have some lucky few who still have got jobs in this bad situation. It all depends on the indvidual his efforts and finally luck.

It is not discouragement. It is a reality check.
If it is what the other person said, then I want him to provide a valid source for his information. My comment makes more sense in the current economic climate
I wish that there were as many jobs around as some people like to make out. However as you said, the figures back you up about the lack of jobs otherwise why would unemployment continue to rise?

And sujyo, the reason that you can't find anyone could very well be because you're advertising on an immigration forum and not in the job centre or through an agency???

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:26 am

republique wrote: f it is what the other person said, then I want him to provide a valid source for his information.
How you expect me to present valid source. Shall I make my friend and his wife post here ?

As everybody on this forum, I just replies depending on what I see.

UK market never been like India(booming). So if one has to consider that.

I think, people has not practical expectations when terming market as crap.

And the way OP was answered annoys me most.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:35 am

gotcha wrote:
republique wrote: f it is what the other person said, then I want him to provide a valid source for his information.
How you expect me to present valid source. Shall I make my friend and his wife post here ?

As everybody on this forum, I just replies depending on what I see.

UK market never been like India(booming). So if one has to consider that.

I think, people has not practical expectations when terming market as crap.

And the way OP was answered annoys me most.
What annoys me is when people make blanket statements as facts when they are just opinion.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:40 am

republique wrote:What annoys me is when people make blanket statements as facts when they are just opinion.
This applies to you,too, the way you said it's other way around.

Just add to my post, everybody on this forum gives opinion, and not authority.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:26 pm

gotcha wrote:
republique wrote:What annoys me is when people make blanket statements as facts when they are just opinion.
This applies to you,too, the way you said it's other way around.

Just add to my post, everybody on this forum gives opinion, and not authority.
No, it doesn't work the other way around because my comment makes sense in the context of the economic crises. You came up with 1:10 ratio like it was some kind of fact so I say prove it. All I said, it is likely the reverse because of the economic crises, which mean probability. My statement for sure is still more likely than yours.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:39 pm

There is no doubt that there are few Opportunities now a days in the market. Skills are also very important to get a job. Some skills have few jobs only.
If one gets a job that does not mean others can also get a job.
and i know many guys also who did not succeed in getting job in UK.

When i came here in April 2008, i can see lot of frustrating post about jobs but i find the market quite good for me. My wife on the other hand was doing very good back home but struggled here.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:18 am

republique wrote:No, it doesn't work the other way around because my comment makes sense in the context of the economic crises. You came up with 1:10 ratio like it was some kind of fact so I say prove it. All I said, it is likely the reverse because of the economic crises, which mean probability. My statement for sure is still more likely than yours.
Can you prove your fact? It's your opinion, so does I stick to my opinion. And as I said earlier, OP was not asking about job market, the way he/she was answered is really annoying. People seating here in good or bad job preaching about job market to hopefull.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:22 am

namastelondon wrote: When i came here in April 2008, i can see lot of frustrating post about jobs but i find the market quite good for me.
That's what I want to underline. UK job market never was booming like India. Some people will find job within week, some people do not find job after months. It depend on luck,timing, planning ,skills etc.

But, if somebody as done his/her Tier1, it's worth a try. It's frustating that, some people seating here, discourage with negative comments to newcomers.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:55 am

gotcha wrote:
republique wrote:No, it doesn't work the other way around because my comment makes sense in the context of the economic crises. You came up with 1:10 ratio like it was some kind of fact so I say prove it. All I said, it is likely the reverse because of the economic crises, which mean probability. My statement for sure is still more likely than yours.
Can you prove your fact? It's your opinion, so does I stick to my opinion. And as I said earlier, OP was not asking about job market, the way he/she was answered is really annoying. People seating here in good or bad job preaching about job market to hopefull.
How can there be 10 success stories for every failure when unemployment is at a record high AND STILL RISING!!??!? Even a bloody dingbat would see that you're so wrong that it's funny. You're not actually Gordon Brown are you? Only he would come up with something as stupid as you are gotcha.

kindley

Post by kindley » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:48 am

meats wrote:
gotcha wrote:
How can there be 10 success stories for every failure when unemployment is at a record high AND STILL RISING!!??!? Even a bloody dingbat would see that you're so wrong that it's funny. You're not actually Gordon Brown are you? Only he would come up with something as stupid as you are gotcha.
@meats, I would suggest you still go immigration adivice rather than your preposterous and distortional political comments to say the least.

You seem to be the campaign arm of the Tory party on here. When you say unemployement "is at a record high AND STILL RISING", perhaps you should tell us that David cameron wouldn't have done anything bec he wanted the recession to take it course.

Yeah unemployment is rising but you didn't tell us what figures- (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8353933.stm) from the ONS revealed recently that rise in unemployment as actually slowed. Perhaps you should tell us if not for the action taken by Gordon Brown whom I'm actually not a big fan of, unemployment didn't reach 3 million by December as predicted by many analysis?

Perhaps you should also tell us what happened in the last recession under the Tory govt where people were left to fend for themselves.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

kindley

Post by kindley » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:52 am

meats wrote:
gotcha wrote:
@meats, I would suggest you still go immigration adivice rather than your preposterous and distortional political comments to say the least.

You seem to be the campaign arm of the Tory party on here. When you say unemployement "is at a record high AND STILL RISING", perhaps you should tell us that David cameron wouldn't have done anything bec he wanted the recession to take it course.

Yeah unemployment is rising but you didn't tell us what figures- (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8353933.stm) from the ONS revealed recently that rise in unemployment as actually slowed. Perhaps you should tell us if not for the action taken by Gordon Brown whom I'm actually not a big fan of, unemployment didn't reach 3 million by December as predicted by many analysis?

Perhaps you should also tell us what happened in the last recession under the Tory govt where people were left to fend for themselves.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 am

meats wrote: How can there be 10 success stories for every failure when unemployment is at a record high AND STILL RISING!!??!? Even a bloody dingbat would see that you're so wrong that it's funny. You're not actually Gordon Brown are you? Only he would come up with something as stupid as you are gotcha.

Somebody will accuse on personel level, when he has nothing to argue about. It looks like, you want to reduce competion in UK market by discouraging people to come here.

What the hell you are doing here then ?

I jumped in to this thread, because, somebody has replied to OP in a way uncalled for, and other people started preaching about job market. In fact, OP has asked for nothing of it. He just shared about his plan to arrive in UK.

This is my last post on this thread. You go on with your knowledge and facts.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:32 pm

gotcha wrote:
You are repeating what I said to you.
I already told you it isn't fact. It is common sense in the light of the economic crisis. YOU provided some 10 to 1 stat like it is a fact so you prove it.
Clearly you don't understand when someone says, it is likely the reverse means probability not fact and again my statement is more likely true that yours. That's deduction. So all analytical methods still support my reasoning. Try to come up with your own contrary arguments instead repeating mine.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:02 pm

kindley wrote:
meats wrote:
gotcha wrote:

kindley, i suggest that you have a look at the unemployment figures, both the 'official' ones and the more realistic ones being quoted by the majority of the press in this country.

As the link you posted just proved, unemployed is STILL INCREASING!