ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings Confusion - What can I claim

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nonie
Newly Registered

Earnings Confusion - What can I claim

Post by nonie » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:05 am

Hi...

I have been a student since Aug'09 and am going to apply for Tier 1 visa. I understand that we cannot show earnings earlier than 15 months preceding the application. I was under the impression that since I am a student since Aug, I can take 15 months preceding Aug'09. However, I read through the guidance thoroughly and found that this kind of relaxation is available only in cases of maternity and adoption related cases. Please suggest if my understanding is correct. Could you please, if possible, point to some links which clarify this situation for students.

Thanks & Regards,
Nonie.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Earnings Confusion - What can I claim

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:47 pm

nonie wrote:Hi...

I have been a student since Aug'09 and am going to apply for Tier 1 visa. I understand that we cannot show earnings earlier than 15 months preceding the application. I was under the impression that since I am a student since Aug, I can take 15 months preceding Aug'09. However, I read through the guidance thoroughly and found that this kind of relaxation is available only in cases of maternity and adoption related cases. Please suggest if my understanding is correct. Could you please, if possible, point to some links which clarify this situation for students.

Thanks & Regards,
Nonie.
Yes. you are right that full time education does not get the relaxation as it used.

'In line with the Immigration Rules change the guidance has been amended to remove the provision for migrants in full time education to claim points for earnings obtained outside of the 15 months immediately prior to their application.'

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uide-forms