ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant VISA application fees

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adnantps

Dependant VISA application fees

Post by adnantps » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi

I got my HSMP approval and based on that got entry clearance on June 6, 2007.

I recently extended my VISA using Tier-1 transitional arrangements; and my visa validity is from June 6,2009 to June 6, 2012.

My wife is applying for her dependant visa; im confused which fees applies on her amongst the following two

Dependant of tier 1 general applicant 675£

Dependant of tier 1 general applicant with HSMP approval letter (transitional arrangement) 250£

I called the islamabad call center and they told me its 250£. But they them selves are confused. And have asked to confirm from british embassy...

any similar cases please???
adnan

vks

Re: Dependant VISA application fees

Post by vks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:32 pm

adnantps wrote:Hi

I got my HSMP approval and based on that got entry clearance on June 6, 2007.

I recently extended my VISA using Tier-1 transitional arrangements; and my visa validity is from June 6,2009 to June 6, 2012.

My wife is applying for her dependant visa; im confused which fees applies on her amongst the following two

Dependant of tier 1 general applicant 675£

Dependant of tier 1 general applicant with HSMP approval letter (transitional arrangement) 250£

I called the islamabad call center and they told me its 250£. But they them selves are confused. And have asked to confirm from british embassy...

any similar cases please???
First of all, I don't know where those numbers came from!

Please check Tier1 general application form P 4, 5 for appropriate fees for dependants.
Regards,
vks

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:33 pm

adnan

vks

Post by vks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Ok. Now I got the point. The application for your dependant is outside the UK.
This will be either at the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme rateor Tier 1 (General) Migrant rate depending on the scheme under which you entered the United Kingdom.

So as per guidance it is £250
Regards,
vks

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:55 pm

thanks for the reply...
so even though ive extended my initial hsmp visa to tier-1 now using transitional arrnangements.. my dependant will still using the tier-1( hsmp transition) fees...

ive mailed this question to the uk abu dhabi embassy as well...

thanks again for the response
adnan

vks

Post by vks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:57 pm

adnantps wrote:thanks for the reply...
so even though ive extended my initial hsmp visa to tier-1 now using transitional arrnangements.. my dependant will still using the tier-1( hsmp transition) fees...

ive mailed this question to the uk abu dhabi embassy as well...

thanks again for the response
Much better to get the email reply attached to your application
Regards,
vks

desertman

Post by desertman » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:23 pm

I have the same situation, my wife submited her application in Lahore and the person there confirmed from British embassy and asked her to pay Rs 35000.

So don't worry it is 250 GBP.

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:31 pm

desertman wrote:I have the same situation, my wife submited her application in Lahore and the person there confirmed from British embassy and asked her to pay Rs 35000.

So don't worry it is 250 GBP.
Thanks for yr reply.. one of my friends having teh same case has paid 90,000 that time... and now hes confused whether he paid extra fees. i'll ask him to check and ask for refund if gerrys has messed it up
adnan

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:56 am

ok.. my wife gave 35K.. this is totally absurd... no where they hv explained wht does tier 1-with hsmp approval letter means.. neitehr do they ask when visiting the gerrys office abt case details so they may demand the correct fees.. my friend with same history paid 90K a year bak.. n now he is contacting them to ask for a refund... its shit stuf.. how can they take 90K without clarifying teh details of the case.. n theres a HUGE difference b/w two fees... i ws lucky enuff tat one of my friends told me to clear the confusion otehr wise i wud also have ended up paying higher fees... n when calling the gerrys cal center they knw shit abt the fees .. n redirect to email the embassy who take 20working days to reply... crap stuff
adnan

vks

Post by vks » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:05 am

adnantps wrote:ok.. my wife gave 35K.. this is totally absurd... no where they hv explained wht does tier 1-with hsmp approval letter means.. neitehr do they ask when visiting the gerrys office abt case details so they may demand the correct fees.. my friend with same history paid 90K a year bak.. n now he is contacting them to ask for a refund... its shit stuf.. how can they take 90K without clarifying teh details of the case.. n theres a HUGE difference b/w two fees... i ws lucky enuff tat one of my friends told me to clear the confusion otehr wise i wud also have ended up paying higher fees... n when calling the gerrys cal center they knw shit abt the fees .. n redirect to email the embassy who take 20working days to reply... crap stuff
In essence, what is the Fees in GBP?
Regards,
vks

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:07 am

250GBP
vks wrote:
adnantps wrote:ok.. my wife gave 35K.. this is totally absurd... no where they hv explained wht does tier 1-with hsmp approval letter means.. neitehr do they ask when visiting the gerrys office abt case details so they may demand the correct fees.. my friend with same history paid 90K a year bak.. n now he is contacting them to ask for a refund... its shit stuf.. how can they take 90K without clarifying teh details of the case.. n theres a HUGE difference b/w two fees... i ws lucky enuff tat one of my friends told me to clear the confusion otehr wise i wud also have ended up paying higher fees... n when calling the gerrys cal center they knw shit abt the fees .. n redirect to email the embassy who take 20working days to reply... crap stuff
In essence, what is the Fees in GBP?
adnan

disdil4u

Post by disdil4u » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:45 am

Hi All

I am in similar situation and I came to UK on Student Visa with my wife then converted to HSMP and now recently converted to Tier-1 (General).

I want to apply Dependant Visa for my son born in UK but he is in india just now. When i asked VFS in India (by phone & e-mail) they says that it will be depending on current immigration status of principal applicant so it will be INR 54000/- (GBP 675.00) but guidence says difference.

Please advise guys as i am applying sometime this month.

Thank You
vks wrote:
Ok. Now I got the point. The application for your dependant is outside the UK.
This will be either at the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme rateor Tier 1 (General) Migrant rate depending on the scheme under which you entered the United Kingdom.

So as per guidance it is £250

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:48 am

disdil4u wrote:Hi All

I am in similar situation and I came to UK on Student Visa with my wife then converted to HSMP and now recently converted to Tier-1 (General).

I want to apply Dependant Visa for my son born in UK but he is in india just now. When i asked VFS in India (by phone & e-mail) they says that it will be depending on current immigration status of principal applicant so it will be INR 54000/- (GBP 675.00) but guidence says difference.

Thank You
£675 as the link in your original quote says.

You're on tier 1 general, the link says that for a tier 1 general dependent visa it's £675.

disdil4u

Post by disdil4u » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:01 pm

hi Thank You for your reply.

But it says in below link:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#3909226

What fee will my dependants pay?
They will pay the same fee as you. This will be either at the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme rate or Tier 1 (General) Migrant rate depending on the scheme under which you entered the United Kingdom.

Because of this i am totally confused.
Thank You
meats wrote:

Thank You

You're on tier 1 general, the link says that for a tier 1 general dependent visa it's £675.

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:10 pm

If you follow my case.. its shud be 250 for u as well. as u said u have an hsmp leter.. but best is.. take cash n inquire at the office how much wud they tke.. when i calld the call center one told me its 650£ one 250£ and one please confirm from embassy... so i simply gave teh maximum amount cash to my wife n at the counter they took 250£.....
meats wrote:

Thank You

adnan

disdil4u

Post by disdil4u » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Thank you adnatps

I will call them on monday to find out as i do have my HSMP approval letter and i also extended my visa under transional arrangement to Tier 1 General.

Regards
adnantps wrote:If you follow my case.. its shud be 250 for u as well. as u said u have an hsmp leter.. but best is.. take cash n inquire at the office how much wud they tke.. when i calld the call center one told me its 650£ one 250£ and one please confirm from embassy... so i simply gave teh maximum amount cash to my wife n at the counter they took 250£.....
meats wrote:

Thank You

vks

Post by vks » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:27 pm

disdil4u wrote:Thank you adnatps

I will call them on monday to find out as i do have my HSMP approval letter and i also extended my visa under transional arrangement to Tier 1 General.

Regards
adnantps wrote:If you follow my case.. its shud be 250 for u as well. as u said u have an hsmp leter.. but best is.. take cash n inquire at the office how much wud they tke.. when i calld the call center one told me its 650£ one 250£ and one please confirm from embassy... so i simply gave teh maximum amount cash to my wife n at the counter they took 250£.....
meats wrote:

Thank You

You don't need to call them. Print the guidance as reference and present it when there are issues, while you apply!
Regards,
vks

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:03 pm

yesss.. dnt call them.. theyll confuse u more.. just take teh maximum amount.. n then present yr case .. cuz if they insist its 675£ u cant do any thing abt it can u? so better take full amount n then first give 250£ n tell yr case
vks wrote:

Regards
meats wrote:

You don't need to call them. Print the guidance as reference and present it when there are issues, while you apply!
adnan

disdil4u

Post by disdil4u » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:38 am

Hi vks & adnantps

I been to VFS center in Mumbai, India and they are not understand about this situation.

What they said to me that becuase i extended my HSMP visa to Tier 1 (general), i need to pay £675 which is INR 54000 to apply for my son visa.

Even i explain and provide guidence notes to them, they says that because your existing visa is tier 1 we can't help you.

What do you think gusy? Any help will be helpfull.

Thank You & Regards
vks wrote:

Regards
meats wrote:

disdil4u

Post by disdil4u » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:10 am

Hi vks & adnantps

I been to VFS center in Mumbai, India and they are not understand about this situation.

What they said to me that becuase i extended my HSMP visa to Tier 1 (general), i need to pay £675 which is INR 54000 to apply for my son visa.

Even i explain and provide guidence notes to them, they says that because your existing visa is tier 1 we can't help you.

Thank You & Regards
vks wrote:

Regards
meats wrote:

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:58 am

Phuffff.... email the Home Office in Uk n India and wait for their reply...

exactly this is what i was talking about... from my wife they took 250GBP while teh call center was confused what fewes would apply. They also explained that 675GBp is for new applications for tier1 and their dependants and HSMP ppl will ahve to pay old fees

Did they clarify u what does tier-1- with HSMP approval letter actually mean then?

If they mean inititial VISA for Tier-1- on teh basis of HSMP approval letter; then it doesnt make sense at all that they shud pay 250GBP n we when we pay 675GBP...

i did email homeoffice abu dhabi a week back.. yet to recieve a
response... i'll fwd it to u if they send it to me... mean while u cud call the embassy directly... or if yr rich enuff jst pay the fees .....

gerrys in paksitan n presuambly VFS n india are totally unclear abt the situation....

theres a refund option as well which i read on hiome office website.. if ur in a hurry just pay the fees n email the embasy.. upon their reponse n if its 250GBP.. roll tat print put n shove it up in them n take yr money out

disdil4u wrote:Hi vks & adnantps

Thank You & Regards
vks wrote:

Regards
adnan

disdil4u

Post by disdil4u » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:50 am

Hi adnantps

Thank You for reply and please update me once you receive reply from home office in abu dabhi. I will also do the same and let you know as i am trying to save money.

Many Thanks
Regards
adnantps wrote:Phuffff.... email the Home Office in Uk n India and wait for their reply...

exactly this is what i was talking about... from my wife they took 250GBP while teh call center was confused what fewes would apply. They also explained that 675GBp is for new applications for tier1 and their dependants and HSMP ppl will ahve to pay old fees

Did they clarify u what does tier-1- with HSMP approval letter actually mean then?

If they mean inititial VISA for Tier-1- on teh basis of HSMP approval letter; then it doesnt make sense at all that they shud pay 250GBP n we when we pay 675GBP...

i did email homeoffice abu dhabi a week back.. yet to recieve a
response... i'll fwd it to u if they send it to me... mean while u cud call the embassy directly... or if yr rich enuff jst pay the fees .....

gerrys in paksitan n presuambly VFS n india are totally unclear abt the situation....

theres a refund option as well which i read on hiome office website.. if ur in a hurry just pay the fees n email the embasy.. upon their reponse n if its 250GBP.. roll tat print put n shove it up in them n take yr money out

disdil4u wrote:Hi vks & adnantps

Thank You & Regards
vks wrote:

Regards