ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenence funds for dependants

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kulksnikhil1

Maintenence funds for dependants

Post by kulksnikhil1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:17 pm

I would be applying for my dependents (who are in India) next month. I have been staying in UK since 13-sep-09 (more than 12 months) but none of my dependants have stayed in UK for more than 12 months. As far I understand I need to show only GBP 533 per dependant.

However I have been reading on this forum that, even depends need to be in UK for more than 12 months and then only the maintenance funds can be just GBP 533 otherwise it should be more than GBP 1600 (per depandent)

I have only maintained GBP 533, per dependant for the last three months. Am I safe?

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:21 pm

If your dates are correct then you've been here less than 12 months.

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:37 pm

No Because you came here in sep 09 and its been less than 12 months, You have to show 1600 for each dependent plus 800 for yourself
so if two dependents are going to join you, then you need 3200+800 for three months and it shouldnt fall below that amount not for a single second.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Talking about safe, through my experience, the safest way would be 1600 for each dependent regardless you or your dependent have been in the UK or not. It will also saves your non-refundable fee. Take my advice. thanks.

kulksnikhil1

Post by kulksnikhil1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:42 am

oops.. it should be 13-sep-08... sorry for the confusion.

Paragraph 41 of the Tier 1 - Dependants Policy guidance says that
"41. If the Tier 1 migrant has been in the united kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the tier 1 migrant must have GBP 533 to support himself/herself."

Paragraph 44 of the Tier 1 - Dependants Policy guidance says that
"44. If a family member applies seperately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family.Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child and the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for 2 years (i.e. >12 months) and the family applies leave to remain for the third child seperately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional GBP 533 funds in available funds"

Combining these two guidelines, I hope that in my case (i.e. I am here on student visa for more than 12 months and my wife and child are in back home and I am applying for my wife and child seperately from home country) I need to show only 533 per person.

so a total of 800+533+533 = 1866

Well, I am worried about this because, I have only maintained this amount of funds and not more than that.