ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 am

hey congratulations vks :)

Now after you my hopes are bit high now that my husband will also receive in a day or two :)

U r v lucky you got in time devoid of the snow and weather conditions..

vks

Post by vks » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:01 am

Iqraa wrote:hey congratulations vks :)

Now after you my hopes are bit high now that my husband will also receive in a day or two :)

U r v lucky you got in time devoid of the snow and weather conditions..
Sigh!

If you have done your home work without any mistake, then you should get it soon. The weather and not to forget about the Christmas and New year holidays in between.
Regards,
vks

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:27 am

The only thing bothering us here is that he has his tickets for Pakistan of 16th January as we are to wed on the 17th of this month :) but till now no signs of the visa..

He has submitted each n everything as per the requirements..the only thing I am not sure if he did right was that acc to the rules the min balance shud not go below 800 as per the rules for last three months. Having applied on December 7th, he has provided statements from September to December. This minimum balance requirement is fulfilled if they look into these months as his balance never went below this amount but in august his balance was way below this amount..

Are u sure they just look into the last three months statements n thats it? He was mostly putting money into Investment saving accounts before September so never bothered to keep his account to the requirement..but from sep to dec he had balance exceeding 800..

Do u think he is on safe side?

U can understand my fear and worry as our dates,tickets everything is final :(

vks

Post by vks » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:33 am

Iqraa wrote:The only thing bothering us here is that he has his tickets for Pakistan of 16th January as we are to wed on the 17th of this month :) but till now no signs of the visa..

He has submitted each n everything as per the requirements..the only thing I am not sure if he did right was that acc to the rules the min balance shud not go below 800 as per the rules for last three months. Having applied on December 7th, he has provided statements from September to December. This minimum balance requirement is fulfilled if they look into these months as his balance never went below this amount but in august his balance was way below this amount..

Are u sure they just look into the last three months statements n thats it? He was mostly putting money into Investment saving accounts before September so never bothered to keep his account to the requirement..but from sep to dec he had balance exceeding 800..

Is this the dates that he filled in the application form as well? Then you need not worry!
Regards,
vks

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:34 am

yeah he filled his application within the same date..

submitted it on 7th
money got deducted on 8th
got reference num on 10th
and since then im just waiting :) and so he is..

plzzzz pray..

vks

Post by vks » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:39 am

vks wrote:
Iqraa wrote:The only thing bothering us here is that he has his tickets for Pakistan of 16th January as we are to wed on the 17th of this month :) but till now no signs of the visa..

Is this the dates that he filled in the application form as well? Then you need not worry!
To make it clear of my above statement, I am talking about the maintenance fund dates in the application form that you filled in.( The red phrase marked above!)
Regards,
vks

Line79
Newly Registered

Post by Line79 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:15 pm

Main applicant + 1 dependants

HSMP to Tier 1 (General) In-country application
Application date: 02-Dec-2009 by Royal mail special delivery
Payment deducted : 04 Dec 2009
Reference Number Received: 06 Dec 2009
Approval Date: 30th Dec 09
Document received: 08 Jan 2010
Visa valid till: 04 Apr 2013

Big Thanks to all the members in forum for valuable information in getting across the application.

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:21 pm

This week they have changed the notice on website very early for processing starting from next week:

Waiting times

This page gives details of the processing time for applications made under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system.

During the week commencing 11 January 2010, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 14 December 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.

Please be aware that the customer contact centre is currently experiencing very high call demand and therefore you may experience difficulties in contacting us. We apologise for this and for any inconvenience it may cause you.

zyf628
Newly Registered

Post by zyf628 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:19 am

My girlfriend received her papers this morning.
(in self-addressed Special Delivery Next Day by 9am)

Below are the details... (Post Study Work --> Tier-1 General)

=======================================
Application Filed from UK: 07 Dec 2009
Payment deducted: 08 Dec 2009
Reference Number Received: 09 Dec 2009
Approval Date: 06 Jan 2010
Document received: 09 Jan 2010
Visa valid till: 06 Jan 2013
End to End : 33 days

Best wishes to all the other the applicants!

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:40 am

zyf628 wrote:My girlfriend received her papers this morning.

congratulations! if I may ask, was the reference number letter dated on the 9th or receiced that date.Thanks

skybond7
Newly Registered

Got My visa in 7 days

Post by skybond7 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:45 am

Tier 1 (general) visa applied on 31st Dec 2009 (south Mumbai)
Payment done on same date
1st,2nd,3rd jan 2010 Holidays
4th Jan Visa is on process
6th Jan couriered back
7th received :)..with visa

Well, I have filed Visa papers on my own with any consultancy help
If any one is having a problem about visa then this forum is the best to look into for the answers..thanks to this website.

zyf628
Newly Registered

Post by zyf628 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:14 pm

lesbere wrote:

congratulations! if I may ask, was the reference number letter dated on the 9th or receiced that date.Thanks
Hi lesbere, the letter is dated on the 8th and I _think_ I received the letter on the 9th. Hope it helps. :-)

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:19 pm

zyf628 wrote:
lesbere wrote:

Hi lesbere, the letter is dated on the 8th and I _think_ I received the letter on the 9th. Hope it helps. :-)
Thanks zyf628, i am trying to follow your timeline cos mine was dated on the 10th, fee equally deducted on the 10th, finger crossed, i will be getting a reply next week.

dreamworks
Newly Registered

UK Tier1 visa

Post by dreamworks » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi friends,

I am really worried about the processing time. All the posts that I read on this forum, very few have any info as to where are the applications submitted from. I will be applying for Tier 1 from Ireland. Can you please share your experience as to whether all applications worldwide are processed through one office, or are they individually dealt with the embassies of the respective countries where the applicant is applying from, and would the processing times vary. Mine would be a very straight forward application. Would really appreciate your responses on the following few quick questions:
- I am scoring exactly 75 points. Do they look for more points?
- I have Masters degree, do I still need to submit my Bachelors degree of India?
- IELTS Score: My overall score is 7.0, but in Reading section I have scored 6.0, would that be a problem. (Though all my education has been in English in India, to be on the safe side I gave the IELTS).
- On the VAF9 Mar 2009 (Personal Details form)- the first coulumn to fill in is : ‘On which date you wish to travel to the UK?’ – Say if I fill in 1st Feb’10, God willing if the visa is approved would my visa issue date be the same or would it be changed.
- Within how many months should one enter the UK after issuance of visa for it not to be rendered invalid?

Thanks a million in advance to all the forum members for their time and inputs!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: UK Tier1 visa

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:45 pm

dreamworks wrote:Hi friends,

I am really worried about the processing time. All the posts that I read on this forum, very few have any info as to where are the applications submitted from. I will be applying for Tier 1 from Ireland. Can you please share your experience as to whether all applications worldwide are processed through one office, or are they individually dealt with the embassies of the respective countries where the applicant is applying from, and would the processing times vary. The applications are dealt individually by the British High Commissions in those countries. Mine would be a very straight forward application. Would really appreciate your responses on the following few quick questions:
- I am scoring exactly 75 points. Do they look for more points? You should be fine with exactly 75 points + 10 points english language requirement + 10 points for maintenance funds
- I have Masters degree, do I still need to submit my Bachelors degree of India? Do not take chances, submit it if you have it.
- IELTS Score: My overall score is 7.0, but in Reading section I have scored 6.0, would that be a problem. (Though all my education has been in English in India, to be on the safe side I gave the IELTS). Not sure of minimum IELTS scores but, I think it should be 6.5 overall. You can fulfill your english language requirement if you have done your degree in English Medium and the PBS calculator recognizes your degree. Check the link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
- On the VAF9 Mar 2009 (Personal Details form)- the first coulumn to fill in is : ‘On which date you wish to travel to the UK?’ – Say if I fill in 1st Feb’10, God willing if the visa is approved would my visa issue date be the same or would it be changed. Visa will be issued immediately but, the valid from date would be Feb'10 in most cases, if thats what you were asking about.
- Within how many months should one enter the UK after issuance of visa for it not to be rendered invalid? There is no time limit on entering UK. You can enter as long as the visa is valid. But, if you enter late, you will get the ILR eligibility late.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: UK Tier1 visa

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:02 pm

dreamworks wrote:Hi friends,

I am really worried about the processing time. All the posts that I read on this forum, very few have any info as to where are the applications submitted from. I will be applying for Tier 1 from Ireland. Can you please share your experience as to whether all applications worldwide are processed through one office, or are they individually dealt with the embassies of the respective countries where the applicant is applying from, and would the processing times vary. The applications are dealt individually by the British High Commissions in those countries. Mine would be a very straight forward application. Would really appreciate your responses on the following few quick questions:
- I am scoring exactly 75 points. Do they look for more points? You should be fine with exactly 75 points + 10 points english language requirement + 10 points for maintenance funds
- I have Masters degree, do I still need to submit my Bachelors degree of India? Do not take chances, submit it if you have it.
- IELTS Score: My overall score is 7.0, but in Reading section I have scored 6.0, would that be a problem. (Though all my education has been in English in India, to be on the safe side I gave the IELTS). Not sure of minimum IELTS scores but, I think it should be 6.5 overall. You can fulfill your english language requirement if you have done your degree in English Medium and the PBS calculator recognizes your degree. Check the link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
- On the VAF9 Mar 2009 (Personal Details form)- the first coulumn to fill in is : ‘On which date you wish to travel to the UK?’ – Say if I fill in 1st Feb’10, God willing if the visa is approved would my visa issue date be the same or would it be changed. Visa will be issued immediately but, the valid from date would be Feb'10 in most cases, if thats what you were asking about.
- Within how many months should one enter the UK after issuance of visa for it not to be rendered invalid? There is no time limit on entering UK. You can enter as long as the visa is valid. But, if you enter late, you will get the ILR eligibility late.

dreamworks
Newly Registered

Post by dreamworks » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Thanks aruni4470 for your valuable comments.

***Mohan****
Newly Registered

processing time

Post by ***Mohan**** » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Hai to all,

HSMP to Tier1 extension :
Application date on reference letter :09 Dec 09
Fee Debited - 11 Dec 09

still i didn't receive any reply from home office,

Anybody applied on the same date as mentioned above?

rev
Newly Registered

Re: processing time

Post by rev » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:10 pm

***Mohan**** wrote:Hai to all,

Fee Debited - 11 Dec 09

I have reference letter dated 09 Dec 09 and feed debited on 10 Dec 09 and even I did not receive any update from home office. Hoping that I will receive some update from Home office this week. Any one else with similar timelines and got your T1 general stamped?

Cheers
rev.

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:41 am

I am still waiting..this waiting seems like a never ending process..its the most frustrating thing ever..

applied on 7th Dec
money deduction on 8th
reference letter received on 10th dec 2009

Then why the hell is my fiancee not receiving the thing? Its been now almost 34 days..he has to travel coming saturday and we have no clue of his hsmp extension to tier 1 general.

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:46 am

Iqraa wrote:I am still waiting..this waiting seems like a never ending process..its the most frustrating thing ever..

applied on 7th Dec
money deduction on 8th
reference letter received on 10th dec 2009

Then why the hell is my fiancee not receiving the thing? Its been now almost 34 days..he has to travel coming saturday and we have no clue of his hsmp extension to tier 1 general.

unfortunately there is nothing you can do in this instance other than to postpone your travel or write to the home office requesting travel documents, they have to see proof though of your travel plans

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:49 am

My fiancee had mentioned about our wedding in the cover letter, moreover he had provided copy of his traveling tickets along with the application..what else should he hav provided?

The only thing worrying me again n again is the fact that though he had 900 pounds for the last three months (with balance never going below 900) but if u go back to August (that is the month before the third month though its not required), then his balance was way below this amount as he was investing in investment savings account..

is it going to create some sort of mess?

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 am

One more question:

whats usually the time on which the documents are received? He had taken this special delivery option that is the next day one..

what time do they usually deliver?

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:06 am

Iqraa wrote:My fiancee had mentioned about our wedding in the cover letter, moreover he had provided copy of his traveling tickets along with the application..what else should he hav provided?

The only thing worrying me again n again is the fact that though he had 900 pounds for the last three months (with balance never going below 900) but if u go back to August (that is the month before the third month though its not required), then his balance was way below this amount as he was investing in investment savings account..

is it going to create some sort of mess?

If your application was properly packaged you don't have to be worried, from what you have written so far, it seems to be that he did a goo djob in his application, if the balance never dropped below the required amount in the last 3 months, then you are fine, as for the exact time for getting the documents back, that again depends on royal mail or whatever courier u used. just relax you will certainly get a reply this week. Good luck

***Mohan****
Newly Registered

Re: processing time

Post by ***Mohan**** » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:12 am

rev wrote:
***Mohan**** wrote:Hai to all,

Fee Debited - 11 Dec 09

I have reference letter dated 09 Dec 09 and feed debited on 10 Dec 09 and even I did not receive any update from home office. Hoping that I will receive some update from Home office this week. Any one else with similar timelines and got your T1 general stamped?

Cheers
rev.
Hai friends ,

Is there any other way to find the status of our application, that means :
1 By reference number
2)Can we Call to homeoffice and ask to them about application status.

Cheers
Mohan