ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and appointments ...please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pg5

ILR and appointments ...please help

Post by pg5 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:34 am

Hi guys
I am trying to book an online appointment for ILR but currently no appointments are available for feb/march. I was reading some posts here on this site and somebody suggested getting an appointment through an immigration agency. Is any body know any cheap and reliable service?? As I called one and two of them (got the number through their websites) and it is almost extra 1000 pounds. I am also worried about giving passports and really important documents to an agent. How safe it is???
If somebody has used these services, please share, thanks in advance.

blue.olive

Available Appointment at Liverpool Office

Post by blue.olive » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:05 am

I just cancelled my appointment at liverpool
try is right now
you might get it
Good Luck
Olive

pg5

Post by pg5 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:39 am

thanks blue.olive
tried but still no luck... :(

pg5

Post by pg5 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:13 pm

anybody who can help about immigration agency....please

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Pg5

Don't loose hope. keep on trying via online and alos try booking through phone. There is no point in giving 1000 quid just for appointment, splly when case is straightforward.

Good luck . Keep trying and I m sure u will be successful..

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:15 pm

You can try calling at 8.59am. After few attempts you should get through. If you need appointment desperately then you can go via solicitors but if you are in no hurry than it is better to save money. You can get all info from this forum.

I used one solicitor just for the appointments as I wanted to do it before december end. I paid 500 quids also my case was straight forward. If you hire OISC registered solicitor than it is safe to handover the documents.

wp_ilr_route
Newly Registered

Post by wp_ilr_route » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi chetanojha,

sent you a PM

pg5

Post by pg5 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:35 am

Thanks everybody

At last I got the appoinment for 19th of feb via online booking. By the way I used this link and got my appoinment. Please check this blog, it has so much info.

http://lifeuk.info/blog/2010/01/11/how- ... tner-visa/

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:22 am

pg5 wrote:Thanks everybody

At last I got the appoinment for 19th of feb via online booking. By the way I used this link and got my appoinment. Please check this blog, it has so much info.

It appears in the link it is stated that appointments were booked separately for each member of the family. Would it be for the same time slot? If not, how can we include the dependents in the same application, when appointments are booked in different slots?

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 am

if appointment was booked for a single person then you can not add anyone else. this will require a new bookinig.

if you make a booking for a dependant separately from the main applicant then it'll be only his/her appointment which will cost additional premium services cost.

even if all apointments booked at the same slot they will be not be reviewed as one application.

pg5

Post by pg5 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Would it be for the same time slot? Yes, when I booked I managed to get the same time slot.
Jk2007 wrote:
pg5 wrote:Thanks everybody

It appears in the link it is stated that appointments were booked separately for each member of the family. Would it be for the same time slot? If not, how can we include the dependents in the same application, when appointments are booked in different slots?

pg5

Post by pg5 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Hopefully this shouldn't be a problem, but even if it is I will pay the premium application fee of £200 which is the difference between a postal application fee and the same day service.
kamalin10 wrote:if appointment was booked for a single person then you can not add anyone else. this will require a new bookinig.

if you make a booking for a dependant separately from the main applicant then it'll be only his/her appointment which will cost additional premium services cost.

even if all apointments booked at the same slot they will be not be reviewed as one application.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:40 am

you'll be at different counters with different officers however ALL documents MUST be original. i'm not sure how you can manage to produce same documents at the same time to the different people even if they are in the same room.
better call UKBA and check with them
pg5 wrote:Hopefully this shouldn't be a problem, but even if it is I will pay the premium application fee of £200 which is the difference between a postal application fee and the same day service.
kamalin10 wrote:if appointment was booked for a single person then you can not add anyone else. this will require a new bookinig.

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:18 am

Even I doubt you can do that as case will be handled by different case worker. Plz confirm if this is possible by calling UKBIA

choled60
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by choled60 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:30 am

Hi,
It is easier to get it if you know the strategy. I was in the same situation as you and got my block family appointment and that of my over children on two ocassion cos I made a mistake. You may contact me for infomation.

who??
Newly Registered

Post by who?? » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:25 pm

hey Choled60 i have just pmed you

who??
Newly Registered

Post by who?? » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:30 pm

i did try booking appointments for my family separately had 2 at the same time and the other 2 at different time and i was told that i would have to pay for each separately and so i had to cancel all 4.