ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nice little bond to come into play

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meats
BANNED

Nice little bond to come into play

Post by meats » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:41 am

"Foreign students would be required to post a bond of up to £6,000 with the Home Office before starting a three-year course in Britain under Conservative proposals to tighten border controls."

And about time too!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 981629.ece

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:03 pm

wow! That ain't no pocket money.

I like that you have to complete your degree to get it back. That would motivate me for shizzle! But fear of failure motivates me as well :D
I tell it like it is.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:36 pm

Its only a proposal which can never be adopted. There is always a hell of difference between what politicians say before elections and after getting elected.

Besides, remember that Tories have to win the elections first.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:45 pm

inwarsaw wrote:Its only a proposal which can never be adopted. There is always a hell of difference between what politicians say before elections and after getting elected.

Yeah I think this would deter people from studying in the uk. It's too much hassle and money.
I tell it like it is.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:52 pm

inwarsaw wrote:Its only a proposal which can never be adopted. There is always a hell of difference between what politicians say before elections and after getting elected.

Election's in the bag, i wouldn't worry about that.

And yes it is a proposal which can be adopted quite easily. The money is paid directly to the colleges who then give it to the HO to keep hold of. No money no visa. Very easy to implement and the sooner it's adopted the better. Although i think it should be more than £2k per year. I think you'll see that the majority of proposals that are made pre-election that get implemented post-election will be in immigration as there is a huge uproar about that in the UK at the moment.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:54 pm

I don't think this proposal is very convincing. If the purpose is to stop bogus students from coming to UK, the simplest solution, in my opinion as someone who has been an international student in UK, would be to prohibit the work altogether. Student visa stamp ( or their ID cards which are on the way ) should explicitly mention that studetns are not allowed to work at all.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:22 pm

inwarsaw wrote:I don't think this proposal is very convincing. If the purpose is to stop bogus students from coming to UK, the simplest solution, in my opinion as someone who has been an international student in UK, would be to prohibit the work altogether. Student visa stamp ( or their ID cards which are on the way ) should explicitly mention that studetns are not allowed to work at all.
I have said previously on here that anyone on a course that is less than 12 months in duration should not be allowed to work. You are meant to show enough funds to pay your fees and support yourself for the first year so no work for first year. Any courses more than 12 months in duration then you can work 20 hours a week from the 2nd year until the end of your course.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:23 pm

meats wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:I don't think this proposal is very convincing. If the purpose is to stop bogus students from coming to UK, the simplest solution, in my opinion as someone who has been an international student in UK, would be to prohibit the work altogether. Student visa stamp ( or their ID cards which are on the way ) should explicitly mention that studetns are not allowed to work at all.
I have said previously on here that anyone on a course that is less than 12 months in duration should not be allowed to work. You are meant to show enough funds to pay your fees and support yourself for the first year so no work for first year. Any courses more than 12 months in duration then you can work 20 hours a week from the 2nd year until the end of your course.
Deffo agree with this one!
I tell it like it is.

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:38 am

What for? do they want to use it to recover from the economic disaster?
they suppose to go to World bank for loan other than planning to use International Student's Fund.
If they want to tighten the Security as a security expert I can advise as follows;
1. Employ more graduates and professionals in UK embassies.
2. Close the outsourcing of British Visa application to India/American, and let british deal it themselves at the embassy.
3. Student Applications requires interview to test the student.

Decision to issue Visa should be dependent on legitmate applicants who proof themselve during the interview.
Don't be surprise, but its true, PBS Visas is all about money, money, money and money.
If you meet the requirements, Behold! Visa is yours. British don't even know whom the issued the Visa. for instance in Africa, America, etc, you can buy degree from £50.00, what next? put some money in your account, enrol in a college in UK, Colleges in UK are business men, visit the UK Visa Agent, submit it. they will post it off to embassy, no interview. your Visa is dependent on the document you submitted. Document? Money can buy any document even death certificate, but money alone cannot buy knowledge. a dummy is a dummy. An African Student do not know the name of the college he intend to study on arrival at the airport. And Indian student in Uk for 3 years do not know the title of his course. what else do you want to here. And advanced woman from Nigeria who has not seen the 4 corners of a secondary school is here on Student's Visa.
Visa was issued to a Blind to study BSc Photography at Portsmouth, Why not, Did the embassy see him physically before issuing the visa? NO

Decision on visa should be made on face to face, ask questions to understand the ability and fitness of the prospective student.

Those already here studying for more than 4 years should not be asked to produce maintenance fund.

Come!, Can you argue that a International student has been in UK studying for his degree for 3 years, working for only 20hrs, still was able to maintain and accommodate himself without the almighty rescourse to public fund. Then he cannot maintain himself when he was given full right/priveldge to work unlimited hours as Post Study Worker?
Story! Story!, a tale of the moonlight.

Visa was refused because your fund dipped for a min, so you cannot be able to maintain yourself. How dare you?
How many British can have a balance of £800 in their bank account for 3 months?
How many British can afford to pay the International Fees? even the low cut fees they seek for LEA. I'm dying
Even the HO officers cannot maintain the 3 months, will all the credit cards and loan debts flying in and off their accounts.
practically, this left to the believe that PBS and the maintenance saga is only a scratch and win game, and an undercover diversity lottery in UK, Hahahaha!

The FUND requirement is critically irrelevant. the masterpiece is the Degree, thank God, you removed the PGDip and PGCert else Students would have abandoned the 3 years degree courses and go for the PG Certs - some places 1 module course - hahahahahahaha

WAO! Who can doubt me that the UK PBS is NOT for Sale and all about MONEY?
Who can say that this content has no known facts!

Studying in Australia, New Zeland, and similar to UK, Stop frustrating the Students, You need them. at least the 200% charge on tuition fees, What else do you want, an average degree cost over £32000 to complete. and when completed, you refused the visa because of £800.

I am ashamed

Infact - See you another time
Bye