ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:22 pm

lesbere wrote:Hi guys especially Igraa and those still waiting for their visa, plz be rest assured that these guys are not looking to reject you. If your application is well packaged, don't worry about the time because sometimes it may not come when others come but it will come. As long as all your documents are genuine, you don't have to be worried, just take your time and wait. Wish you all good luck.

I love this forum and allll its memebers..lesbere u, vks, mohan and all others who I cant recall have helped me so much..cant tell u how it feels coz in times like these when there is such less hopes, words matter alot and the only way i keep moving and working all day long is when i get lil hope from u ppl..all i can do is to wish u guys luck and blessings for u and ur families..I will notify the min sumthing happens :)

***Mohan****
Newly Registered

Post by ***Mohan**** » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Iqraa wrote:
lesbere wrote:Hi guys especially Igraa and those still waiting for their visa, plz be rest assured that these guys are not looking to reject you. If your application is well packaged, don't worry about the time because sometimes it may not come when others come but it will come. As long as all your documents are genuine, you don't have to be worried, just take your time and wait. Wish you all good luck.

I love this forum and allll its memebers..lesbere u, vks, mohan and all others who I cant recall have helped me so much..cant tell u how it feels coz in times like these when there is such less hopes, words matter alot and the only way i keep moving and working all day long is when i get lil hope from u ppl..all i can do is to wish u guys luck and blessings for u and ur families..I will notify the min sumthing happens :)
Hai Iqraa its happening for every body and every body in the same position, what ever we can do it, we did well nothing we can do more than that and its not in our hand, be patience every thing will be sortout in few days by god grace every thing will be fine dont worry, .have a good reply from home office. wish u all the best.
cheers
Mohan

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:37 pm

***Mohan**** wrote:
Iqraa wrote:

Hai Iqraa its happening for every body and every body in the same position, what ever we can do it, we did well nothing we can do more than that and its not in our hand, be patience every thing will be sortout in few days by god grace every thing will be fine dont worry, .have a good reply from home office. wish u all the best.
cheers
Mohan
I can relate to how Igraa and others still expecting their visa are feeling especially when you want to travel. I can attest to the fact that i was a silent reader of this forum for well over a year and I can say if not for this forum my visa would have been rejected, there were things i thought i knew that were wrong and One thing I learnt from someone in this forum is about how you prepare your application, " you are a highly skilled migrant prepare your application like someone who is highly skilled". I learnt that with support from seniors and Gurus in this board you are less likely to make mistakes. I have since recommended this forum to my friends. Once again wish you all good luck and happy married life Igraa.

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:03 am

Hi Guys,

To give u some updates (though not that relevant but then it helps me to start work once I pour out my heart here):

Sami had his tickets booked for Saturday and he had made this Etihad booking way back when the ticket costed him just 500..48 hrs before the flight he has to postpone and let Etihad know else its going to turn out to be no show with half payment deduction. So keeping in mind the 48 hrs thing, today is the last day we have to see and wait for the visa. Even if he moves his flight 3 days ahead, its costing him almost 400 pounds (50 penalty + 350 difference in ticket prices then and now coz of booking a flight just at the difference of three days)...more over he had already paid 500..so this all is going to turn out to be a real fiasco but then nothing is in our hands..

The real dilemma lies in here and sumthing that made me highly upset with him. At he time of submitting application to Royal mail he went for the special delivery option (the pre paid one) but got receipt with tracking number for sending the application but forgot to collect the receipt for return of visa/PP..I kept arguing that shouldn't it be same for sending and receiving but he said no the tracking for sending the appl is different from the tracking num for receiving it..so now he has no way to go back and track and see if his application has been dispatched or is it still lying with them..

So today before canceling his tickets, he has taken off from work for half day and is goign back to Reading (from where he had posted his application) to the Royal Mail Post Office to see if there is any way he could get that tracking number back (the one which he should use to track return of his things)..If he gets it and after tracking we get to know that his pp has been dispatched, then we wont go for rescheduling of tickets and will try our luck hoping to get it anytime before Saturday..

I just want to know one thing. Is he right about this that the tracking slip and num for sending and receiving is different? Shouldnt it b this way that same tracking num works for sending the application to border agency and then using same to see if the application has been dispatched from thr?

karthik1
Newly Registered

Got my papers

Post by karthik1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Applied : 5-12-2009
Reached :7-12-2009
Amount deducted : 7-12-2009
Letter recieved : 8-12-2009
Visa Letter : 04-01-2010
Docs Recieved : 12-01-2010

Got my docs yesterday, but home office had actually posted it by 4th Jan...Due to bad weather Royal mail had made such a delay..

Iqraa have been going through your posts, i also applied from oxford only & do not worry you should recieve it any time, its because of this weather , Royal mail is not delivering any post

karthik.

rev
Newly Registered

Post by rev » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:07 pm

Type: HSMP to Tier 1 (General) In-country application
Points claimed: 75+20
Application date: 09-Dec-2009 by Royal mail special delivery
Payment deducted : 10th Dec 2009
Reference Number Received: 10 Dec 2009 ( letter dated)
Approval Date: 06th Jan 2010
Document received: 12 Jan 2010 (missed delivery and collected mail yesterday evening.)
Visa valid till: 07 March 2013

Thanks for all the people of this website for providing loads of information and the help you posted in these forums.

edit: corrected approval date.
Last edited by rev on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

lesbere
- thin ice -

Re: Got my papers

Post by lesbere » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:34 pm

karthik1 wrote:Applied : 5-12-2009

Got my docs yesterday, but home office had actually posted it by 4th Jan...Due to bad weather Royal mail had made such a delay..

Iqraa have been going through your posts, i also applied from oxford only & do not worry you should recieve it any time, its because of this weather , Royal mail is not delivering any post

karthik.
Congrat karthink1. Your post will be a big relief for Igraa. The weather has not helped matters at all.

ahmaduet
Newly Registered

Post by ahmaduet » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:00 pm

hi
how can approval and delivery date can be the same day?

rev wrote:Type: HSMP to Tier 1 (General) In-country application
Points claimed: 75+20
Application date: 09-Dec-2009 by Royal mail special delivery
Payment deducted : 10th Dec 2009
Approval Date: 12th Jan 2010
Document received: 12 Jan 2010 (missed delivery and collected mail yesterday evening.)
Visa valid till: 07 March 2013

Thanks for all the people of this website for providing loads of information and the help you posted in these forums.

number99
Newly Registered

Post by number99 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Hey Guys,

Got my tier 1 today.
Points Claimed : 100
Filed from VFS Hyderabad on 29.12.09.
Sent to HC on 30.12.09
Went under processing 04.01.10
Approved on 10.01.10
Received on 13.01.10.

It was an in person collection from VFS. Thanks for your help and guidance everybody.

Wish you all good luck !

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:52 am

lesbere wrote:

karthik.
Congrat karthink1. Your post will be a big relief for Igraa. The weather has not helped matters at all.

Guys,

I have been going through Karthik and your posts..yeah its a relief to see that someone from same dates has received it atlast..ok lemme tell u yesterday Sami got his tickets moved ahead to 21st January..it costed him another 250 but then we had no other choice as changing the seat is not possible within the last 48hrs..anyhow he has been getting all his mails from royal mail everyday in his box other than the one required :) now we hav days of today, fri and sat and mon as well..lets see what happens..

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:55 am

lesbere wrote:

karthik.

Hey Karthik..u had received it so late..was it thru royal mails special delivery and or recorded one? What time do they usually deliver, the special delivery one?

karthik1
Newly Registered

Post by karthik1 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:28 am

Iqraa wrote:
lesbere wrote:

karthik.

Hey Karthik..u had received it so late..was it thru royal mails special delivery and or recorded one? What time do they usually deliver, the special delivery one?
Hi Iqraa,

I had actually had an special delivery envelope along with my docs when i applied but i think due to snow Royal Mail has cancelled all Special delivery(thats what they have mentioned in the Royal Mail's website). It came in afternoon between 1-3pm

***Mohan****
Newly Registered

Post by ***Mohan**** » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:09 pm

any body got visa, those for payment dudected on 11th dec 09

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

have you applied on 11th Dec? I applied on 15 Dec and still awaiting

***Mohan****
Newly Registered

Post by ***Mohan**** » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:37 pm

adnanmirza wrote:have you applied on 11th Dec? I applied on 15 Dec and still awaiting
I have applied on 7th December and reference letter dated on 9th December, money deducted on 11th December

cheers

ahmaduet
Newly Registered

Post by ahmaduet » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:42 pm

hi mohan

i got delivery yesterday but missed.i will try to collect today.fingers crossed
***Mohan**** wrote:
adnanmirza wrote:have you applied on 11th Dec? I applied on 15 Dec and still awaiting
I have applied on 7th December and reference letter dated on 9th December, money deducted on 11th December

cheers

kiran25
Newly Registered

Post by kiran25 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:47 pm

Type: Tier 2 to Tier 1 (General) In-country application
Points claimed: 110
Application date: 04-Dec-2009
Approval Date: 12th Jan 2010
Document received: 15 Jan 2010
Visa valid till:12 Jan 2013

Thanks to all the contributors on this forum. you are doing a great service.

GGreg
Newly Registered

Waiting times

Post by GGreg » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:33 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/
During the week commencing 18 January 2010, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 21 December 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.

ahmaduet
Newly Registered

Post by ahmaduet » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:02 pm

Points claimed: 100+20
Application date: 08-Dec-2009 by Royal mail special delivery
Payment deducted : 09-Dec 2009
Approval Date: 08th Jan 2010
Document received: 14 Jan 2010 (missed delivery and collected mail today 15 Jan 2010.)
Visa valid till: 23 Jan 2013

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:31 pm

karthik1 wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
lesbere wrote:

karthik.

Hi Iqraa,

I had actually had an special delivery envelope along with my docs when i applied but i think due to snow Royal Mail has cancelled all Special delivery(thats what they have mentioned in the Royal Mail's website). It came in afternoon between 1-3pm

Karthik, Lesbere :) andall others:

Atlast :) we got it..heheheheh

Application date: 07-Dec-2009 by Royal mail special delivery
Payment deducted : 08-Dec 2009
Approval Date: 07th Jan 2010

Hey thanks alot u guys :) i wudnt ever forget the courtesy and the help i have had from all of u guys :) God bless u all :)

ArthurHarper
Newly Registered

Post by ArthurHarper » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Type: HSMP to Tier 1 (General) Extension
Application date: 10-Dec-2009 by Royal mail special delivery
Payment deducted : 14th Dec 2009
Reference Number Received: Never
Approval Date: 8th Jan 2010
Visa valid till: 10 Jan 2013

Thanks for the help.

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Iqraa wrote:
karthik1 wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
lesbere wrote:

Hi Iqraa,

Karthik, Lesbere :) andall others:

Atlast :) we got it..heheheheh

Application date: 07-Dec-2009 by Royal mail special delivery
Payment deducted : 08-Dec 2009
Approval Date: 07th Jan 2010

Hey thanks alot u guys :) i wudnt ever forget the courtesy and the help i have had from all of u guys :) God bless u all :)
Congratulations, take your time and prepare for your marriage.

***Mohan****
Newly Registered

Post by ***Mohan**** » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:23 am

sucessfully got the visa :)

HSMP to Tier1 extension :
Application date on reference letter :09 Dec 09
Fee Debited - 11 Dec 09
got the visa on : 15 jan-2010

thank you for all

All the best for my friends

cheers

water786
Newly Registered

Post by water786 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:00 pm

HI All,

I sent my visa for HSMP tier1 general on 23rd Nov
Fee deducted on 24th Nov and acknowledgement letter received on 24th Nov.
But since then I am waiting no response no reply. I also attached self address envelope but i cant find tracking number on receipt.
Can you please suggest what I should do other than wait.

Thanks

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:49 pm

water786 wrote:HI All,

I sent my visa for HSMP tier1 general on 23rd Nov
Fee deducted on 24th Nov and acknowledgement letter received on 24th Nov.
But since then I am waiting no response no reply. I also attached self address envelope but i cant find tracking number on receipt.
Can you please suggest what I should do other than wait.

Thanks

u can call them and ask about it. they might not help you as 14 weeks have not passed. good luck