ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Notice Period and Job market in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sandy0103
Newly Registered

Job Notice Period and Job market in UK

Post by Sandy0103 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi all,

I have some queries below. Right now I am in INDIA. I have UK General Tier1 Visa.

1. Is around March be right time to come to UK for search of jobs?
2. I have a job in India. If I come to UK for job search without resigning from here in India. if suppose, I get a job there in UK. Is it possible for me to ask for 1 month notice period to join in UK? (becuase i have to come to India to resign my current job) Or will they expect me to join immediately?
3. if you have any other suggestion please suggest me.

Thanks,
Sandy

mahdi

Post by mahdi » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:16 pm

may I ask what is your job ?

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:39 pm

for permanent job, 1 month notice is fine while for contact ones, it is usually shorter.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Job Notice Period and Job market in UK

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:46 am

Sandy0103 wrote:Hi all,

I have some queries below. Right now I am in INDIA. I have UK General Tier1 Visa.

2. I have a job in India. If I come to UK for job search without resigning from here in India. if suppose, I get a job there in UK. Is it possible for me to ask for 1 month notice period to join in UK? (becuase i have to come to India to resign my current job) Or will they expect me to join immediately?

Thanks,
Sandy

for permanent work notice period will okie.
for ILR you may need more than one extn as ILR time starts once you come here.

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: Job Notice Period and Job market in UK

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Your first entry is considered as the start date for ILR and even if you are 1 month away from UK it should be ok considering you keep the time off per year and total time off for the 5 year period within the limits set for ILR.

kiranchinnu wrote:
Sandy0103 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks,
Sandy

for permanent work notice period will okie.
for ILR you may need more than one extn as ILR time starts once you come here.

Sandy0103
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy0103 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Sorry guys!! I am totally confused. Pardon me !! I am a newbie for this topic. Hence I am NOT sure what an ILR is and Why are we speaking about ILR, when I have General Tier1 visa.

I have visited UK last April stayed there for a week time and have come back to India.

So for contract jobs normally whats the notice period? BTW i am a software engineer.