ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions w.r.t. an initial Tier 1 application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

johnnyng
Newly Registered

Few questions w.r.t. an initial Tier 1 application

Post by johnnyng » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to apply for a Tier 1 visa within UK and I have a few questions that I would be very grateful if you can help me.

1. I had a master with Southampton University but I graduated in 2005. Can I still be able to claim point using my degree?

2. Do I need to get a headed letter from Soton uni to confirm that I have graduated and attend the course or only the original award certificate is enough.

3. About the maintenance funds, I always put money straight into my saving (FirstDirect Everyday eSaver). As such, my current account is always below 800 but my saving is always more. Also, I only have online bank statement since I opted for it. Can I just print them out and get them stamped by a HSBC branch (owner or FirstDirect) or I need to get FirstDirect to send me a letter confirming that I have enough fund in my account and I can withdraw anytime?

Thank you very much,

Johnny

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Few questions w.r.t. an initial Tier 1 application

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:37 am

johnnyng wrote:Hi all,

I am trying to apply for a Tier 1 visa within UK and I have a few questions that I would be very grateful if you can help me.

1. I had a master with Southampton University but I graduated in 2005. Can I still be able to claim point using my degree?
-- Yes you can claim if your Degree n University are listed in PBS CalCULATOR n if it gives points for education

2. Do I need to get a headed letter from Soton uni to confirm that I have graduated and attend the course or only the original award certificate is enough.

-- same as above; ORIGINALS Degree Certificate is enough

3. About the maintenance funds, I always put money straight into my saving (FirstDirect Everyday eSaver). As such, my current account is always below 800 but my saving is always more. Also, I only have online bank statement since I opted for it. Can I just print them out and get them stamped by a HSBC branch (owner or FirstDirect) or I need to get FirstDirect to send me a letter confirming that I have enough fund in my account and I can withdraw anytime?

-- For online accounts u need the bankstatements to be attested/ signed and attach letter properly worded;

Thank you very much,

Johnny

johnnyng
Newly Registered

Post by johnnyng » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:16 am

Thank you,

Johnny