ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR QUERY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harryb47
Newly Registered

ILR QUERY

Post by harryb47 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:01 am

Hi ,
Iam on Tier 1 & I would like to apply for ILR IN June 2011 .I just want to know how long i can stay out of country for the entire 5 yrs period .
One more question is My wife is in India & she has stayed with me for 2.5 yrs
before going to India .She will come to UK in MAY 2011 .Can i apply for her at the same time in June 2011 .So what is the requirement for Spouse .
Thanks,
Regards,
Hareesh

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:33 am

Its situational and mostly depends on how the case worker is viewing your application. However it is recommanded that you do not spend more then 90 days in a single year and more then 180 days in the entire five year period outside the UK.

When did your wife left the UK ? Normally if you can prove that she has stayed with you for around two years than it should be fine (although, you need to check on this if she hasn't been living with you since a long time recently.

You should be able to apply in June 2011 from the information you have provided.