ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - very confused, please help !!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hsmp_tw3
Newly Registered

ILR - very confused, please help !!!

Post by hsmp_tw3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:08 am

Hi,

I am in hsmp(JR) category, my 4 years period will complete on 5March (I arrived on 5March four years back) my hsmp FLR is still valid till december, the questions that are confusing me are:

1. Can I apply 28days earlier prior to my 4 years completion date means 7Feb ?

2. Do I have to wait till 5March then I can apply ?

3. I will get fourth P60 in the first week of April, should I wait till i get fourth P60 and then apply ?

4. I had baby 2 weeks back and all i have got for baby is birth certificate, should i include baby in my ILR application with only birth certificate or apply for baby's passport of my current nationality and include baby with baby's passport ?

5. Can I exclude baby from ILR application and after getting ILR, apply for uk nationality registration of baby (based on baby born in uk and parents having ILR)

please reply.

thanks

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:11 pm

1. Can I apply 28days earlier prior to my 4 years completion date means 7Feb ?

Make sure that you cound 28 days correctly but yes, you can apply before 28 days from your 4 years completion date.

2. Do I have to wait till 5March then I can apply ?

As above

3. I will get fourth P60 in the first week of April, should I wait till i get fourth P60 and then apply ?

You do not have to but make sure that you have all your pay slips instead

4. I had baby 2 weeks back and all i have got for baby is birth certificate, should i include baby in my ILR application with only birth certificate or apply for baby's passport of my current nationality and include baby with baby's passport ?

Babys are given a stamp on seperate paper if they do not have the passport so include babys application with yours to save money and extra processing..

5. Can I exclude baby from ILR application and after getting ILR, apply for uk nationality registration of baby (based on baby born in uk and parents having ILR)

I can not see a good reason to do so :-)

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your baby

You do not have to include your baby with your application. you can as you do what you have mentioned in no 5. The day you get your ILR you can go ahead and apply for your baby's registration