ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My ILR experience: a short story : Tragedy/comedy/happy end

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UK_UK_UK
Newly Registered

My ILR experience: a short story : Tragedy/comedy/happy end

Post by UK_UK_UK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:42 am

Here goes my story ....

I after trying my appointment for almost 1 month back in november , had got one in solihull for the month of jan . Since weather was bad i reached sollihull the day before in the evening and stayed @ a hotel just 5 mins from PEO ....

Got up early in the morning had a cofee and was about to leave to Peo in an hours time ..got a voice mail from PEO "we are unable to process ur application today , please cal xxxx , we will book you for next week "

I got a shock of my life and i called again the 08** No and to my luck i got an operator in 2 minutes ....i first thanked him ... and told him my dilemma ... he said next appointment in solihull is feb 24th ....haaah cant imagine collecting payslips , bank statements again ....

He asked me any other preference .. I told gimme anything which is available asap anywhere in UK please ...... I was lucky enough some good guy might have cancelled his appointment in croydon , i got it for friday (yesterday) .......and my manager was kind enough to give me leave again ...

I got my appointent around 3 pm .....but the day before i again got a call from HO and said that i need to come in as early as possible as croydon office MUST close by 6 on friday for some planned reasons ...

I said Yes and booked my hotel for thursday @ jurys inn just opposite HO in croydon and on friday @ 7 am walked to HO .....

I told the security that my apointment was @ 3 but was asked to come as early as possible ..So went in by 8 am ...

I had a best experience @ croydon with very polite and helpful and smiling people ....

I walked in to interview room after initial checks and fees and i came back smiling @ 10 am or so ........

All my paper works were intact

1) p60 and p45 all 5 years
2) 3 pay slips
3) Letter from employer (even if u r TIER1)
4) 3 months bank statements ....

5) The immigration Mumbai office stamp when i once reached india ,,just was not visible but just had 2007 on it ..So dates were not clear ...I had ran earlier to Jet airlines and requested them a letter stating that i travelled from london to mumbai on xxxxxx . But when i showed her the letter @ HO ..she said not needed as in one click she can get a complete history of u ....when u went ...when u came etc .what u did ..who u r etc .But i was just ready with letter ...

A smiling cool angel like lady was my interviewer . No questions asked ......polite as heaven ...

Which started as a bad thing ended good ...

Now you may ask why the hell i booked and wasted hotel bookings etc ...

My answer to that : ILR was a Dream for me ....and when you chase ur dreams ...people do crazy stuffss :)

good luck guys and this forum is worth a 200 million pounds .....

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Congratulations UK_UK_UK!!
Did you apply as WP + 5 years?

UK_UK_UK
Newly Registered

Post by UK_UK_UK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Jk2007 wrote:Congratulations UK_UK_UK!!
Did you apply as WP + 5 years?
combination

wp + hsmp + tier1 (g) extension

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:11 pm

hi,
your p60s are original or pdf copies? Any idea if they accept copies- color print?

Thanks

UK_UK_UK
Newly Registered

Post by UK_UK_UK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:21 pm

brandnew wrote:hi,
your p60s are original or pdf copies? Any idea if they accept copies- color print?

Thanks
They are very particular that docs are original as far as i know .

if not original you need a lot of other proofs/reasons to convince them ..

Your company is legally BOUND to pass you original P60s , p45 etc ....you can ask them for a original hard copy . Tell then you are filing tax returns and HMRC wants them etc ....

bpandrate

Post by bpandrate » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:00 am

Hi congrats,

I have a question to you pls. As i want to apply in person soon pls tell me will HO check your documents in first step or not if so will they advise you about any documents needed or not qualified yet kind of ...things before you pay your fee.

Cause as i might not be eligible in some cases or might be ..if they do advise after checking documents to go ahead for paying fee only i want to go ahead for applying as it cost too much , please could you tell me if this happens or not?

thanks in advance

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:04 am

yay congrats!!!!!
I tell it like it is.

adc055

Post by adc055 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi my situation is the same as yours wp+wp renewal+hsmp+tier1. I have a question. I seemed have lost the first wp original paper, would it be matter when apply for IRL? I see you ain't mentioning wp, hsmp and tier 1 original letters, aint they necessary for the interview?

Regards,

Kun

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:50 pm

adc055 wrote:Hi my situation is the same as yours wp+wp renewal+hsmp+tier1. I have a question. I seemed have lost the first wp original paper, would it be matter when apply for IRL? I see you ain't mentioning wp, hsmp and tier 1 original letters, aint they necessary for the interview?

Regards,

Kun
Make sure you have all other WP papers in place. You can also get copy of your WP etc from HO by requesting it in SAR report.

Turnham
Newly Registered

Re: My ILR experience: a short story : Tragedy/comedy/happy

Post by Turnham » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Thank you for sharing the story :)
UK_UK_UK wrote:Here goes my story ....

5) The immigration Mumbai office stamp when i once reached india ,,just was not visible but just had 2007 on it ..So dates were not clear ...I had ran earlier to Jet airlines and requested them a letter stating that i travelled from london to mumbai on xxxxxx . But when i showed her the letter @ HO ..she said not needed as in one click she can get a complete history of u ....when u went ...when u came etc .what u did ..who u r etc .But i was just ready with letter ...
This is one part I don't understand - obviously the dates of arrival are shown by UK Immigration stamps in the passport and may be entered in the system, but how do they have the dates of departure? Stamps of destination country are not a reliable way to go, as some countries don't stamp some passports + one may travel with more than one passport sometimes.

Could it be that she just trusted you with the dates? I can hardly imagine how they would keep track of people absences until they start registering departures like they do on the Continent.

If anyone knows more about it, would be nice to have the details.

Specifically if there are known cases when one NEEDS to bring proof of absences to PEO to avoid being turned around and losing the appointment (if not the whole fee). Thanks!

UK_UK_UK
Newly Registered

Post by UK_UK_UK » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:39 pm

bpandrate wrote:Hi congrats,

I have a question to you pls. As i want to apply in person soon pls tell me will HO check your documents in first step or not if so will they advise you about any documents needed or not qualified yet kind of ...things before you pay your fee.

Cause as i might not be eligible in some cases or might be ..if they do advise after checking documents to go ahead for paying fee only i want to go ahead for applying as it cost too much , please could you tell me if this happens or not?

thanks in advance
Hi ,

Yes . there is a check of docs in ground floor ..before they allow u to 2nd floor ..So definitely if u miss something ...they will not allow u

UK_UK_UK
Newly Registered

Post by UK_UK_UK » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:41 pm

adc055 wrote:Hi my situation is the same as yours wp+wp renewal+hsmp+tier1. I have a question. I seemed have lost the first wp original paper, would it be matter when apply for IRL? I see you ain't mentioning wp, hsmp and tier 1 original letters, aint they necessary for the interview?

Regards,

Kun
No mate ... they did not ask for any wps .... that they can get from their system ....Only take care of p60 , payslips , bank statements , uk test , nothing else

UK_UK_UK
Newly Registered

Re: My ILR experience: a short story : Tragedy/comedy/happy

Post by UK_UK_UK » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Turnham wrote:Thank you for sharing the story :)
UK_UK_UK wrote:Here goes my story ....

This is one part I don't understand - obviously the dates of arrival are shown by UK Immigration stamps in the passport and may be entered in the system, but how do they have the dates of departure? Stamps of destination country are not a reliable way to go, as some countries don't stamp some passports + one may travel with more than one passport sometimes.

Could it be that she just trusted you with the dates? I can hardly imagine how they would keep track of people absences until they start registering departures like they do on the Continent.

If anyone knows more about it, would be nice to have the details.

Specifically if there are known cases when one NEEDS to bring proof of absences to PEO to avoid being turned around and losing the appointment (if not the whole fee). Thanks!

Hi ,

I think they can know the date u left uk and u entered uk ....
when u leave uk , they i think scan our passport onto their machine .

i remember them doing @ heathrow ...