ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First entry in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cisadi

First entry in the UK

Post by Cisadi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:37 am

"When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the
date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay
on which this application is based."

I came to UK in 2001 but go WP in 2005 so should I state the date of 2001 or 2005.

Logically I think it would be the date on which my WP stamp says its valid from but I thought it's worth double checking. Please someone comfirm this for me.

Thanks.

diago_nelson

Re: First entry in the UK

Post by diago_nelson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:43 am

If you are aplying on he basis of WP, then Yes. It should be 2005.
Date on which you got your WP.
Cisadi wrote:"When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the
date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay
on which this application is based."

I came to UK in 2001 but go WP in 2005 so should I state the date of 2001 or 2005.

Logically I think it would be the date on which my WP stamp says its valid from but I thought it's worth double checking. Please someone comfirm this for me.

Thanks.

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Thanks mate, :-)

One more question, I was granted WP letter on 30th Jan but the valid from date on the visa stamp was 4th of Fab.

Which date should I be using provided that I was in the UK during this time under the student visa?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:00 pm

Cisadi wrote:Thanks mate, :-)

One more question, I was granted WP letter on 30th Jan but the valid from date on the visa stamp was 4th of Fab.

Which date should I be using provided that I was in the UK during this time under the student visa?
the date of the stamp in passport

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Thanks f2k :-) I believe they do not bother about what did you do before the time of visa stamp on the passport