ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

our india
BANNED

Re: SPOUSE VISA

Post by our india » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:56 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
our india wrote:
(Wy jesteście ) ?
I speak only a bit of Polish (even though I understand more) but I know this is wrong :) You say 'Wy Jestescie' when you address more than one persons, just like in Urdu we say 'aap log'.

If you address one person, then it should be 'Jestes' :)
I dont speak polish but I manage to remember some words that my polish friend tought me. Its bit difficult language. Thanks for correction. Right Now I am learning potohary language ( local pakistani language ) from my pakistani wife. Its also difficult but interesting language and I speak only a bit as well like 'Tosah na kay hal hai'? (app ka keya hall hai?)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 pm

I dont speak polish but I manage to remember some words that my polish friend tought me. Its bit difficult language. Thanks for correction. Right Now I am learning potohary language ( local pakistani language ) from my pakistani wife. Its also difficult but interesting language and I speak only a bit as well like 'Tosah na kay hal hai'? (app ka keya hall hai?)
If you want to speak Pashto, then you need to come to me or Inwarsaw...lol

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 pm

our india wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:
our india wrote:
(Wy jesteście ) ?
I speak only a bit of Polish (even though I understand more) but I know this is wrong :) You say 'Wy Jestescie' when you address more than one persons, just like in Urdu we say 'aap log'.

Hang on, are you Indian with a Pakistani wife ?
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

our india
BANNED

Post by our india » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:11 pm

batleykhan wrote:
If you want to speak Pashto, then you need to come to me or Inwarsaw...lol
I know bit pashto as well. my great great grand parents were from Attock (Cambelpur). And my inlaws belong Rawalpindi.

our india
BANNED

Post by our india » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:11 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
our india wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:
our india wrote:
(Wy jesteście ) ?

Hang on, are you Indian with a Pakistani wife ?

Yes she is pakistani british.

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:05 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Hi Batley Khan,

Could you please advise what evidence i need to gather for my spouses ILR in 2 years time. Or is there another thread on this forum for this topic?
There is a seperate thread for ILR in which you can ask questions about ILR.

In my last comment to someone, I was basically pointing out that in 2 yrs time when his wife applys for ILR, he has to have at least 6 seperate documents from official sources spread over 2 year period to send with applicationt.

I have noticed a lot of people saying that they have difficulty doing this becos they never started collating the docs in the firts year.Its only in the last 6 months they start worrying and panicking.

Official documents need to be in either individuals own or in joint names at the same address.

These could be from places such as hospital/doctors when the wife joins teh surgery or is pregnant and recieving treatment, to places like DSS when she applies for NI card etc. as for husband he can provide utilit bills, bank letters, corrspondence from Tax Office etc, DVLA etc.

Remember they have to be spread over 2 yrs
Hi Batley Khan
Do you have a link to the thread please.

Luckily My wife has only been here 2 months so i can start preping early
Regards,

Baz

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:53 pm

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:20 pm

I know bit pashto as well. my great great grand parents were from Attock (Cambelpur).
Lol.... we do have something in common then, as I am from Attock myself :D :lol:

our india
BANNED

Post by our india » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:53 pm

batleykhan wrote:
I know bit pashto as well. my great great grand parents were from Attock (Cambelpur).
Lol.... we do have something in common then, as I am from Attock myself :D :lol:

Great. my relatives lives near around 'Bijlee Ghar' in Attock city. Last year I visited Pakistan for couple of weeks with my wife. I was a very good experience. I really enjoyed alot. Most of time I spent in R.Pindi. I went to Attock city. If I'm not wrong, it took almost 2 and half hours from R.Pindi. I also went to Hussan Abdaal and Fatah Jung.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:23 pm

our india wrote:
Great. my relatives lives near around 'Bijlee Ghar' in Attock city.
Almost every city in Pakistan has an area called 'Bijli Ghar' :D
Your wife can explain why if you want to know !

I have been to Attock only once. One of my friends was in love with a girl from there ( don't remember the name of the place but it was a small town near the riverside ) and they were to meet.

Me and a couple of others went as bodyguards :D:D

owais5
Newly Registered

query

Post by owais5 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:28 pm

I have been following this very helpful thread esp for spousal visa applications from Pakistan. I am just worried i have applied for my wifes settlement visa as Tier 1 PBS dependanct. COuple of my friends exactly in the same situation have applied and got their visas rejected on grounds that they could lnot prove how many rooms they owned in tenancy and whether or not it was a shared accomadation.

Here I must say I rent my flat and own two rooms while the third room is rented by my brother. I have provided council tax letter, tenancy agreements ( attested by scottish lawyer) , and electricity bills. Would this suffice especially considering the trend i am observing of visa refusals due to inadequate accomadation details provided by the sponsors.

let me know what you guys think esp Batley Khan appreciated . My wife applied on 11 jan and also one more thing that my wife has forgotten to submit her birth certifcate. As my case is under process now is there any possibility I could submit additional docs to abu dhabi if yes could someone please provide me with the correct address

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:49 pm

I have been to Attock only once. One of my friends was in love with a girl from there ( don't remember the name of the place but it was a small town near the riverside ) and they were to meet.

Me and a couple of others went as bodyguards Very HappyVery Happy
I am suprised he only came with two bodyguards, because if anybody messes about with our girls, they usually dont make it back across the river into NWFP :D :lol:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:56 pm

I have been following this very helpful thread esp for spousal visa applications from Pakistan. I am just worried i have applied for my wifes settlement visa as Tier 1 PBS dependanct. COuple of my friends exactly in the same situation have applied and got their visas rejected on grounds that they could lnot prove how many rooms they owned in tenancy and whether or not it was a shared accomadation.

Here I must say I rent my flat and own two rooms while the third room is rented by my brother. I have provided council tax letter, tenancy agreements ( attested by scottish lawyer) , and electricity bills. Would this suffice especially considering the trend i am observing of visa refusals due to inadequate accomadation details provided by the sponsors.

let me know what you guys think esp Batley Khan appreciated . My wife applied on 11 jan and also one more thing that my wife has forgotten to submit her birth certifcate. As my case is under process now is there any possibility I could submit additional docs to abu dhabi if yes could someone please provide me with the correct address
Whilst it is ok to state that your accomadation is a 2/3 bedroom flat etc, did you provide a photograph of it,so the ECO can see them with his own eyes what you have stated.

Two rooms should be enough for you. Dont worry about your wife bith certificate as its not a requirement.

If you have any refs no for your wifes application, then yes you can send the documents but how do you know it was sent to AD and not London?

our india
BANNED

Post by our india » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:45 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
our india wrote:
Great. my relatives lives near around 'Bijlee Ghar' in Attock city.
Almost every city in Pakistan has an area called 'Bijli Ghar' :D
Your wife can explain why if you want to know !

Me and a couple of others went as bodyguards :D:D
I'm sorry. Its called 'Muhala Bijli Ghar'. Bartleykhan might know this area.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Having read a large number of posts from Pakistani applicants,it appears that most people are asking the same questions over and over again, or seem to be making the same mistakes and getting refused,

I have decided to write this document which may help to resolve /answer some of the queries/rejections.

Please note these are just my own personal opinions and suggestions and do not constitute any advice. If you want proffesional advice, please seek it from an OISC registered advisor.

In time some of the procedures may change, so please checkthe UKBA website for latest information.

Whilst this is article is primarily aimed at Pakistanis applicants, the requirements are more a less same for other spouse settlements from certain other countries

[quote]Spouse Visa for Pakistani Applicants.

Introduction.

Hello and welcome folks. I have prepared this document to help and guide those of you who have got married to someone who is present and settled in the United Kingdom. In order to join your spouse in the UK, you have to first of all obtain the necessary visa to join your spouse. You and your sponsor (spouse) should read this document and ensure each of you provide the correct documents

A spouse visa is issued to applicants who have married a British citizen (or the person is a permanent resident of the UK)

It is issued by the British High Commission/Embassy where the applicant has a claim to normal residence or citizenship.

The visa itself runs for 27 months and is probationary.
During the probationary period, the applicant cannot seek access to public funds (See list below of what are termed as “public fundsâ€

lubzy

Thank You Mr Batley Khan!!

Post by lubzy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:04 pm

It is very rare in this day and age for anyone to devote such time and intellectual knowledge to help others whilst asking for nothing in return. It is truly appreciated by everyone you have helped.

I would like to ask your advice on one thing; following allowed appeals, if someone does not receive a call letter even 9-10 weeks after the hearing date, is it likely that a letter will still arrive without intervention?

As a general question open to anyone who may be able to assist from their personal experience, is there an e-mail contact address or telephone number where any user of this forum has successfully received a response, particularly when chasing a call letter? I have tried a couple of the e-mail addresses listed on this forum in past posts but have only received the standard automated response.

Many Thanks

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:10 pm

This is bloody hell. You deserve a big big thanks from everyone. If I knew so many things, I would rather make money out of it instead of rolling it out free :D

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi,

Resubmitted wifes settlement visa application on the 8th January 2010.

I received email from Abu Dhabi today telling me the application has been processed. How long roughly would it be until my wife receives decision ?

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:14 pm

This is bloody hell. You deserve a big big thanks from everyone. If I knew so many things, I would rather make money out of it instead of rolling it out free Very Happy
Yes I know I can, but I dont want to. That is why I offer my services here free. The dua people make for me when I help them is priceless not the money. :wink:

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:17 pm

batleykhan wrote:
This is bloody hell. You deserve a big big thanks from everyone. If I knew so many things, I would rather make money out of it instead of rolling it out free Very Happy
Yes I know I can, but I dont want to. That is why I offer my services here free. The dua people make for me when I help them is priceless not the money. :wink:
Thats very noble of you brother. Just had a quick question, my solicitor tells me that the security issues surrounding the Islamabad British Embassy make it impossible for any average joe to submit an application personally. One would certainly need to use a solicitor in Pakistan. Just wanted to know your thoughts regarding this, and also if this is true then will submitting my Mrs. application to Mirpur help me at all?

Thanks once again. Zak.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Thats very noble of you brother. Just had a quick question, my solicitor tells me that the security issues surrounding the Islamabad British Embassy make it impossible for any average joe to submit an application personally. One would certainly need to use a solicitor in Pakistan. Just wanted to know your thoughts regarding this, and also if this is true then will submitting my Mrs. application to Mirpur help me at all?

Thanks once again. Zak.
The embassy is shut to most people.

You do not hand your application there.

All applications are lodged with the Embassy's handling agents called Gerrys/Fedex in Islamabad,Mirpur,Lahore and karachi..

These forms are all then forwarded to either Abu Dhabi or London, where they are dealt and decisions are made.

The application are then returned to Pakistan where the applicants collect them.

On some rare occasion peoples are invited for an interview regards their application, but it is with strict appointment and stringent security checks

Read this link for more info

http://www.ukvacpk.com/contactus.aspx
Last edited by batleykhan on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

aziz123
Newly Registered

Post by aziz123 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:48 am

ASSALAMUALIKUM

i would like some help plz

i have heard from a friend that third party support is now allowed, in few months time my husband will be applying for a spouse visa from pakistan.

i have a 6 month baby and have started work, but only 1 day a week. need some advice on how much should i be earning, i live with my parents and my sister is willing to help with third part support, if this is allowed?
i have 3000 pounds in my bank and working but only 1 day,still looking for more days, only on child benefit, my sister who is willing to help me has over 10000 pounds. how strong will my case be? and when should i apply?

thankyou wasalam

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:24 am

batleykhan wrote:

Thanks once again. Zak.
The embassy is shut to most people.

You do not hand your application there.

All applications are lodged with the Embassy's handling agents called Gerrys/Fedex in Islamabad,Mirpur,Lahore and karachi..

These forms are all then forwarded to either Abu Dhabi or London, where they are dealt and decisions are made.

The application are then returned to Pakistan where the applicants collect them.

On some rare occasion peoples are invited for an interview regards their application, but it is with strict appointment and stringent security checks

Read this link for more info

http://www.ukvacpk.com/contactus.aspx
Thanks for that bro. What is your opinions on the 'agents' people commonly use in Pakistan to lodge applications? I've heard many horror stories of chicken ups where the agent did not know what he was doing.

Yet from the advise I've been given this is my only option.

Zak.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:28 am

aziz123 wrote:ASSALAMUALIKUM

i would like some help plz

i have heard from a friend that third party support is now allowed, in few months time my husband will be applying for a spouse visa from pakistan.

i have a 6 month baby and have started work, but only 1 day a week. need some advice on how much should i be earning, i live with my parents and my sister is willing to help with third part support, if this is allowed?
i have 3000 pounds in my bank and working but only 1 day,still looking for more days, only on child benefit, my sister who is willing to help me has over 10000 pounds. how strong will my case be? and when should i apply?

thankyou wasalam
Salaam sister, as far as I know you should have the equivilent of the income tax for a couple of your age, left over every week.

Don't count on the third party support yet, as it will at best be used to prove a point at an appeal stage.

Your savings will help, but if you are given money as a gift on your wedding make sure this is documented and then this too can count as your savings.

But most importantly of all, get the right advise. The folks on these forums are very generous with advice.

Zak.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:48 am

Zak

There is no need for you to use any agents. All you do is download and complete the application form from UKBA website.

Complete it yourself, and get your wife to sign it and then ask her to make an appointment with Fedex to have her TB and fingerprints done as well as hand the application in along with your supporting documents.

Once she has done that, that is the end of the story and your wait begins to hear the decision. Its something that you can do without the need of any agents.

If you want advise and assistance then maybe contact a reputable advisors such as IAS in Pakistan.

I think you will find that more than 90% of applications are done and dealt with by the person applying than getting agents involved