ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unable to get a family PEO appointment- suggestions needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajg2009
Newly Registered

Unable to get a family PEO appointment- suggestions needed

Post by rajg2009 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:15 pm

hi,
I am unable to get the family appointment at PEO. My work permit is valid till end of 2010, however I was told that the ILR policies are likely to change by this spring, where Tier2 ( I think is same as WP) will no longer be able to apply for ILR. So I am in a hurry to file my ILR, if I apply by post it will take 12-14 weeks which will be some time March/April.

I have managed to book an appointment (solo) and would like to understand whether I can apply for ILR alone and let my wife and kid be on workpermit (dependent), and later I'll apply for ILR for both of them as they both are in this country for more than two years.

Gurus please suggest whether this is a valid approach, and please let me know if there are any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance
raj

vg1
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by vg1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:27 am

Hi,
Just to let you all know that I got my appointment this morning after ringing 08706067766 for March 4th.
Much easier than applying online and it shows no appointments available mostly.

All the best

VG

kamalin10

Re: ILR

Post by kamalin10 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:29 am

Hi
which PEO did they give you?

vg1 wrote:Hi,
Just to let you all know that I got my appointment this morning after ringing 08706067766 for March 4th.
Much easier than applying online and it shows no appointments available mostly.

All the best

VG

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:51 pm

Who told you that Tier 2 visa guys are not eligible for ILR from spring this year.