ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:25 am

TTOE wrote:
rising_sun wrote:Type: HSMP to Tier 1 (General) In-country application
Application date: 21st Dec 2009 (by courier, but delayed due to snow)
Payment deducted : 23rd Dec 2009
Acknowledgement letter date: 23rd Dec 2009
Passport returned on 23rd Jan 2010 with Tier 1 visa

Thank you for all your support!
Hi, Did you enclose SD self addressed envelop with your application?

Many thanks.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Re: For urgent processing

Post by crusador0408 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:37 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
steetley10 wrote:Guru's,
I had applied for extension on 6th Jan and got a confirmation letter on remittance by 11th Jan.
I could see from the website that processing time on an average takes 1 month.
I need to travel urgently to India on Feb 1st week for my brothers marriage as it got arranged only after submitting the application. Did anyone had this situation before?
Appreciate your help..

Cheers.
Its going to be a tight situation; no option left than waiting;
There are options of getting passport back , but it all depends if you have more time left to apply after coming back before your visa expires.
Check out home office website. You may lose your fees though
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

steetley10
Newly Registered

Post by steetley10 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:50 pm

[quote="tvn_ramesh"][quote="steetley10"]Guru's,
I had applied for extension on 6th Jan and got a confirmation letter on remittance by 11th Jan.
I could see from the website that processing time on an average takes 1 month.
I need to travel urgently to India on Feb 1st week for my brothers marriage as it got arranged only after submitting the application. Did anyone had this situation before?
Appreciate your help..

Cheers.[/quote]

Its going to be a tight situation; no option left than waiting;[/quote]

Will it help if i send an urgency letter to them with my reference number? Anyone have done that before?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm

steetley10 wrote: Will it help if i send an urgency letter to them with my reference number? Anyone have done that before?
These days HO is very strict in dealing with Urgent Treatment requests and also UT forms should be sent atleast 2-3weeks ahead and also with proper proof and explanation.. and in case HO can not take decision by that time they will withdraw ur application without decision which is not good in somecases where expiry might be nearing and double Fees payment.. becos u have to apply aagain with new fees

And also it is upto to HO to treat your case as Urgent or not.. so there is no Guarantee on this..

babysmith
Newly Registered

Post by babysmith » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi all,

I am working in a college. Their sponsorship license for tier 4 suspended for last week. I am going to extend my tier 1 general visa next week. Will it be affected to my extension??? pls reply>>>>
Last edited by babysmith on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: tier 4 sponship license

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:38 pm

babysmith wrote:Hi all,

I am working in a college. Their sponsorship license for tier 4 suspended for last week. I am going to extend my tier 1 general visa next week. Will it be affected to my extension??? pls reply>>>>
I think both are completely different Tier1 visa holder can work for any company.. as long as you have enough points and relevant evidences that satisfy HO rules.. you shd be fine

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:16 pm

hi,
I have a 3 months old baby for which I need to apply Tier 1 General visa. I am the main applicant and already have visa till year 2013.

Can we book via telephone all day? Do I need to take baby as well if applying in person. The online booking system looks crap as it is not giving me any appointment at all.

Please help

solomon
Newly Registered

urgent help

Post by solomon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:26 am

SECTION D8 OF THE APPLICATION FORM: Give details of the journey, including where the applicant travelled from, ticket booking, reference number and transport operator.

MY Question:- I came to the UK as a student in 2003. I make use of Virgin Atlantic Airline. I know the exact date, but I can remember the TICKET BOOKING OR REFERENCE NUMBER. I've tried to see if I can get this even from anywhere but could not. What Can I fill in that section. Urgent reply needed.

[iD]

Re: urgent help

Post by [iD] » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:11 am

solomon wrote:SECTION D8 OF THE APPLICATION FORM: Give details of the journey, including where the applicant travelled from, ticket booking, reference number and transport operator.

MY Question:- I came to the UK as a student in 2003. I make use of Virgin Atlantic Airline. I know the exact date, but I can remember the TICKET BOOKING OR REFERENCE NUMBER. I've tried to see if I can get this even from anywhere but could not. What Can I fill in that section. Urgent reply needed.
Did you say yes to question D5? if No then you should just move to question D11

D5 basically asks if you don't have your passport that has the current visa

steetley10
Newly Registered

Post by steetley10 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:19 am

[quote="adnanmirza"]hi,
I have a 3 months old baby for which I need to apply Tier 1 General visa. I am the main applicant and already have visa till year 2013.

Can we book via telephone all day? Do I need to take baby as well if applying in person. The online booking system looks crap as it is not giving me any appointment at all.

Please help[/quote]

6 months ago, i was in a similar position. I just filled in the dependant form for my son and posted the application with his passport. I got the VISA stamped and the documentation in 2 weeks. It is a straight forward process.

tundefaboye
Newly Registered

Approval Received Today

Post by tundefaboye » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:32 am

Application Posted: 30/12/2009

Reference Number and Payment Deduction: 04/01/2010

Documents Received back today about 10:25am: 29/01/2010

Approval till 05/02/2013

Moomin
Newly Registered

Approval received

Post by Moomin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Application Posted: 31/12/2009

Reference Number and Payment Deduction: 04/01/2010

Documents Received: 29/01/2010

Approval till 28/01/2013

saran79

hsmp to tier1 extension

Post by saran79 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:43 pm

with you guys help i got my extension on 27/1/2010 successfully. actually i booked a premium appointment at Sheffield. Just got the visa within one hour. Just amazed by the speed of processing. got visa until 31/01/2013

Thank you very much for your support and help by this forum. i like to help some one if i ll be able to.

AAAA
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - visa refusal/appeal

Post by AAAA » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:50 pm

Good evening,

Just want to find out whether it is worth to appeal in the following situation.
I have applied for visa extension under Tier 1 (General). (Before I have been staying here under HSMP for 2 years.)
I have got refusal on 28th of January because of insufficient funds on my account.
For 23 days I had less than 800 pounds on all my accounts.
However, I had provided documentation that I had in excess of 3-4,000 pounds for the rest of the 3 months prior to my application. I had also provided proof that I have got salary increase within the 3 months period.
My partner provided letter that he supported me in that time and for the future, but this letter was not considered.

According to the main objective of the Maintenance section of Guidance, I had to show that I am able to support myself without public funds.
Therefore I would like to base my appeal on the argument that I have not asked for public funds and, more importanly, I will be able to support my stay in the UK in the future without recourse to public funds.
Do you think that this is a valid argument for the appeal? Could you advise about some lawyer companies in London that are honest and have good reputation? Many thanks in advance for your help.

babysmith
Newly Registered

Post by babysmith » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:54 am

how many months need to show maintanence fund for me n dependent for tier 1 extension? pls reply is 3 months or sixmonths

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:20 am

babysmith wrote:how many months need to show maintanence fund for me n dependent for tier 1 extension? pls reply is 3 months or sixmonths
3months and your funds should not fall below the required limits not even 1day and not even by 1pence.. please read the HO GUIDANCE for more and clear info..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:23 am

adnanmirza wrote:hi,

Please help
If you are not in a hurry.. better apply tier1(Dependent) visa for your kid by post as you dont need to go anywhere and you nearly wait for the same time for the approval.

babysmith
Newly Registered

Post by babysmith » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:47 am

thanks tvn_ramesh

mash81
Newly Registered

Post by mash81 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:14 am

Hello,

I have sent my application for renewal under Tier 1 recently. The photographs that I sent are the same ones that were used for the initial HSMP application. Would you think this will cause a problem? If so is there any way I can send new photographs now, before the application gets rejected. The payment has still not been deducted from my card and I have not yet recieved a reference number for the application. Please advise.

Thanks

anotherext
Newly Registered

old photos

Post by anotherext » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 am

hello mash81...i sugest you go to Jesops...get new photos done and sent them today itself by royalmail-special delivery...we have sen caseswhere visa has been rejected for this reason. If u are particularly lucky, the case worker might call you and sk for newer photos. However, since you have just sent it and fee is not deducted yet, I recommend..you send the current photos today itself.

mash81
Newly Registered

Post by mash81 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks anotherext. Would I need to send it to the same address as the application or is there a different address for this. My understanding was that the original application goes through the payment office, while this can go to the application processing office directly. Also, I haven't received a reference number yet, so what details do you think I need to provide for them to relate to my application.

work_in_uk
Newly Registered

Post by work_in_uk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:53 am

Got my T1 today. Thanks for the useful information on this forum.

Type: HSMP to Tier 1 (General) In-country application (self + 2 dependants)
Application date: 06-Jan-2010
Payment deducted : 07-Jan-2010
Acknowledgment letter date: 07-Jan-2010
Approval Date: 29-01-2010
Docs Received: 03-02-2010 (self addressed special delivery envelope)

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:27 pm

mash81 wrote:Hello,

I have sent my application for renewal under Tier 1 recently. The photographs that I sent are the same ones that were used for the initial HSMP application. Would you think this will cause a problem? If so is there any way I can send new photographs now, before the application gets rejected. The payment has still not been deducted from my card and I have not yet recieved a reference number for the application. Please advise.

Thanks
It will be 100% rejected.. hope the CW will call you back and ask you to send recent photos..

Wait for the Reference Letter to reach you and once you have the letter.. send the HO the latest photos (taken less than 1month);

how can you take such a risk of huge fees knowingly.. :roll:

winmano

Tier 1 approved - Timelines

Post by winmano » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi all

Thanks for all the help. My application has been approved today.

My timelines:

Application sent : 02-Jan
Application recd : 05-Jan
Fee deducted : 05-Jan
Acknowledgment letter : 07-Jan
Approved on : 28-Jan-2010
Paper work received - 03-Feb-2010

I am self-employed but I applied as an employee of my own company with Payslips and bank statements and got it approved. if anyone in this forum needs help , I will be happy to lend a helping hand

thanks again to all the help
winmano
A : 20th-dec
C: Chennai,
No Of working days: 24 (Got passport)

kieran
Newly Registered

Post by kieran » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:59 pm

work_in_uk wrote:Got my T1 today. Thanks for the useful information on this forum.

Type: HSMP to Tier 1 (General) In-country application (self + 2 dependants)
Application date: 06-Jan-2010
Payment deducted : 07-Jan-2010
Acknowledgment letter date: 07-Jan-2010
Approval Date: 29-01-2010
Docs Received: 03-02-2010 (self addressed special delivery envelope)
Hey Congratulations...
It seems they are not properly updating the wait timings section in the ukba website.They still say they r processing the apps received by end of Dec.But you have submitted in 1st week and got it now.Cool.My App was received by HO by 15th of Jan,so can I expect my result by end of this week or next week??