ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it Important

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fabio11

Is it Important

Post by fabio11 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:57 pm

I have ILR and want to invite permanently my father as my dependent . I was wondering whether can I show receipts from Western Union money transfer or I should have transfered money by bank?
Moreover how long I should have transfered few months, one year or whole duration.
Many thanks in advance.

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:10 pm

Its not as easy as you are thinking.

You have to proove that he is PURELY relying on you back home.

How old is your father? Im askng because if he is 65+ and there is nobody to look after him, then chances are strong.

If you browse the forum, you will find many similer posts.

Best of luck.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:33 pm

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:38 am

Thanks. Yes my father is above 65 and lives on his own. Though he is financially well of but I am sending him some money through Western Money for last few months to make statement.
But I was not sure if it is good way to make statements or I need propert bank transfer statement.
I am also not sure if few months statements are sufficient to show.
hamid84 wrote:Its not as easy as you are thinking.

You have to proove that he is PURELY relying on you back home.

How old is your father? Im askng because if he is 65+ and there is nobody to look after him, then chances are strong.

If you browse the forum, you will find many similer posts.

Best of luck.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:31 pm

fabio11 wrote:Thanks. Yes my father is above 65 and lives on his own. Though he is financially well of but I am sending him some money through Western Money for last few months to make statement.
But I was not sure if it is good way to make statements or I need propert bank transfer statement.
So u r sending him money he doesn't need in order to attempt to prove he dependent?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi fabio11

Yes save all of your receipts as part of the support you are prviding to your father as I used these as part of my hubbys case and they were accepted.
???REUNITED???

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Yes thats right sending him money to make stataments. How many receipts I need to prove is it alright if I show few months slips?
Thanks
Wanderer wrote:
fabio11 wrote:Thanks. Yes my father is above 65 and lives on his own. Though he is financially well of but I am sending him some money through Western Money for last few months to make statement.
So u r sending him money he doesn't need in order to attempt to prove he dependent?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:19 pm

fabio11 wrote: Though he is financially well of
That alone, is already a sign of the application failing!

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:25 pm

He is financially well of on assets not on his name so although physically he is well of on paper he is just living hard life.
Rozen wrote:
fabio11 wrote: Though he is financially well of
That alone, is already a sign of the application failing!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:50 pm

fabio11 wrote:Yes thats right sending him money to make stataments. How many receipts I need to prove is it alright if I show few months slips?
Thanks
Wanderer wrote:
Epic Fail!

No way is this gonna work, the ECO's aren't morons!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:18 pm

fabio11 wrote:He is financially well of on assets not on his name so although physically he is well of on paper he is just living hard life.
Sorry, still not good enough!
You already said yourself, that you were sending him money just to make up the statements. Not that he needs it!
He simply does not meet the criteria! End of! :roll:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm

This is the lamest thing I've heard in a long while, not to mention deceitful and may well result in all visas for ur Father to UK being denied, even visit visas.

You wanna risk that?

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:27 pm

ah slightly mis read what had been put here clearly...i sued the western union transaction receipts to prove i was the one supporting my hubby and that i would be able to do this on his arrival in the uk.....just for the record....and as stated you dont meet the criteria....so perhaps not the way to do it!
???REUNITED???

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:15 pm

Is it possible that I invite my dad on visit visa and apply for him to stay permanently on compassionate grounds.
OR
I should apply appeal etc in home country for entry clearence as dependent.

Whatever my chances I want to try but dont want to spend lot of time so which way is less time consuming.
Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:53 pm

fabio11 wrote:Is it possible that I invite my dad on visit visa and apply for him to stay permanently on compassionate grounds.
OR

Whatever my chances I want to try but dont want to spend lot of time so which way is less time consuming.
Thanks
Fabio11, just accept that your father cannot apply as your dependant! Not based on the info you’ve given anyway!

By inviting him on a visitor visa, with the intent to later apply for him to stay permanently on compassionate grounds, is a risky strategy at the very least!

Furthermore, you will only succeed in denting his UK immigration record, which may result in him being refused any visitor visas in the future.

I would suggest that you try to get him a ‘long term Family Visitor visa’. At least that way, he can visit you for up to six months in every twelve!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:33 pm

fabio11 wrote:Is it possible that I invite my dad on visit visa and apply for him to stay permanently on compassionate grounds.
OR

Thanks
Basically, no chance at all. Forget it, nada, nothing, nichts, nichego...