ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

early appeal hearing date?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

voilet
Newly Registered

early appeal hearing date?

Post by voilet » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:52 pm

My sons settlement visa was refused on the basis that a translated birth certificate wasnt submitted( which actually was). while i was issued a spouse visa the same day. We appealed against their decision with the required documents and this is the email i recieved from the Ait after following them up myself and by the MP

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your email.

The appeal is currently awaiting the Respondent bundle, they have until 26/05/2010 to submit these documents to the AIT an d the appeal will be listed for the hearing sometime after this date.

If you feel that the above appeal has compelling, compassionate circumstances which warrant the appeal being progressed to the AIT for an early hearing date, please address your representations to the Duty Immigration Judge of the AIT including copies of all relevant correspondence, either by an email reply or to the following address:

Duty Immigration Judge

Arnhem Support Centre

PO Box 6987

Leicester

LE1 6ZX

now my reasons for an early hearing date are
a)my current pregnancy which would restrict me from travelling after 7th month that is in March this year

b)my upcoming Plab2 exam in London in April 2010 for which i would also have to take a preparatory course in London.

and thus if not being issued the childs visa i would be stuck and have to go through the process of my next childs visa.

Now my question is

1)if i do get an earlier hearing date how soon will that be?

2)any other point that could strenghthem my case?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:46 pm

I am afraid these are not compelling and compassionate reasonsto expedite the hearing. You will be lucky if you get an earlier date on the basis of the reasons that you have given.

Remember there are thousand of people awaiting a hearing and I am sure they are all eager to learn their fate, but unfortunately they will all have to wait in the queue

Sorry :(

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Have you not tried to contact the post where your documents were submitted as you said the issue that they have refused you were in there?
???REUNITED???

voilet
Newly Registered

Post by voilet » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 pm

all appeals are dealt with in london now andnt the post. The visa was rejected in abudhabi but they forward them to pakistans bhc which forwards useless messages.
if i could some how get the email address of the entry clearance or the ukhub pakitan ...may be that would help? Any one out there???

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:37 pm

moma

Post by moma » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:13 am

hey well just a quick word to say just try and send it off it wont hurt if u try i did and i got a hearing date within tow weeks of writting the letter.better to fail at the last hurdle. express how stress can induce labour,im speaking from experience, and speak from the heart but be objective as well state facts and mix with emotion u know how u feel better than anyone else.

voilet
Newly Registered

Post by voilet » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanx batley khan and moma. we did send all new docs and evidence of exam and medical report to the Ait and i think they did push the UKBAIG coz they issued the visa last thursday that is 28 jan and i rcvd the call letter 2day 3 feb. All is great ans ALmighty thats all i can say , and feel
All the people waiting out there prepare for the worst and hope for the best...Meanwhile keep pushing the Ait and UkBAIg for ur case. Anything works and u never know. Coz its not fair they make families suffer due to careless mistakes by their ECO's.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:06 pm

I am glad you got your visa without the need to go to a appeal hearing.

I think the ECO/ECM upon receipt of your documents and had the sense to realize their mistakes and issue visa, therefore saving you the hassle of time and money spent on hearing.

Good on you :D