ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experience with PEO Birmingham

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coolwp

Experience with PEO Birmingham

Post by coolwp » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:13 pm

Hello to everybody on this wonderful forum!!

I have a premium appointment at Birmingham PEO. Please could anybody advise me for any tips and suggestion for the appointment. Any thing i should prepare for the interview? I am getting nervous now :wink:

Also if anybody could advise about the parking space available near the area or if there are enough parking space at the PEO?

All suggestions are gatefully received.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all :D

MrCheeks147
Newly Registered

Post by MrCheeks147 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:57 am

I would be very interested to know the parking requirments etc in the Solihull PEO as well.

Any info would be greatly appreciated..:D

Many thanks, 8)

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi

when is your appointment?

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi coolwp,
Are you applying in work permit/ tier 2 category ??
if yes what supporting documents you planning to send ?

I will also be applying it from London office soon but not have all the documents to support my application..

Thanks in Advance..
Deep..

MrCheeks147
Newly Registered

Post by MrCheeks147 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:00 pm

My appointment is next week.

And yours?

Tried googling it and looked at the street view, saw some couple of places but not really sure..Will ask a colleague of mine to see how he did his, parking i.e...

Will keep you posted.

Regards. :D

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:43 pm

try www.multimap.com
it has option for parking (google doesnt have it) and also a birdeye view - much more easier than satelite. street view on Google isn't 100% complete

chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:29 pm

There is an NCP Car park around the back of the building approx a minute's walk from the building. Opposite the building there is a short stay car park in the shopping district for 30 mins max.

They are quite relaxed at the Birmingham PEO and allow other visitors in with the main applicant. They will ask for your name which they will tick off on their screen. You will then get several text messages to your phone to confirm your appt. They is one airport-type security check with a guard but it's nothing like the airport checks you get.

The guard does not look at your paperwork at this point.

The waiting area is quite small with toilets. Take your ticket and keep an eye on the electronic board.

They call you to the first counter where they check your documents, if they are satisfied then they ask you to pay at the next counter. They rip out a section of the form with your name on and ask you to pay with the form.

They then ask you keep your mobile phone to hand in case they have to call you to check something and ask you to come back in 1-2 hours.

They town centre in nearby.

When you come back your ticket number will be on the board and its progress. They call you to security to collect your passport and check the entry.

Good luck!

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:55 am

@MrCheeks147

My appointment is in 2nd week of Feb. Good luck for your appointment. Would love to hear your "SUCCESS" story! All the best mate. What is your case? Mine is WP1+WP2+ Tier1. I am really getting nervous :?

@chunkybeefsoup :D Like you user name!

Thanks for the info. Really helpful! Cheers mate!

pravin24
Newly Registered

@chunkybeefsoup

Post by pravin24 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:18 pm

@chunkybeefsoup

Hi, your post was very helpful. Thanks.

Can you also please list the dcuments that they have asked?
How long did the whole process take?

Thanks

chunkybeefsoup

Re: @chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:55 am

pravin24 wrote:@chunkybeefsoup

Hi, your post was very helpful. Thanks.

Can you also please list the dcuments that they have asked?
How long did the whole process take?

Thanks
I applied for ILR based on a 2-year spouse visa.

All they asked for was 6 letters in joint names (no more), my wife's wage slips (took a brief look) and LIUK certificate. They kept hold of the LIUK certificate and 6 letters for their "further enquiries" and handed them back at the end. Whole process took 2-3 hours from beginning to end.

PS They asked for "wage slips" i.e. they don't specify whether they want to see mine or my wife's wage slips. So i handed in my wife's as they were originals. They ask how long ago you took the photos, if no children on form whether you have any children.

They do allow you to go back outside the building to put another parking ticket on your car if need be.

HTH.

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:46 am

MrCheeks147 wrote:My appointment is next week.

And yours?

Tried googling it and looked at the street view, saw some couple of places but not really sure..Will ask a colleague of mine to see how he did his, parking i.e...

Will keep you posted.

Regards. :D
Hi

Please share your experience..Nervous now :?

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:33 am

Hello Friends,

Now finally, it is my chance to share my experience of ILR success at PEO Birmingham. Thank you all on this wonderful forum and my best wishes to all.

My case: WP1 + WP2+ Tier1.
Appointment: I was trying to book appointments for long and luckily was manage to get appointment in Feb. I tried booking an appointment using both the phone in the morning and online booking for the rest of the day. I was lucky with the online booking. I book a family appointment with two dependents.

We all went together for the appointment. We all travelled by car to Solihull. It was a very long journey for us and reached there at 12.00 for our 12.45 appointment. We parked the car in the nearby Dominion Court car park about a minute walk away from the PEO.

At the reception, we were asked to pass through airport type security checks involving metal screening and bag-searching. We were then given a token number. The waiting room was almost full. After a long wait our number was called. We were informed that there was some problem in their system and that was the reason for the delay. We proceeded to the counter. The case worker was very friendly. We took loads of document but the case worker only ask my application form, last 3 payslips, LIUK certificate, Photographs (all 3) and passports. (yes, no other document was asked not even P60, bank statement nothing..)

He then examined my passports and asked about my absences from the UK section. He then took out a checklist, and started ticking boxes. He said everything’s fine, handed me a slip, and asked me to pay at the cashier counter with the slip. He said that we will send the passport by post. I went to the cashier counter and made the payment and came out. I received my passport along with dependents all OK after 3 days.

Thank you all for all your advise and Best wishes to everyone who is applying soon.

raja_no_1

Post by raja_no_1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:43 pm

1) did they NOT ask you for the employers letter ?
2) is this normal for Solihull not to stamp the passport on the same day?

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 pm

I think they don't ask for employer letter for Tier1.

As I mentioned that they have some problem with their systems on the day so they saw everybody and sent passport by post. They like other PEO's premium appointment give passprts on same day.

All the best