ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

expedite request for appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

moma

expedite request for appeal

Post by moma » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Hey guys

just wondering guys if u can help me i want to make a expedite request for my settlement appeal. i have got letters for my daughters physio etc but i wanted to know what sort of stuff i should put in the letter.

I want to try and get my appeal sorted asap.help me please i havent got a date yet for my hearing.

Does anyone else have a bad experience with dealing with BHC or consular? here is my expeerience

Oct 9-I sent in my application for spouse visa
Oct 15 - refused
Oct 21 - Got notice of refusal citing these reasons my accomodation was inadequate i rent a 3 bed semi detached house provided tenancy agreements and didnt see why my hubby could rejoin me in my home country cos that was were we met and i had strived to frustrate the rules cos i have overstayed for 5 yrs.
Nov 2- sent in appeal to post
Nov- refused nt sure when i was refused becos ECM wasnt satisfied with new supporting documents which included letters from HO received during period i overstayed to prove i was in contact wuth them and reporting as per instruction.photos of our house and statement from me.
Nov24- BHC Pretoria claim they sent off case to AIT
Dec 29- AIT got my appeal and logged it after 5 weeks
Dec 17- claim by POst thta they sent my documents to me
Jan11- still waiting on hearing date

by the way i still havent got a letter confirming my latest refusal and my supporting documents to date i have been told they sent them thru fedex and then vfs then now its normal post office.which is nt providing service to people. so i have to wait for post and they adviced me to expect my documents end of jan.please share ur experiences.and advice

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Moma

I have wrote one of these before....all i can advise is that you write it from the heart and what effects your situation is having on the family and your daughter, i backed my letter up with GP letter......i was sucessful, however others have tried and failed so ig uess you can take a chance!

They scheduled another hearing date and before we went to court Pretoria called and advised that they had overturned their original decision!!!
???REUNITED???

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:47 pm

I am afraid you can not expedite your appeal for the reasons you have stated.

Your application is a typical refusal by the BHC. I am afraid you will have to wait your turn.

The length of time for such appeals is 6months after lodging an appeal.

You will have to wait for a date of hearing from AIT and then explain why your hubby should be entitled to come and saty with you.

If you have been refused on grounds of insufficient accomadation, did you get an accomadation report done by your local authority to say that there is sufficienrt room and it will not be overcrowded.Also did you send a tennancu agreement valid for longer than 6 months?

moma

Post by moma » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:14 pm

hey pretty political thx for quick response can u please just fill me in on the sort of stuff to write i dont want to come off sounding emotional. please advice me on what u wrote in ur letter.i would be very grateful.i want to send off the letter before end of this week.which country were u applying from and long ago was this when u wrote this letter.

Baxley
sorry i think u didnt understand me at all i will xplain my situation to u.

i am the applicant and was going to join my hubby who is in the UK. I am here with my daughter who is british. we came together with the hubby but he has since gone bak.

and no i didnt do a council accomo report.i sent a letter from my estate agent acting on behalf of landlord.photos of house, tenancy agreement which was for 6 mnths valid for abt 5 months.the prob wasnt validity but eco wasnt satisfied it was adequate and nt satisfied we wld be able to pay for ourselves without recourse to public funds.

the prob is that my daughter has a prob requiring urgent medical care and she had physio scheduled but has since been cancelled due to non-attendance.and she is missin scheduled appts for hospitals and gp surgery ...jabs, treatment, reviews she has a problem which requires monitoring and was suppose to get a date for corrective surgery.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:02 pm

You can try just like advised by above post, but I think her circumstances were "extreme" whereas I dont think yours are.

I think there a lot of people in the same boat as you and I have no doubt that they all would like to join their spouses or kids asap, but I am afraid they have to wait their turns as the number of appeals are at an all high. People have to wait their turn.

Like I said there is no harm asking for an expedite hearing, the worst that can hapeen is that they will tell you to wait your turn. These types are very rare but possible. Good luck

moma

Post by moma » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:07 am

well thx prettypolitical u are a star for ur encouragement, Last week my huby sent the expedite letter the AIT got it on friday last week and on monday my hubby called them to find out if we had a date yet? and he was told the hearing is next thursday. what a quick turn around we still cant believe it. so now he is going to court to find out what we need in court sort of questions are asked. Guys thank u very much i know it hasnt been allowed but the advice you get here is priceless. will update y'all in a few weeks

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:28 pm

I am so glad for you, fingers crossed and it will all be a thing of the past!......now i am excited for you, i do hope it goes well moma......please keep me up to date!
???REUNITED???

r99fan
Newly Registered

Re: expedite request for appeal

Post by r99fan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:25 pm

guys anyone know of a valid reason to expedite an appeal. its just that ive tried but the judge just seen a blank letter and refused to acknowledge my reason.

Nishan12
Newly Registered

Re: expedite hearing date

Post by Nishan12 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:21 pm

dear Sir, i meant prettyPolitical; I have a pretty much same Problem like MOM; Please can you help me and i would much appreciate if you could send the sample of expedite request letter.
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: expedite hearing date

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Nishan12 wrote:dear Sir, i meant prettyPolitical; I have a pretty much same Problem like MOM; Please can you help me and i would much appreciate if you could send the sample of expedite request letter.
thanks
This topic is 6 years old and user MOMA has not logged into the forum since 2012.

Suggest start your own topic with your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.