ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Shefield PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saarang
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Shefield PEO

Post by Saarang » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi all,

First of all thanks to the members of this forum who provided and shared loads of information about their knowledge and experience on UKBA.

Let me share my pleasant experience at Sheffield PEO for our ILR this week. I applied for ILR under the Tier 2 migrant category (4.5 years WP + 0.5 years Tier2). I took my dependents with me even though the UKBA staff over phone said dependents are not needed but if I wish I could bring them along (Two brains tackle better than a single).

Our appointment was at 10:00am and we reached there at 9:00am. After security we went to registration counter and got the token number.

At 9:15 I was called at one of the counters for initial checking.

The documents asked are as follows:

1. SET (O) application with photos (1 set taken and inset returned) and PPs
2. Pay slips and bank statements (I gave last 3 months only)
3. KOL in UK – both me and my spouse.
4. Letter from employer
5. Any WP docs from UKBA (I said, I don’t have any as the employer has them all - she said no problem)

I prepared a separate sheet of the days of absences from the UK (129 personal+29 business) and attached with the application.

I took loads of docs with me (marriage cert, birth cert, 5 P60s etc) but nothing else was asked.

I was asked whether I intend to travel outside UK in the next 28 days, I said, ‘No’. She took the application + 1 set of photo + PPs with her and gave me a file with the supporting docs and asked me to handover the file and pay the fee at the payment counter. By 9:40am I paid the fee (£1120) and waited for my token no. to be called.

At 10:00am, an UKBA staff called me at a counter and introduced her as the caseworker (CW) for my application that day. She told me that hope she had received all the required docs and would let me know her decision in 1 hr.

During the 5 year period I travelled (personal) to Swiss twice (3 days and 4 days). Since I travelled on a UK WP visa the Swiss immigration authorities didn’t stamp my entry and exit to Swiss. No exit stamp from UK as well, because UK only stamps when we come into the country. So there were two entry stamps without the matching exit stamps which were not my fault. First I worried about that and then advised by the forum members not to as the UKBA has all those info and just fill in all the dates I travelled outside UK in the sheet/application. I put down all my travel dates and reasons.

At 10:35, the CW called me and said,â€

kpreddy
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success at Shefield PEO

Post by kpreddy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Congrats and thank you for sharing the info.. i am going for the appointment in Sheffield in March.. hope mine gets approved as well....

Saarang
Newly Registered

Post by Saarang » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi kpreddy

Thank you and wish you all the best.

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Hello Saarang,
Well done in getting your ILR.
I will be applying ILr in march and have same case as your..
was on Work permit for 4 years and on tier 2 currently from last 1 year and very confused about documents i should give.
I don't have Form P60 for the first 2 years and but have all the Original work permit letter except one(for which i have visa extension letter) extension..
As i understand from your application if i can show my work permit letter that would suffice to support my application..
whats your opinions on that one ??
I have been confused all this time..
PS: i will be applying to Croydon,london office..
Thanks in advance..

Deep..

Saarang
Newly Registered

Post by Saarang » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi Deep4ILR

Thank you. As you can see from my post they didn't ask P60 for me. The initial application checker had a check-list and it did not ask for P60 at all. The first person goes by the check-list only. But it is handy to have P60 and other additional docs, as it depends on your particular case and the caseworker.

May be you can take all your payslips in case of missing P60s. I took all my payslips for 5 years with me (I also had 5 years P60), even though I gave only 3 payslips.

Regarding the WP doc, I believe they asked this to know/verify the HO reference number. When I said No, my employer has them all, she said it 's OK. You still have all your WP visa on your PP to prove and the HO also has all the info about the applicant. In your case you have more than one WP letters to give a HO reference number so, no reason to worry.

All the best

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Saarang,

thats relief.. thank you very much for your advice..
I think i have the salary slips to cover that period of work where i don't have work permit letter.
In fact i have service letter from my previous employer letter stating that i worked with them during this time so that can be proof of employment as well..
Good luck for your life/career in UK..

Deep..

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:00 pm

[quote="Saarang"]Hi all,

First of all thanks to the members of this forum who provided and shared loads of information about their knowledge and experience on UKBA.

Let me share my pleasant experience at Sheffield PEO for our ILR this week. I applied for ILR under the Tier 2 migrant category (4.5 years WP + 0.5 years Tier2). I took my dependents with me even though the UKBA staff over phone said dependents are not needed but if I wish I could bring them along (Two brains tackle better than a single).

Our appointment was at 10:00am and we reached there at 9:00am. After security we went to registration counter and got the token number.

4. Letter from employer
5. Any WP docs from UKBA (I said, I don’t have any as the employer has them all - she said no problem)

I prepared a separate sheet of the days of absences from the UK (129 personal+29 business) and attached with the application.

I took loads of docs with me (marriage cert, birth cert, 5 P60s etc) but nothing else was asked.

I was asked whether I intend to travel outside UK in the next 28 days, I said, ‘No’. She took the application + 1 set of photo + PPs with her and gave me a file with the supporting docs and asked me to handover the file and pay the fee at the payment counter. By 9:40am I paid the fee (£1120) and waited for my token no. to be called.

At 10:00am, an UKBA staff called me at a counter and introduced her as the caseworker (CW) for my application that day. She told me that hope she had received all the required docs and would let me know her decision in 1 hr.

During the 5 year period I travelled (personal) to Swiss twice (3 days and 4 days). Since I travelled on a UK WP visa the Swiss immigration authorities didn’t stamp my entry and exit to Swiss. No exit stamp from UK as well, because UK only stamps when we come into the country. So there were two entry stamps without the matching exit stamps which were not my fault. First I worried about that and then advised by the forum members not to as the UKBA has all those info and just fill in all the dates I travelled outside UK in the sheet/application. I put down all my travel dates and reasons.

Last edited by kindley on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

dpre
Newly Registered

Post by dpre » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:38 pm

Saarang
I am going to Sheffield next month for my ILR SET O under WP. I have had 2 employers incl my current place of work. Could you help me with these:
- I started my second employment BEFORE getting FLR stamp. Is that an issue?
- Do you have template of the employer letter?
- what proofs are required for my wife? She has been here less than 2 years - is that an issue?

thanks a lot.

[quote="Saarang"]Hi all,

4. Letter from employer

rajivbravo
Newly Registered

Post by rajivbravo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Hey Saarang..
Congrats ...

I am scheduled for 4th @ Sheffield. Do they have good parking arrangements.. (easy one for you I guess :-)...

I am having gaps more then 180 but they owe to my professional visits ..onshore offshore model u know.... thkfuly got letter from my employer...
keeping my fingers cross...
Saarang wrote:
Thank you and wish you all the best.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:26 am

I'd recommend Sheffield as well. Very polite, very courteous and very quick. I drove 135 miles to go there.

Just one issue, specially for those applying under the HSMP JR. They did not give me my ILR Backdate letter even though I asked for it. I eventually had to get my MP to write to the HO to get it.

Regards - Spartac.

sabs001
Newly Registered

Post by sabs001 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:34 am

hi
i am from india. my wife came here on work permit on 2005. her 2005-2006 form p60 is missing. i am worried wheather this will affect our ILR

hope as an experianced person you can advice me

Thanking you

Sabson

bpandrate

Post by bpandrate » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi congrats,
As you have been to Cardiff PEO, i have an appointment in same PEO
I have a question to you pls. As i want to apply in person soon pls tell me will HO check your documents in first step or not if so will they advise you about any documents needed or not qualified yet kind of ...things before you pay your fee.

Cause as i might not be eligible in some cases or might be ..if they do advise after checking documents to go ahead for paying fee only i want to go ahead for applying as it cost too much , please could you tell me if this happens or not?

thanks in advance

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:30 am

Congrats saarang!!

One question, Did u take employer letter with you? Did they ask forit? Also I don't have first few salary slips of 2005.. is it going to affect my case? Thanks for ur help.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 am

coolwp wrote:Did u take employer letter with you? Did they ask forit?
Try reading original message again :wink:
coolwp wrote:Also I don't have first few salary slips of 2005.. is it going to affect my case?
No.