ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport/Naturalization & Level Of English Requi

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chunkybeefsoup

British Passport/Naturalization & Level Of English Requi

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi

It is possible to pass the Life in the UK Test and not have a decent level/fluent level of English.

My question is can you still go on and apply for a British Passport and have an interpreter at the interview? In addition, do you need a certain level of English to apply for naturalisation?

I would be grateful for your view.

Thanks.

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:17 pm

If you have the command of English to prepare and pass the test, then you definitely don't need an interpreter at the interview.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:45 pm

But then there may be those that obtained their naturalisation *before* the introduction of the test and haven't since applied for a passport so I suppose an interpreter might be possible.

But he's right - if you've taken the test and passed - then your english is good enough to do it without.