ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applicant's birth certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ElizabethB

Applicant's birth certificate

Post by ElizabethB » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi everyone

I have read that in some BHC offices the applicant is required to submit their birth certificate and/or national identity card in addition to their passport. Is this is the case? Does anyone know whether it is followed in Kampala?

Thanks!

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Yes, in a lot of countries that is true and after looking at the embassy website in uganda they link to this which also it looks like you do need to provide a birth certificate (from bitter experience, most if not all BHC's also require a certified english translation of any documents not originally in english too - without knowing what the standard language is in uganda)

http://www.vfs-uk-ug.com/checklists.aspx

ElizabethB

Post by ElizabethB » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:21 pm

andyb123 wrote:Yes, in a lot of countries that is true and after looking at the embassy website in uganda they link to this which also it looks like you do need to provide a birth certificate (from bitter experience, most if not all BHC's also require a certified english translation of any documents not originally in english too - without knowing what the standard language is in uganda)

Thanks so much for highlighting that andyb123. This is a bit of problem, my spouse no longer has a birth certificate. Do you know if BHC know that in some countries it is difficult to get these things?!!

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:29 pm

you can explain in a covering letter why you don't have this, quite how the ECO will look on this i can't say, it probably depends on what mood they are in the day they look at your application

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi
andyb123 wrote:you can explain in a covering letter why you don't have this, quite how the ECO will look on this i can't say, it probably depends on what mood they are in the day they look at your application
Brith Certificate is not mandatory...It depends upon country in which you are going to apply..

I believe dont need to be explain..You would be fine..

UK_Banned_Member

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:28 pm

ElizabethB wrote:
andyb123 wrote:Yes, in a lot of countries that is true and after looking at the embassy website in uganda they link to this which also it looks like you do need to provide a birth certificate (from bitter experience, most if not all BHC's also require a certified english translation of any documents not originally in english too - without knowing what the standard language is in uganda)

Thanks so much for highlighting that andyb123. This is a bit of problem, my spouse no longer has a birth certificate. Do you know if BHC know that in some countries it is difficult to get these things?!!
elizabethB, its quite easy to aply for another birth certificate in Uganda. All you have to do is go to the registra's office, fill in a form then pay asmall amount of money which i think is not more than £10 equivalent. It should take not more than two weeks to have it out.

Wish you luck.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

ElizabethB

Post by ElizabethB » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:16 pm

DFDS. wrote:
ElizabethB wrote:

elizabethB, its quite easy to aply for another birth certificate in Uganda. All you have to do is go to the registra's office, fill in a form then pay asmall amount of money which i think is not more than £10 equivalent. It should take not more than two weeks to have it out.

Wish you luck.
Thanks DFDS. As you know from the other post, he's not Ugandan. Just will be applying in Uganda because no BHC in Bujumbura.. but thanks anyway.

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:16 pm

ummm do i need my birth certificate(applicant's) while applying from pakistan??