ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone Traveling to U.K in Feb 2010 for JOB search?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ramakrishna224
Newly Registered

Post by ramakrishna224 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:09 am

Ram here. I am traveling to UK on FEB 10th for job search. Anyone planning around that time ?

ramakrishna224@gmail.com

freemind76

yes, I have plans

Post by freemind76 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi Ram, I have plans to travel around that date. PM me at nav_boy_2000@yahoo.com

rsharma6
Newly Registered

Me on Feb 14th

Post by rsharma6 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:50 am

Guys, I'm travelling on feb 14.
Last edited by rsharma6 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 pm

any one of you knows PL SQL...

Karuna
BANNED

I am planning to travel U K on Mar/April 2010

Post by Karuna » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:51 am

Hi Friends,
This is karuna, I am IT Professional working in IBM , 6. 5 Exp. And 'am planning to travel UK on Mar /April. So i want your valuable suggestion and information/Tips about UK Travel.

1 - How is the UK IT Market?
2 - Is this the right time to come to UK?
3 - Can i find the Part time job until to get Expected JOB.
4 - Which is the right place to stay in UK . which will help to search IT jobs
5 - How could i find the place to stay?

I am expecting your valuable response which helps me more .

Thanks,
Karuna

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi rama, karuna, sharma,
where abouts are you guys planning to stay in UK ?

Karuna
BANNED

Post by Karuna » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi Herts ,
Thanks for your reply First.

I don't have much idea about the UK. and location which place is suitable/Convenient for to search in the way of traveling to the interview location. As i planning to stay around London.

If you have any suggestion regarding the location to stay . Please share with us.

Thanks,
- Karuna

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi,

I am a stress analyst (Aero Domain) with 6.5 Years of experience. Basically thinking of travelling around March- April 2010. Anyone with similar experience are welcome to share their thoughts by posts or by a private message.

Karuna,
I have heard that London is one of the happening places for IT, but I heard from some of my friends that it is costly there. I would advise you to upload your resume to Jobsites like jobserve and monster.co.uk.

Thanks
Raghav

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:47 am

You guys need to go thru all other informative posts in this forum...they will help clear all your doubts...

Specific to Karuna

Worse than Indian and Asian markets but still not bad to come and try if you have the right skills and the patience to survive

There is no right time...UK is one of the last to get out of the recession but that does not mean there are no jobs at all. If you have the right skills and there are companies that want you then it's a breeze. Trust me, this comes from personal experience :)

Lot of competition for that. Ready to work as a waiter or serve burgers or be a cashier? IT itself does not promote temp jobs unless you have some really crazy skills noone in the world has

South and South West generally have more chances but thats not always true. Remember, everyone stays there so competition is equally higher to get a decent job!!!

Silly question actually. The rules are same all over the world. Surf the net to understand the stats but you cannot get a house here without being here. Come here, move into a Bed and Breakfast or hotel, and then go house/flat hunting. Everything here is on contract - min 3 or 6 months so you cannot really decide. Plus you need to see the place in reality before committing - similar to anywhere in the world, so no point thinking of it until here

Life, work and general life is not as easy as it was 3 years back. Competition is more, pay is less and stress is incredible. If you have a huge nest egg, an even bigger patience and tolerance, not to forget the extra money to help you survive the few or many jobless months, then you can come and try. Dont ever think its a cake walk here. I personally believe that finding a job within India, my home land, is easier and quicker than in the UK.

PS: Some say savings are more outside UK than when being here and thats true in many cases. Dont get fooled by the huge pre tax salary amounts. Once the tax man eats it up and ALL your monthly bills are paid, you are better off back home!!!

Cheers
KP

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:51 am

BTW about London

Pay scales - 28k in other cities equals close to 35k in London

Rents - A decent 2 Bed house up north comes to £475 and down south maybe £525 to £625 and these are all in good localities. A 1 Bed in Ealing Broadway in a similar great location comes to £900 so its almost double!!!

London and surrounding suburbs is a lot higher and that cant be helped. More people, more jobs and even more fighting for the jobs available

Cheers
KP

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:02 pm

here is the situation, you apply, but you will not hear anything lol..
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

bym007

Post by bym007 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Jack_Hammer wrote:here is the situation, you apply, but you will not hear anything lol..
Well, I have an MBA and PGDip (Computer Networks) from UK :D and I have been applying for new jobs since 22/01 without a single reply.

Don't lose hope yet, I have been told :shock:

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:54 pm

The job market is at absolute bottom right now - unless you are an absolutely brilliant/guru person, you will have problems finding a job. And if you are indeed a guru, you will get up to 33% less than in 2008.

saikrishna
Newly Registered

Re: Anyone Traveling to U.K in Feb 2010 for JOB search?

Post by saikrishna » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:55 am

[quote="ramakrishna224"]Ram here. I am traveling to UK on FEB 10th for job search. Anyone planning around that time ?

ramakrishna224@gmail.com[/quote]

i am planning to travel in March.which technology r u looking.
how is the market for C++.where r u staying.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:54 pm

kenfrapin wrote:You guys need to go thru all other informative posts in this forum...they will help clear all your doubts...

Specific to Karuna

Worse than Indian and Asian markets but still not bad to come and try if you have the right skills and the patience to survive

There is no right time...UK is one of the last to get out of the recession but that does not mean there are no jobs at all. If you have the right skills and there are companies that want you then it's a breeze. Trust me, this comes from personal experience :)

Lot of competition for that. Ready to work as a waiter or serve burgers or be a cashier? IT itself does not promote temp jobs unless you have some really crazy skills noone in the world has

South and South West generally have more chances but thats not always true. Remember, everyone stays there so competition is equally higher to get a decent job!!!

Silly question actually. The rules are same all over the world. Surf the net to understand the stats but you cannot get a house here without being here. Come here, move into a Bed and Breakfast or hotel, and then go house/flat hunting. Everything here is on contract - min 3 or 6 months so you cannot really decide. Plus you need to see the place in reality before committing - similar to anywhere in the world, so no point thinking of it until here

Life, work and general life is not as easy as it was 3 years back. Competition is more, pay is less and stress is incredible. If you have a huge nest egg, an even bigger patience and tolerance, not to forget the extra money to help you survive the few or many jobless months, then you can come and try. Dont ever think its a cake walk here. I personally believe that finding a job within India, my home land, is easier and quicker than in the UK.

PS: Some say savings are more outside UK than when being here and thats true in many cases. Dont get fooled by the huge pre tax salary amounts. Once the tax man eats it up and ALL your monthly bills are paid, you are better off back home!!!

Cheers
KP

DRY MARKET 4 JOBS
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.