ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help & advise on (EEA4)ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

matinuk2
- thin ice -

Post by matinuk2 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi everyone,
i have recently found out that EU citizens and their family members will automatically obtain a PR without need to apply and the fact of applying for one and get a stamp is just a confirmation and nothing more.
and also that 5 years since exercising treaty right when you automatically obtain a PR 12 month since a person obtained a PR is eligible for naturalization and British passport.
so i guess although i've applied for my PR on May/2009 then regardless of receiving it or not, i will apply for my citizenship on may2010.

matinuk2
- thin ice -

Hi everyone

Post by matinuk2 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi everyone,
well it will be 6 month on 8th of Oct which is next week, and still waiting from HO.
i have already send couple of complaint email and a letter, and also try to push my Solicitor too, they are useless.
if i don't get anything by weekend, i start to write every other day, until i get respond.
any idea? share it with us

bobbysatya4u

Post by bobbysatya4u » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:09 pm

Hi i posted another thread but got no reply.Please i do need some advice,I am an non EU living in UK since July 2004(Entred on student visa).I met a girl from EEA country while studing and we started living together since november 2004 and still living together.In September 2006 we got married and i was issued RC in March 2007.Till march 2007 i was on a student visa.My wife has been excercising her treaty rights and we have all documents like p60 to prove this.I worked part time whilst on student visa and now full time since recieved my RC.In august 2009 my wife became eligible to apply for PR as she lived in UK and excersied her treaty rights for continuous five years,Iwas wondering as we have been living together since november 2004 will i be eligible to apply for PR in novemeber 2009??.We have all the bills and tenancy agreements in our name(since february 2005) apart from first 6months when we rented a room and all we have a 1 paper tenancy agreement for that period.As all bills were included in rent we don't have any bills in our name for these 6 months.I also have a bank society passbook with this period adress.Please anybody give some advice on this.Is it worth tring or will i have to wait till september 2011 to apply for PR??we are planning to apply together although she is not obliged to but we thought that might help our case.Many thanks

matinuk2
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by matinuk2 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:48 am

Hi everyone,
on 01 of Dec i've got a letter from HO in Liverpool asking for some documents, which i've send them all with my original application.
it looked like a pre-printed letter sending to everyone asking for any additional documents if they have one to add before making a decision.
My lawyer said it means my application is with team worker and will be soon with a case worker, and if i'm luck i might get result before christmas.
i was wonder if anyone else has received a similar letter and if they did, how long after did they got their result?
i am worried about a documents proving my Ex was exercising her treaty in this country as she has refused to give me any documents, although i have send all her responds emails that first she agreed to provide me with prove and then she changed her mind, and even managed to get a letter from her divorce lawyer that she was exercising her treaty at the time of divorce as she was her lawyer, i just hope a caseworker is lenient on this one.

let me know what you guys think of this

Thanks

matinuk2
- thin ice -

Hi again

Post by matinuk2 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Hey everyone,
Today in the morning i wrote about last respond that i had from HO liverpool.
i just had my mail now and there was another letter from HO which was not pre-printed and was signed by actual person apologizing for delay in my application and confirming that my application will be allocated to a caseworker for consideration, although has been mentioned that can't give me exact date on which i will receive a respond.
at last all those complaints paid off :lol:
I hope the are decent enough to approve me application and end my misery.
either way, this is itttttttttttttttttttttttt :D :lol:

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi matinuk2,

Could you expalin in details what are the required documents they ask for in their letter?

Thanks

vegeta_2009

Re: Hi again

Post by vegeta_2009 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:06 pm

matinuk2, i commend you on keeping us updated, the ex doesnt want to give me anything either, we havent actually started divorce proceeding but she warned me that she won't if i ask her for any divorce settlement (finances).

please keep us updated.

kapil_24uk

Re: Hi again

Post by kapil_24uk » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:49 pm

vegeta_2009 wrote:matinuk2, i commend you on keeping us updated, the ex doesnt want to give me anything either, we havent actually started divorce proceeding but she warned me that she won't if i ask her for any divorce settlement (finances).

please keep us updated.
hi guys

just to update u that unfortunatelymt pr applcation foowing divorce have been refused on the grounds that my eea wife "was nt exercising her treaty rights" as she wasnt working and i was supporting her.

im in desperate need please advise me ot to do.

many thanx
kapil

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:14 pm

I am just curious why so many 'Non-EEA married to EEA' start divorcing after 4-5 years ???
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:19 pm

inwarsaw wrote:I am just curious why so many 'Non-EEA married to EEA' start divorcing after 4-5 years ???
:P well that's easy, because they get permanent residency in five years...sad really.
I tell it like it is.

kapil_24uk

Post by kapil_24uk » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:38 pm

matinuk2 wrote:Hi Mego_1980
no he is not Chinese, he is white british guy practicing in central london.
hi

could u please give me ur solicitor detail as y case have been refused and i need to change my solicitor . u can pm me if u want or mail me kapil_24uk@yahoo.co.uk

many thnx
kpil verma

kapil_24uk

Post by kapil_24uk » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:47 pm

inwarsaw wrote:I am just curious why so many 'Non-EEA married to EEA' start divorcing after 4-5 years ???
im sorry to hear that but wen u r in love sum 1 u really dont carewhere they belong to.
hope u understant

thanx

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:55 pm

ElenaW wrote:
:P well that's easy, because they get permanent residency in five years...sad really.
Calling them sad is far from being sufficient to describe how pathetic it is. It can't be condemned enough. Ruining someone else's life to secure a damn passport or residency !!

I can't describe the feeling I get when I see on this forum one group of people claiming 'she is the love of my life' and 'we want to get married as soon as possible' and 'we are deeply in love' and the sort and at the same time, there is another group declaring 'our marriage is going nowhere' and 'our love finished' and so forth after 4-5 years of marriage.

No wonder then the first group of people I mentioned attracts sarcasm every time they post.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:02 pm

kapil_24uk wrote:
im sorry to hear that but wen u r in love sum 1 u really dont carewhere they belong to.
hope u understant

thanx
If they are truly in love and it doesn't matter where they live, why do they go through the EU route and then break up?

If you don't care where they come from, why not live in their home country?
I tell it like it is.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:03 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
ElenaW wrote:
Calling them sad is far from being sufficient to describe how pathetic it is. It can't be condemned enough. Ruining someone else's life to secure a damn passport or residency !!

I can't describe the feeling I get when I see on this forum one group of people claiming 'she is the love of my life' and 'we want to get married as soon as possible' and 'we are deeply in love' and the sort and at the same time, there is another group declaring 'our marriage is going nowhere' and 'our love finished' and so forth after 4-5 years of marriage.

No wonder then the first group of people I mentioned attracts sarcasm every time they post.
Did you see the thread started from the guy that was married the day before he posted ... he posted asking about what rights he would have once divorced .

Alot of people seem to be doing it now , especially those that have over stayed or been deported (little/no chance of getting any other visas) they seem to quickly fall in love with a EU national and return to the UK via the EU route . As soon as they have rights in the UK they quickly divorce then remarry a partner from their own country and look to bring them over as a dependant .
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:04 pm

kapil_24uk wrote:
hope u understant

thanx
Yes I understand that but what I don't understand is what changes in matter of 4-5 years that marriage of a couple so 'deeply in love with each other' starts going nowhere.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:08 pm

RattleSnake wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:
ElenaW wrote:

Did you see the thread started from the guy that was married the day before he posted ... he posted asking about what rights he would have once divorced .

Alot of people seem to be doing it now , especially those that have over stayed or been deported (little/no chance of getting any other visas) they seem to quickly fall in love with a EU national and return to the UK via the EU route . As soon as they have rights in the UK they quickly divorce then remarry a partner from their own country and look to bring them over as a dependant .
Haha Sherlock Holmes again !

I haven't seen that great post though :)

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:10 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
RattleSnake wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:
ElenaW wrote:

He edited his posts but you can read th reactions of other site members . The thread is here >> http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#323555

Enjoy :wink:
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:11 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
RattleSnake wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:
ElenaW wrote:

I'm sure you commented on it. It was this guy who got married in the carribean and seemed so excited then the next question was "what happens if we divorce?" then he started saying things along the lines of "you know how women are nowadays"....man that cheesed me off.
I tell it like it is.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Damn, I wanna know what he put after the comment I made (where I basically yelled at him).
I tell it like it is.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:15 pm

Don't know if I should laugh at it or what....thats unbelievable !

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:18 pm

ElenaW wrote:Damn, I wanna know what he put after the comment I made (where I basically yelled at him).
hehe most probably he said he loves his wife :)

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:23 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
ElenaW wrote:Damn, I wanna know what he put after the comment I made (where I basically yelled at him).
hehe most probably he said he loves his wife :)
:P oh yeah of course.
I tell it like it is.

matinuk2
- thin ice -

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Post by matinuk2 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi everyone
Thanks everyone for your help and support during the last 10 month.
Finally i have received my PR dated for 24/Feb/10 after 10 month of waiting and complaining to HO.
now i will apply for my naturalization in about 6 weeks time, but it's amazing how a piece of paper can change your life and let you sleep easier at night.
thanks everyone again for all your advice and supports.

Matinuk2

kapil_24uk

Re: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Post by kapil_24uk » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:12 pm

matinuk2 wrote:Hi everyone
Thanks everyone for your help and support during the last 10 month.
Finally i have received my PR dated for 24/Feb/10 after 10 month of waiting and complaining to HO.
now i will apply for my naturalization in about 6 weeks time, but it's amazing how a piece of paper can change your life and let you sleep easier at night.
thanks everyone again for all your advice and supports.

Matinuk2
hi matinuk2

congrax

i was in similar situation but my pr been refused on the basis that y ex wasnt exercsng her treaty rights. my appeal in may now.coild u please give me ur solicitor add if u dont mind as my solicitor ddnt send them even a covering letter to explin the situation and i believe she dont now wot dshe is doing.

many thanx
kapil